Tortuga was just founded, but the news of the return of notorious Pirate Captain Morgan, made the newly settlement booming.

Taverns popped up like well erm like Sea Rats when smelling gold.

Anyway, Captain Morgan made it a task of honour to visit every new tavern in the town.

One of these new taverns is the "Roaring Lion".

35656406225_9073a1d6c3_c.jpg

When the drunk pirates saw it was Captain Morgan who entered the pub, they started cheering.

35487562782_3dbcb1b29a_c.jpg

"Long live Captain Morgan" they said "Our enemies will flee for us once again!"

"Hooray! Hooray!"

"To Captain Morgan, to a new chance!" a hooded guy in the corner said...

35269121610_10c67b7336_c.jpg

"To a new chance of richdom indeed", Captain Morgan replied

"Feel free to sit here, Captain, I am exptected somewhere else", and so the hooded guy left the tavern

34815247414_720f63c1a0_c.jpg

----

Back on his vessel, sailing towards the Purple Reign who had layed anchor a few miles outside Tortuga, Commodore Matt Lenoir rethought the evening. It was without any doubt the guy he sent to the depths of the ocean, so the rumours are true. 

Well, now he has a new chance to capture the dreadfull Captain Morgan...

---

OOC: I bought the parts of Captain Morgan as I hoped to do something with the MRCA outcome myself, but well, I was busy with other things and forgot to talk this through with him. So I am very happy he resurrected his character as I have a use again for those parts :p

It is a very nice idea to put Tortuga on such an important location, even if the island isn't theirs, so I am curious how things will turn out once another faction claims the island as a price of a future challenge.

But in the meantime, let's have fun with Tortuga! I am not going to licence this tavern myself, maybe I'll donate it to a Sea Rat :)

49 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

It is a very nice idea to put Tortuga on such an important location, even if the island isn't theirs, so I am curious how things will turn out once another faction claims the island as a price of a future challenge.

I was under the impression that each faction was getting to claim an island as a result of challenge V, it's just that ESL knew which island they were getting if they won. :wink: Isn't that why Corrington recently claimed an island? But now I can't seem to find that in the challenge results. Maybe I'm remembering a discussion about possible prizes before the challenge was begun, I don't know. @Garmadon would likely know best. But, that said, the story of the claiming and the subsequent builds are too good to deny. I can't think of something better for BoBS than Captain Morgan alive and running Tortuga.

I forgot to comment on the MOC. I really like the tavern. The muskets on the wall are a great touch, and you have a good mix of pieces and different grays to make the walls. The hooded, hidden Commodore Lenoir is also nicely done. And I like the idea of the story, that Lenoir had to see for himself that Morgan had survived. Very cool. :thumbup:

52 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

I was under the impression that each faction was getting to claim an island as a result of challenge V, it's just that ESL knew which island they were getting if they won. :wink: Isn't that why Corrington recently claimed an island? But now I can't seem to find that in the challenge results. Maybe I'm remembering a discussion about possible prizes before the challenge was begun, I don't know. @Garmadon would likely know best. But, that said, the story of the claiming and the subsequent builds are too good to deny. I can't think of something better for BoBS than Captain Morgan alive and running Tortuga.

Actually, only one island claim was available as a prize, which Ayrlego won in the name of Corrington.

As soon as he decided "to keep his boots on" there was no open claim left. 

And about the legitimation of Tortuga: there is none because none is needed. It is a squatter colony on neutral, unclaimed land. Aye, as soon as the next challenge will earn some faction a legal island claim it is free to claim this very island. As long as it is prepared for months of exhausting military action about a ridiculous small spot of rock and sand. 

@Maxim I As always I appreciate your enthusiasm playing the inspector Javert to my Valjean, but I prefer being asked before like any other. And especially in settlements that state Sea Rats only. both for properties and free builds.  

Edited by Jacob Nion

Just now, Jacob Nion said:

And about the legitimation of Tortuga: there is none because none is needed. It is a squatter colony on neutral, unclaimed land. Aye, as soon as the next challenge will earn some faction a legal island claim it is free to claim this very island. As long as it is prepared for months of exhausting military action about a ridiculous small spot of rock and sand.

Jacob, thanks for clarifying. :thumbup:   I think the squatter rules are still fuzzy to some of us, but this makes sense to me.

7 hours ago, Jacob Nion said:

@Maxim I As always I appreciate your enthusiasm playing the inspector Javert to my Valjean, but I prefer being asked before like any other. And especially in settlements that state Sea Rats only. both for properties and free builds.  

That's why I am it will be not me who can licence it...

I thought it would be a friendly "welcome back" build after what happened at the battle of 5 fleets... And as your character is not doing sth that change its own story or the story of someone else, I wasn't sure if I had to ask it. (My characters are being used all the time by other players and as long as it follows the lore, that's fine with me).

So my apologies for not asking you first, next time I will do for sure...

1 hour ago, Maxim I said:

That's why I am it will be not me who can licence it...

I thought it would be a friendly "welcome back" build after what happened at the battle of 5 fleets... And as your character is not doing sth that change its own story or the story of someone else, I wasn't sure if I had to ask it. (My characters are being used all the time by other players and as long as it follows the lore, that's fine with me).

So my apologies for not asking you first, next time I will do for sure...

Nevermind, Maxim. It's not spoiling anything. I'll build a small response soon.

But you need to update that hairpiece- it's so 2016.