Sign in to follow this  
Jacob Nion

[SR-FB 10] Sea Turtles Part I

Previously:

The Lady Arlene

New Allegiance

Welcome To The Crew

The Death Of Captain Morgan

The voice of the surge commanded Captain Morgan back to the living. Slowly he moved his hand, feeling the sand between his fingers. He rose his head and squinted around. It took him a moment to remember. His ship was gone. His crew dead. But he was alive. When the Queen Annetta's Revenge had vanished beneath the waves, the wake had pulled him underwater. In the dark abyss he had awaited Poseidon. But suddenlysomething rushed by in front of him. Something that felt like a rock, but it welled up. Or was up down and it was sinking? Unable to think he pulled his knife and stabbed it into this thing.

He could not remember how long he had drifted on the ocean, partially on the surface, then again diving and swallowing  the salt of the sea. 

35250602190_559e587870_b.jpgSea Turtles by Jacob Nion, auf Flickr

Now he saw his floating rock; it was a sea turtle. The knife was still sticking in its shell.

35598108886_c9ca48b506_b.jpgSea Turtles by Jacob Nion, auf Flickr

Morgan stood up. He was marooned on a small pieca of rock and sand. A forest of coconuts grew on the inner land. He recognized this island and its location. 

After founding a small pool of fresh water, he began collecting driftwood and lut up a signal fire. It was likely that sails would appear on the horizon regularly. The question was, which colours they would bear. After one day he finally noticed a ship. It took an hour until it was close enough to reveal its allegiance. The flag was blue and yellow. From now on, Benjamin Morgan knew he was saved. And more; he had a plan.

35469246902_1a3e14531f_b.jpgSea Turtles by Jacob Nion, auf Flickr

A-ha! He lives!

Wonderful job building that turtle! Good job with the fire, too. An excellent little MOC for the story. :thumbup:

Wow that turtle!  Excellent parts usage there, and a great build all around! :wink:  Those tan pizza slices work very well in the sand too, I'll have to remember that if I ever get my hands on any! :thumbup:

And ha! - I knew a little water couldn't kill the famous infamous Captain Morgan! :laugh: :pir-grin:

Fantastic turtle indeed and a lovely beach! I knew he was alive!!! For once I thought that this ship sported a blue-white flag. :tongue: Oh, nvm. Next time then !!!! :grin:

I knew it! :pir-grin:  Super creative turtle, looks great.  Good job on the rest of the vig too! :thumbup:   The brushwood fire also is spot on.

Great, he has survived the shipwreck. The turtle is brilliant!