Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The shipwreck bay is a small portion of rockier coastline on the nothern shore of Sea Turtle Island. Many an unfortunate ship ran aground, not seeingthe deadly riff by flow. The falling tide reveals what's left of the once proud vessels. Nonetheless the Sea Rats found good use for them, refitting some of the shipwrecks for hideouts.

 

35469270012_c8ff06c1c3_b.jpgShipwreck Bay by Jacob Nion, auf Flickr

 

35506974981_93bf5da3a9_b.jpgShipwreck Bay by Jacob Nion, auf Flickr

 

This will be licenced as a medium fort in Tortuga

Edited by Jacob Nion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are doing some fantastic work Jacob! The shipwreck is stunning, and the rock work is excellent! :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonderful! I love the wreckage, and the ratty attitude to finding uses for things that regular people abandon. Good use of resources that does not weigh down the investment portfolio.

If you should ever need to buy upgrades, you are welcome to visit Puerto Desafio. As long as you follow Eslandolan law for the duration of your stay. What you do on your own time is no concern of mine, as long as we are on the same page. When I think about it, the Sea Rats and Eslandola have much of the same values. Freedom and opportunities.

In lieu of recent developments I see no hinders for strengthening our relationship. Eslandolaons also have the need for recreational vacations, and I believe you may be able to provide just that, for the right price of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah! - beautiful! :wub: :drool:  We have so not seen enough of these in BoBS - absolutely wonderful execution here, mate, perfect use of those large arches there!  And very pirate-y idea to reuse it as a fort.  Keep it up! :pir-sweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice build, Jacob. Really, this trumps most of the forts people have made in terms of creativity. All around, I like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaaaaand this is how "Silent Mary" should have looked like!!! You have brought shipwrecking into a whole new level with that build!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this!  Great concept, and wonderful job with the hole ridden shipwreck!  Must say that it doesn't look like it would stand up to much of a bombing, but it must take the cake as one of the coolest and most creative forts of the brick seas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impressive build! The rock and the shipwreck are both ingeniously built. The custom guns are great too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magnificent wrecked ship !

exactly what we expect from pirate to build as a fort !

Excellent job !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet work Jacob! Easily one of the top shipwreck MOCs I've ever seen. You did a fantastic job creating the smashed deck and hull. I love that this wreck is being used as a small fortification. I'm sure that caught a few merchant vessels by surprise! Lovely stuff as always my friend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicely executed destroyed look man... Great one :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is definitely the most creative fort we have seen so far - what a fantastic creation, and so fitting for the Sea Rats.

The best thing is your genuinely brilliant execution, though. That must have been a pain to build, I assume?

Absolutely stunning, amazing, fantastic, outstanding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really cool MOC. Like how it is being used the remains of the ship are being used as a hideout. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2017 at 2:10 AM, Professor Thaum said:

That's a really great wreck ! And so a great fort !

 

Really beautiful !

 

Thank you Thaum!

On 7/1/2017 at 2:46 AM, Capt Wolf said:

You are doing some fantastic work Jacob! The shipwreck is stunning, and the rock work is excellent! :thumbup:

Thank you very much!

On 7/1/2017 at 2:56 AM, Sir Stig said:

Wonderful! I love the wreckage, and the ratty attitude to finding uses for things that regular people abandon. Good use of resources that does not weigh down the investment portfolio.

If you should ever need to buy upgrades, you are welcome to visit Puerto Desafio. As long as you follow Eslandolan law for the duration of your stay. What you do on your own time is no concern of mine, as long as we are on the same page. When I think about it, the Sea Rats and Eslandola have much of the same values. Freedom and opportunities.

In lieu of recent developments I see no hinders for strengthening our relationship. Eslandolaons also have the need for recreational vacations, and I believe you may be able to provide just that, for the right price of course.

Harr harr. Aye, I will strengthen our connections, be sure about that.

But I think Sea Rats will stick to their own rules.

