Holodoc

This is the end ... of Exo-Force

Hmmm...Exo-Force has cool parts and cool minifig torsos, though I didn't think much of the heads or hairpieces. I can see why no one would want to buy 2007 Exo-Force. They look like anorexic BIONICLE bugs. The 2008 lineup is okay, though. Better than the original, but I haven't looked at either very closely.

Oh, sir, happy news indeed! *wub*

Really, I didn't like EF, but it introduced some interesting faces and hair! *y*

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

On the good side, at least i don't have to pick between E-F and town anymore :(

On the bad side, i liked the theme and i'm utter crap when it comes to MOCing mecha...

Edited by maiq the liar

Yeah, I saw this on BZP just after someone posted it in the official Exo-Force topic over there. I really have only one thing to say:

:'-( .... *sing*

Oh well, at least we had three years, and at least they were a lot better than the three bad Knights Kingdom years.... *y*

And who knows, maybe in a few years TLC can make a new futuristic high-tech based line that combines the great elements of Exo-force with a better story and a different foe. I think they just need some time to work out a new angle. :-)

But until that hypothetical event happens, IF it does, so long Exo-Force..... :-(

Well, why would someone buy the 2007 sets when they were designed horribly? Why should they be surprised that 2007 didn't sell well if they were basically piles of crap in a box? This year's sets are great and the whole theme has a lot of potential. Oh well, bring us Romans, Greeks or Pirates then please.

Actually, I liked all the January kits at least somewhat, as well as some of the summer kits. True, the 2007 line wasn't as good as 2006 or 2008, but there were some genuinely great kits in there (Claw Crusher, Golden Tower, and of course, Golden Guardian *wub* ). I can see how many would dislike the Sky Guardian, Areo Booster, and Mobile Devastator, and even I hated Crap - I mean, Combat Crawler ( :-P ), but I can't see how anyone could hate Golden Guardian (I remember that you yourself gave it a favorable rating in a review.). ;-)

With so many useless parts (at least for the way I build),

Totally agree with that, considering that you're more into peaceful themes. Yeah, exo-force never was good for Town, Train, or History builders, but for Space and Mecha builders, it had a TON of great parts in so many colors that they nearly made my eyes burst... *sweet*

Hmmmh

Well, the only thing I liked about EF really was the Robots side of things. all the Humans with funny hair and all the same faces were kinda boring once I had 1 of each character. So by that I was already only buying about half the line.

At least the theme gave us some new parts, which will hopefully show up elsewhere?

I hope they dont destroy the Drone minifig molds tho... I liked them, but being so theme specific its kinda hard to see them surviving elsewhere, maybe as androids in MM?

guess I'll have to break down and get the Dark Panther, 3 drones in one set, possibly my last...

I was largely indifferent to Exo-Force, but could see it had a lot of appeal and agreed with many that the 2008 sets were a lot better looking than the 2007 range. It does seem a bit like Lego may be shooting itself in the foot if the 2008 line does really well. I guess in a company that size with marketing/ sales people breathing down the neck of the design departments its hard to make the argument that improved design = increased sales down the line.

I'm sure TLC has done the numbers though and would prefer to reallocate design/ production resources elsewhere. (Hoping for another Bionicle miracle, probably.) But can it really be profitable to introduce a new line every year or two and then dump it? Sometimes it seems by the time the sets hit the shelves the decision has been already made to abandon the line, eg Aqua Raiders. If I was a parent or kid buying these sets without detailed knowledge of TLC's intentions, I'd be probably be surprised and disappointed if a line I was collecting just vanished.

I never got into Exo-Force. It came out after I stopped buying a lot of Legos, and I never got into the whole Magna feel to it. Still, it is always sad to see a theme end.

