My entry for round 4 of the Middle Earth LEGO Olympics, though I figured it fit quite well in Avalonia as well.   I really enjoyed experimenting more with Elvish architecture with this build, as well as the colors and patterns. One of my main goals was to include as many non-square elements as I could, like the gardens, fountain and rounded base, which I think ended up turning out quite well.
I’ll definitely be doing more elvish builds in the future, as it’s an incredibly fun style to build in and this ended up being one of my personal favorite builds of mine to date.

Credit for how to fill in the rowboats goes to Simon NH, and Marcel V. and Vitreolum for the harp and lute respectively.

overview-1.jpg

front.jpg

r.jpg

back-r.jpg

lback2.jpg

lside.jpg

chair.jpg

stairs.jpg

close-1.jpg

music.jpg

More pictures on Brickbuilt.
Thanks for looking, C&C appreciated :classic:

This is incredible.  I love the architecture.  The gazeebo is excellent.  The archways are fantastic.  The roofs and stairways are amazing cleverly done.  The fountain is awesome and the trees look great with the grey trunks.    I also love the way you integrated the horns into the furniture.  Great job

Stunning!!!! Really like your idea with non square elements! The colour scheme turned out great! The whole build blend so well togheter!!:wub:

Your elvish architecture is getting amazing, LJ! :drool: 

Of course, non-square elements are Always nice to see in a build, but this is just impressive. :thumbup: 

Another cool detail is the use of rowboats, the dark blue colour and their very intresting shape make for a very elvish atmosphere!

I would also like to remark that I like all your music instruments.

In short, this is as I would imagine an elvish city while reading Tolkien :wub: 

Ah! - great harp design, there, I'd missed that over on Flickr! :thumbup:  Excellent architecture and great elfish colorscheme as usual, LJ, and I'm liking the rowboats and dark grey trees in particular! :classic:  The stairs out front and those connecting the different buildings from the back are quite neat too!  Keep it up!

14 hours ago, zoth33 said:

This is incredible.  I love the architecture.  The gazeebo is excellent.  The archways are fantastic.  The roofs and stairways are amazing cleverly done.  The fountain is awesome and the trees look great with the grey trunks.    I also love the way you integrated the horns into the furniture.  Great job

Thank you, zoth! Glad you liked the dark grey tree trunks, I thought they fit the scene well too :classic:

10 hours ago, de Gothia said:

Stunning!!!! Really like your idea with non square elements! The colour scheme turned out great! The whole build blend so well togheter!!:wub:

Thanks a lot, dG! :sweet: It was fun playing around with some colors I don't get to use very much with this build.

7 hours ago, TitusV said:

Your elvish architecture is getting amazing, LJ! :drool: 

Of course, non-square elements are Always nice to see in a build, but this is just impressive. :thumbup: 

Another cool detail is the use of rowboats, the dark blue colour and their very intresting shape make for a very elvish atmosphere!

I would also like to remark that I like all your music instruments.

In short, this is as I would imagine an elvish city while reading Tolkien :wub: 

Thanks Titus! Elvish architecture is quickly becoming one of my favorite styles to build in. Glad you liked the instruments :classic:

33 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

Ah! - great harp design, there, I'd missed that over on Flickr! :thumbup:  Excellent architecture and great elfish colorscheme as usual, LJ, and I'm liking the rowboats and dark grey trees in particular! :classic:  The stairs out front and those connecting the different buildings from the back are quite neat too!  Keep it up!

Thanks Garm! It was a fun finally getting to use those rowboats we have :grin: And I agree, Marcel's harp design is excellent :thumbup:

Fantastic elven build LJ, the shape of the large building in particular with those boats on top is excellent!  Great job on the sand roofs of the pavilions too though, and the flowers, curved staircase, and the round cheese mosaic in the center between the stairs are some really cool details!

Great capture of the elegant elvish architecture we're used to from TLotR franchise!  I really like all the arches and general "lightness" of the structures and the color scheme is also a fun change from the usual. :thumbup:

Sweet build.

Looks very impressive, LJ! I particularly like all of the different types of columns you used in the different pavilions and buildings. Your cheese slope mosaics look good as always, and the layout, with all of the different angles (and curves) looks good, too. Like zoth33, I am a big fan of the trees in dark grey. My favorite detail, however, might be one of the smallest: the way you made your benches with 2x4 tiles and the horns. It is so simple, and so elegant! I will have to keep that one in mind and steal it for a later build of my own. 

Very lovely and elegant building. A formal reception hall for when the elves entertain the knights of Avalonia perhaps?

my my.. this is beautiful! :drool: there's nothing I don't like about it, yet the stairs steal the scene - impressive :oh:

newbie question: tho others have mentioned 'non-square' elements - what are they referring to exactly?

as for the colours, I se that your experiment with dark blue + white turned out wonderfully! speaking of which, see my comment in your Katoren Monastery post? scratch that. here I have my lesson on dark blue: I need to use more of it :tongue:

This is fantastic work, you've excellently captured the Art Nouveau/Craftsman architectural style of Peter Jackson's elves, and I love that you used colors that were more "summery" to fit the elves at their prime in Middle Earth.

You parts usage is absolutely fantastic, especially the boats in the roof and all the subtle details in the gazebos. The furniture and instruments are also very clever.  An all-around great build.

Another fantastic creation from you, such lovely design and colors. Well done capturing a distinctively Elven feel. The stairs, off-angle buildings and gardens are real eye-catchers too. I think the star of the show is that lovely dk. blue/white roof. Great colors and patterns, it really pops!

A small nitpick, but I would have loved to see you continue the base as a circle or oval. I think it would have highlighted even more the non-square aspects of this build. But that's small fries for this lovely build.

Very nice Elven city, LJ!

The color scheme and architecture are strikingly Elven, giving a mystical and majestic appearance!  The use of cheese slopes and the many column techniques are very nice.  A fountain and gardens with trees make an excellent addition to the Elven structures.
The instruments are lovely, especially that harp!  All of the figure combinations are great as well.

This has to be one of my favorites from you, every aspect is superbly built and fits well into the overall scene. Tremendous colors, textures, and patterns :wub:

Too bad we couldn't keep it together longer :cry_sad:

One of the most beautiful builds i've ever seen! Love those color combinations, and shapes, and the whole MOC is so well put together!