Captain Britain

[MOD] UCS Slave 1 + Lights!

Hi all!

I hope I'm doing this correctly?! I don't usually find my way over to the Star Wars section but wanted to share my Slave 1 with you all!

I snagged the idea from a guy on Reddit who added white lights into his Slave 1 to light up the engines, and I loved the look! I knew I had to do it myself. To make it more of my own take on it I decided to change the lights to orange to try and match the engine colour better. I've also swapped out the trans-blue 1x1 tiles on the top engine for trans-orange, and have some trans-orange discs coming to replace the lower blue ones.

Anyway, I hope you guys like! I plan on getting some more lights into the cockpit at some stage but didn't think orange would suit in there. 

You can just about see the battery pack sitting on the stand underneath with a bit of wire showing. I plan to try and hide this a bit better at some point.

My UCS Slave I. Signed by Jeremy Bulloch and now, the engines are lit with LED's!

Signed by the main man himself :)

My UCS Slave I. Signed by Jeremy Bulloch and now, the engines are lit with LED's!

Played around with the photo a bit as it was still light out when I took pictures...

Lastly, the back! I might try and fill the last 3 holes with either more LED's to make the bottom engines brighter but if I did 6 at the bottom I'd only have 8 for the top (there's currently 14).

Bonus pic - quick photo of just after I put them in. I pulled the curtain shut to try and get it a little darker but even then it was still quite light and they stand out ok. I need to change the 8x1 brick at the top for a flat 8x1 so it sits flush again, but other than that, and swapping trans-blue for trans-orange I've not amended the build.

Decided to light up the Slave I engines

I hope you guys enjoyed!

That signature definitely tops everything else  :wub:

22 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Awesome MOD! Would love to see you here in the SW forum more, hehe.

Cheers VaderFan :) I shall definitely try to pop my head in a little more often as I do love Star Wars! I just seem to spend most of the time around the Marvel/DC stuff due to that being my main focus!

13 hours ago, Jim said:

That signature definitely tops everything else  :wub:

I agree :blush: certainly makes it even more of a special set!