800x600.jpg

I think it looks fine now.

Will try to put the small panel upside down, but I'm not sure that it would look better. 

As others have already chimed in, this is a great build.  Also love the movie.  The setting of work bench, car lifts, etc. is very creative.  Love it.

I agree the model benefits from the improvements you made. The more I look at it, the more I like it. In my opinion, the somewhat sparse white panels and black parts filling the gaps between them, are the exact match for a true Technic model (as opposed to a true scale model). I'd say: Don't change a thing, it's perfect :thumbup:!

I'm afraid if you are any improvement, there may be nothing left to invent in the segment :laugh:.

After seeing these pictures, I'm also bigger fan of the new front.

Can't wait for the instructions, at the moment I must say that this is the prettiest LEGO supercar I have yet to see. Astonishing bodywork and lines while still looking simple (eg. the body not being a mess of connectors and flex, which I often think some MOCs tend to be, no offense).

Amazing work :classic:

I think You nailed it to perfection (sure there is always 1% to be find). :thumbup: :thumbup:  Awesome curves, on pair with Madoca's Icarus.

Maybe I would add 1L beam (available now in white) to the front bumper to connect the front grill area with the small panels, or similar solution.

Thanks you guys !

13 minutes ago, agrof said:

Maybe I would add 1L beam (available now in white) to the front bumper to connect the front grill area with the small panels, or similar solution.

I already tried, but it looks a bit too long : 

800x600.jpg

I like the longer grille piece! I would totally build this if I had the parts. Maybe you could move the lights a stud up?

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

This looks absolutely awesome! The front, the back, the proportions, the paneling is elegant, the color scheme is also nine.
And to say some critique too: the proportions suggest a front-engine chassis, not really a mid engine one...

Wow... Truely speechless. The aggressive styling, low bodywork and creative solutions for a difficult supercar. You nailed it man! ???

Thanks you ! 

10 hours ago, Lipko said:

And to say some critique too: the proportions suggest a front-engine chassis, not really a mid engine one...

Yeah, that's true. But, you know, this is not a real car so there is no real rule on how to do it.

12 hours ago, Charbel said:

Thanks you ! 

Yeah, that's true. But, you know, this is not a real car so there is no real rule on how to do it.

You got it man.do your own thing!

Honestly one of the best supercars I've ever seen. Great work! I was just curious is there any chance you can share more photos of the chassis: preferably of the front and rear axle? As well a picture of the top of the car to get a better grasp of the design? It would be much appreciated. Once again, great supercar!!

Edited by D4Man

18 hours ago, D4Man said:

Honestly one of the best supercars I've ever seen. Great work! I was just curious is there any chance you can share more photos of the chassis: preferably of the front and rear axle? As well a picture of the top of the car to get a better grasp of the design? It would be much appreciated. Once again, great supercar!!

Thank you ! I have dissembled the car in small blocks before going to holidays so I can start instructions when I come back. If you want to see the chassis and the front suspension (which is similar to the 42039), I have all of the pictures I took while building the car : https://www.flickr.com/gp/143412814@N02/v48559

Awesome work again! Cleanest design, nice shifting mechanism, not one expendable part used :thumbup:. The black/white combo allows you to hide big gaps and you did it masterfully. This is not critics - but after the LM racer and Volcano you probably may look for a challenge in some other colors with your next one :wink: ?

11 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

This is not critics - but after the LM racer and Volcano you probably may look for a challenge in some other colors with your next one :wink: ?

Thanks ! I would love to do my 720s in orange but we are still missing the #5 and #6 panels in this color. So, unless these panel are released in the 1H2018 sets, I will stay with my regular white-black combo. :sceptic:

Nice work! I like your Porsche 919.How about your instruction going?I am really looking forward to making one.

Thanks @zhaolei520 ! I'm out for holidays for a month so I will start them when I come back. Hope to finish them before school starts tho. 

The gearbox is a work of art. Amazing model, really do like this one. Looks amazing in white /black with the grey underchassis. Great work.

Nice looking car..!

I did a gearbox based on a similar principle a few years ago(built entirely different of course)... One problem was that because there was play in the driving rings, it was possible to engage 2 gears at the same time... As long as the user shifted it properly, there wasn't an issue, but it still existed.. I had since added a white clutch gear as a safety net..

Thank you guys ! 

On 25/07/2017 at 5:11 PM, Paul Boratko said:

Nice looking car..!

I did a gearbox based on a similar principle a few years ago(built entirely different of course)... One problem was that because there was play in the driving rings, it was possible to engage 2 gears at the same time... As long as the user shifted it properly, there wasn't an issue, but it still existed.. I had since added a white clutch gear as a safety net..

Yup, this car have the same problem. I think there is no real solution, even though I tried to reduce the play. I didn't add a clutch tho, every one will most likely notice if there is a double engagement.