StangMan302

Lego Le mans prototype lmp1

I have built a custom Le mans lmp1 class racing car. this car would race in the 24 hours of Le mans, held every year in June.

Feel free to leave comments and feedback, would love to hear what you have to say. 

More pics on bricksafe here.

photo 2.JPG

Edited by StangMan302

Good that you take this type of car to build. I have to agree with Edwin, to be honest it has to get a lot more detailed to really be classified as a true scale model.

But there lies your opurtunity!

Edited by Bricksonwheels

On 7/4/2017 at 1:31 PM, Bricksonwheels said:

Good that you take this type of car to build. I have to agree with Edwin, to be honest it has to get a lot more detailed to really be classified as a true scale model.

But there lies your opurtunity!

That's the thing, he does not really want to change it, if I know him correctly, which I do. This should have been posted in model team.

Very nice to see the Le Mans prototypes getting some attention. They are amazing. Sadly your model doesn't really do them justice. The overall shape is too blocky  and rectangular, which makes the car look like coming from the early 90s. There are so many great pieces around these days (round slopes for example) which would really lift your car to another level.Take, for example, a look at the speed champions-theme for inspiration.

Also the car seems to be too long for its width. I would make it about 2 studs shorter.