On 7/1/2017 at 4:03 AM, Garmadon said:

Ah! - beautiful! :wub: :drool:  We have so not seen enough of these in BoBS - absolutely wonderful execution here, mate, perfect use of those large arches there!  And very pirate-y idea to reuse it as a fort.  Keep it up! :pir-sweet:

Thanks Garm! In fact I had this idea in mind for a long time now. And since I wasn't able to come up with an interesting idea for the Tortuga fort I decided to use it here. Perhaps I will reuse the shipwreck some day at a higher scale and more detailed. Maybe for a large fortress.

On 7/1/2017 at 6:56 AM, Mesabi said:

Very nice build, Jacob. Really, this trumps most of the forts people have made in terms of creativity. All around, I like it.

Thanks! Great you like it.

On 7/1/2017 at 0:19 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Aaaaaand this is how "Silent Mary" should have looked like!!! You have brought shipwrecking into a whole new level with that build!!!

Thanks for that! Funny that you mention it; while building I was surprised how well this simple colour scheme works for a wrecked ship. I can only recommend it to people attempting to build their own Silent Mary, or wish to modify the set.

On 7/1/2017 at 4:05 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Beautiful build - and a great idea to use it as a fort!

 

Thanks captain!

On 7/1/2017 at 4:21 PM, Kai NRG said:

Love this!  Great concept, and wonderful job with the hole ridden shipwreck!  Must say that it doesn't look like it would stand up to much of a bombing, but it must take the cake as one of the coolest and most creative forts of the brick seas!

Haha, thanks you! Aye, it's maybe a bit fragile. But as always, pirates win their battles by fanciness rather than strength.

On 7/3/2017 at 2:35 AM, Bodi said:

Impressive build! The rock and the shipwreck are both ingeniously built. The custom guns are great too!

Thank you!

On 7/4/2017 at 1:29 PM, Faladrin said:

Magnificent wrecked ship !

exactly what we expect from pirate to build as a fort !

Excellent job !

Thanks! Aye, I found it important to have something piratey instead of another standard fort.

On 7/6/2017 at 10:57 AM, Delusion Brick said:

I LOVE IT perfect details! 

 

On 7/6/2017 at 6:11 PM, Lord Buckethead said:

This build is perfect, the details are amazing.

 

On 7/7/2017 at 10:17 PM, narbilu said:

Awesome build Jacob

Thank you all very much!

On 7/7/2017 at 11:21 PM, MassEditor said:

Sweet work Jacob! Easily one of the top shipwreck MOCs I've ever seen. You did a fantastic job creating the smashed deck and hull. I love that this wreck is being used as a small fortification. I'm sure that caught a few merchant vessels by surprise! Lovely stuff as always my friend!

Thanks Patrick! 

On 7/8/2017 at 10:03 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Absolutely stunning!

Gorgeous MOC! :wub:

 

On 7/9/2017 at 9:42 PM, Gunman said:

Nicely executed destroyed look man... Great one :wub:

Thank you two!

13 hours ago, Elostirion said:

This is definitely the most creative fort we have seen so far - what a fantastic creation, and so fitting for the Sea Rats.

The best thing is your genuinely brilliant execution, though. That must have been a pain to build, I assume?

Absolutely stunning, amazing, fantastic, outstanding!

Thank you very much for all of the absolutes :pir-grin:

It wasn't that hard of a build. In fact it was the work of one evening. Once I had place the stem the rest was assembled quickly. I just added enough planks to give it a reasonable shape. Honestly it's easier than building a complete ship, since I can leave out any complex area where one would normally struggle to build a curved shape.

5 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

Really cool MOC. Like how it is being used the remains of the ship are being used as a hideout. 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am remiss on commenting on thus awesome build. Though you say itwas way to build, the concept is definitely not one everyone would think of. You definitely gave the build the shape needed and the appropriate look for a dilapidated ship. The clear white bricks created a really nice effect of the water running up on land. Of course the rockwork is great too. Keep up the great work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is stunning! I like the water features though I would use snot water and than the clear peices closer to the rocks like it was creating a wave like look. But other than that great work! :pir_tong2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.