Let me say this, I couldn't care less !! In fact I'm happy because now that this line is gone, there is a spot for a new line. Lets just hope its better than the agents one :-D and its not Mecha oriented (would be good for my wallet after SW, Indy, Castle, & city :-P )

My condoleances to EF fans and especially to Kim :-P

*yoda*

Oh well... I got all of the mechs I wanted for the most part. Just missing the Hybrid tank. It is sad to see a good theme go anyway though. I thought that it had a lot of potential for inspiration and MoCist. I really hope that another good theme replaces this one. Also, just as a second thought... Would it be possible, if sales jump for the year of 2008, could there be a 2009 for EXO-force? ...or is that stretching it?

Would it be possible, if sales jump for the year of 2008, could there be a 2009 for EXO-force? ...or is that stretching it?

Anything is possible with lego, i doubt it but you really never know. I'm crossing all my fingers that it dosen't ever come back though X-D

I'm crossing all my fingers that it dosen't ever come back though X-D

As am I.

EDIT: I just remembered, NOW you can panic!

Edited by Lt. Veers

I am not really a fan of EF but i did get to build one set and thought it was ok. The mech was a bit fragile though :-D . Still 3 years for a lego theme is not to bad is it? :-)

I bought most of the original 2006 line at half-off, and was impressed by the high parts to price ratio and original designs. As others have said, however, some 2007 sets had fewer pieces than they ought to have contained, and the design/color choices were not as slick as in the first wave (Just compare a beautiful Striking Venom to a :-X Combat Crawler X2). I'm not surprised that sales sputtered, since my local Lego store is glutted with clearanced 2007 EF.

My opinion of this cancellation really depends on what theme replaces EF. If Agents is the replacement (please, TLC, let it not be!), then I think that Lego is substituting a sure-fire failure in place of an established line that was starting to turn the corner, at least from a design standpoint, with the parts-rich and appealing Deep Jungle sets of this year.

If, on the other hand, TLC launches a new, well-designed space theme that can appeal to kids as well as AFOLs in place of Exo-Force, then Sensei Keiken, Meca One, Takeshi, Ryo, Ha-ya-to and the rest were sacrificed for a good cause.

Aww, I was really looking forward to what was in store for bigger sets this year. I anticipated a large jungle cutter for the robots, but I guess that dream will never come true :'-( But really, there was just something about the 07 line I didn't like, but I can't put my finger on it. Also, it really didn't match up to the 06 line in form and function.

R.I.P. Exo-Force: I hate to see you leave, but I love watching you go.

-Chuck

What! No more Robots? They were really the only reason that I bought Exo-force, the humans with the funny hair was a bit too much for me. :-X

As said earlier... Condolances to all EF fans

Whatt? I may be a Castler and Bionicle....erm... -er, but I liked Exo-Force too, and was just beginning to genuinely like this year's line. So the bottom line is...

Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Eid, Diwali, Festivus, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, St.Patrick's day, Halloween, birthdays, and possibly Viking-Force are cancelled.

This might upset some but i'm happy to see it go..... Sorry just my opinion.

I agree 100% *sweet*

Also, like Hinkley said, it was basically crap in a box.

These were very poorly designed sets, which only needed me to take one look at them and say:

"Nope...nah ah...not going to happen."

Please make some more castle and city stuff...please TLC! X-O

Well... after having a decent line for two years ('07 doesn't exist in my book), This is a good retirement for a good line. Maybe it could have lasted for another year, but I'm glad it just didn't dissapear like Aquaraiders and Dino Attack.

Will

Meh, I liked the faces and hair, But it just didn't have that winning feel to it.

Keiken was a good fig though, and so were the robots. |-/ OK theme but Oh well, It's dead.

*skull* Now Hikaru will be extinct like the other dudes in space/mecha forums pic.

*sad* Bye Exo-Force, Nice building with ya. *sad*

Edited by kill will

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! >:-(

I LOVED EXO FORCE! I am currently working on a Sentai Mountain Moc including all three genres, I liked EVERYTHING about ALL of Exo-Force! I am REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, sorry to see it go, :'-) I better hustle to finish my collection before they go to Ebay for 5X the price! :-|

Meh. Bye I guess. It was okay. As long as they don't get ridi of the joint pieces. Still, something robot-y should be made. I say a modern Robomasters.