Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

Post Mill, Puerto Desafio, Isla de Victoria

Another property for Puerto Desafio: a post mill to grind grain into flour. This will be licensed as a small factory.

post_mill.jpg

When we first starting discussing the microbuild prizes from Challenge V, Captain Braunsfeld asked "you mean, like, no more than 8 pieces?" or something like that. So for this microbuild I decided to see if I could in fact make it with only 8 pieces. Alas, with the technic pin that holds on the sails, it uses 9 pieces. So close!

All C&C welcome!

You could have left out the cheese slope on the opposite- you don't see her either from this angle. 

So what else to say? I call this a perfect micro build because there's absolutely nothing you could have done better. It's instantly recognizable. Even the colourscheme is excellent in this scale.

Edited by Jacob Nion

Very cool micro build Capt Wolf, excellent idea for a micro factory, very original!

Really neat tiny micro Capt Wolf! :pir-grin:  I might have to take up this 8 pieces challenge myself! 

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:29 AM, Jacob Nion said:

You could have left out the cheese slope on the opposite- you don't see her either from this angle. 

So what else to say? I call this a perfect micro build because there's absolutely nothing you could have done better. It's instantly recognizable. Even the colourscheme is excellent in this scale.

Thank you very much! Looking back now, I could have left out the base. So technically the windmill itself is only 8 pieces.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:15 AM, Ayrlego said:

Very cool micro build Capt Wolf, excellent idea for a micro factory, very original!

Thanks! I think windmills are the forgotten factories for the BoBS time period.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:07 AM, Kai NRG said:

Really neat tiny micro Capt Wolf! :pir-grin:  I might have to take up this 8 pieces challenge myself! 

Thanks! And I'm definitely curious to see what you could do with the "8 piece challenge"! :pir-grin: