Hi everybody !

34808144344_9c8fa2a916_b.jpg

So, this is the MOC I have been working on since September. It's a supercar inspired by the Aston Martin Vulcan and the Icona Vulcano. My goal was to actually have a clean and solid build. 

Functions :

- Openable front and back hood and doors 

- Direction controlled by a HOG or by the steering wheel 

- Front and rear suspension 

- 4 speed gearbox with an H6 fake engine 

1280x720.jpg

35649473745_1384ac3e2d_b.jpg

Design :

The car is mostly inspired by the Icona Vulcano in the front and the Vulcan in the rear. The spoiler attachement and the exhaust are inspired from the P1 GTR.

35609829246_b8a3bfbe39_b.jpg

35609828306_f231e68f54_b.jpg

35609826866_1e41d59edd_b.jpg

35609823126_e3d52cf1b8_b.jpg

Full flickr gallery : https://www.flickr.com/photos/143412814@N02/albums/72157682940493853

Great work, I love the aggressive styling,  intricate details and a very clever gearbox and shifting mechanism. Your video work though is on another level, how you go through the details in LDD and show the functionality is just genius, well done! :thumbup:

Wow*huh* This is on another level! Very good bodywork! HoF worthy! The video is spectacular! P.S. I noticed the F40:laugh:

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

Work of art! :wub:

The bodywork reminds me of the Predator by Nathaniël Kuipers, the paneling is just exquisite. The chairs look a bit uncomfy, but that is really just nitpicking. This is a truly inspirational car :thumbup:

I really like the shape of the hood and the rest spoiler and trunk area. Really nice transitions in the shape of the body.

I just watched the video, great work with the editing. I could make some minor suggestions for the 3D renders though I believe you are using Blender as your modeling/ rendering software. I would suggest in the future using a newer version of the Ldraw importer plugin for the Cycles rendering engine, as it appears through the current method you are using, the parts are not using smooth shading, this can be easily set to change the shading to smooth. The newer version will also include a PBR materials, with these you can use HDRI environmental images to create more realistic reflections. Otherwise the animations are great, as I know it can be very frustrating to do something that seems a very simple motion in real life can be a challenge to replicate in a 3D software. I am glad to see more people using Blender as a tool to create animations for Lego models, as the results can be helpful to explain complex parts under greater detail. :thumbup:

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

I like it a lot. It does look a little odd with the front end sitting up higher than the back. Unless that was your goal. The gearbox style reminds me of the crowkillers assassin.

Great MOC.

... but, somehow that area around (up from) front light should be improved, by my opinion.

Wow, awesome build. I love the somewhat rough panelling, which is emphasized by the black and white contrast. It adds character. The front fenders are immense, but fit it's chatacter well, imo. The gearbox is also very cool. Well done!

Imo the whole build has much resemblance with Crowkillers style.

Looks amazing in the end perspective :wub:, but I am not sold on the wheel arches on the hood. Maybe if the panels would be less angled, than it would look more homogen.

While we focus on the models here, I must mention: I admire all the work and quality what was put in the video and editing. You have definitely talent for right settings and spots, also patience to put a concept together. I think You should consider movie / video creating as future profession.

Thank you guys !

I rebuild the front after seeing some comments : 

800x600.jpg

What do you think ? I don't know what to chose, they do both look good to me. 

On 02/07/2017 at 4:46 AM, Tommy Styrvoky said:

I just watched the video, great work with the editing. I could make some minor suggestions for the 3D renders though I believe you are using Blender as your modeling/ rendering software. I would suggest in the future using a newer version of the Ldraw importer plugin for the Cycles rendering engine, as it appears through the current method you are using, the parts are not using smooth shading, this can be easily set to change the shading to smooth. The newer version will also include a PBR materials, with these you can use HDRI environmental images to create more realistic reflections. Otherwise the animations are great, as I know it can be very frustrating to do something that seems a very simple motion in real life can be a challenge to replicate in a 3D software. I am glad to see more people using Blender as a tool to create animations for Lego models, as the results can be helpful to explain complex parts under greater detail. :thumbup:

Man, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much ! Right now I was using LeoCAD to convert from LDraw to .obj.

On 01/07/2017 at 11:17 PM, Jeroen Ottens said:

The bodywork reminds me of the Predator by Nathaniël Kuipers, the paneling is just exquisite. 

Thanks man. You got it right, the Predator is my favorite Lego supercar

Edited by Charbel

It looks absolutely incredible, I like both versions of the front.

Are there any chance of instructions for this beauty :) ?

Wonderfull build! I think I like the second version of front end a little better that original, but both versions are phenomenal:wub:

1 hour ago, jensbrix said:

Are there any chance of instructions for this beauty :) ?

Yes, I will do instructions (like the one I did for the Porsche 919)

i think I will stay with the second version, I'm starting to like it more.

It is better, that front side part, espacially, but this triangle, especiaaly form this point, doesn't look good

volcano.PNG

there's something missing. Maybe try to fill it with bigger lights. 

Don't take it personally or something like this, it is just my view.

Just noticed, wouldn't be better to put those 2x5 panels upsdie down at the front spoiler, on the sides.

And even get rid somehow of that 5l liftarm, or move it deeper.