legolijntje

I'm looking for someone with the SDCC BrickHeadz

As the title says, I'm looking for someone who has the exclusive SDCC BrickHeadz. And I don't mean stored away MISB to sell at some point, but I mean actually built (for what they are meant).
Why? Well, I'm a collector of the Brickheadz series, but no-way I'm going to spent thousand(s) of dollars to get all these exclusive brickheadz. On a sidenote, I think it's a stupid decision from Lego to make so many SDCC exclusive Brickheadz. Brickheadz is a really collectible-oriented theme and a few exclusive ones is not a problem, but now there are already as much exclusives as there are standard Brickheadz :hmpf_bad:

Anyway, back on topic. As I said, buying the original ones is not an option for me. So, I'd like to Bricklink the parts. And for the printed pieces, I want to try to make some custom stickers. And here's where I need the help of someone with the set(s). Someone at the LDraw forums has been making vector images of the normal Brickheadz prints. And he's fine with making some vector copies of the SDCC prints too, he just needs some scans or photo's of the part.

So, if you have these sets or if you know someone with the sets, please let me know :classic:
Thanks!

Btw, I wasn't sure if I had to post this in Licensed or in Special Themes

I have the Cap & Tony set. Here is a photo of all the printed pieces from that set:

28683714194_6b64476672_z.jpg
DSC_1793 by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Let me know if this works for you. I'll post again if I manage to get any of the sets this year.

It is very strange/annoying/stupid/infuriating that Lego would make a product exclusive for no reason when it could easily fit into the existing brickheads line. :hmpf_bad:

12 hours ago, scoiltreasa said:

I have this very same problem. I'll keep an eye on this!

I'll post it here if I have anything to share. If I have something usable, I'm certainly not keeping it to myself :classic:

8 hours ago, Oky said:

I have the Cap & Tony set. Here is a photo of all the printed pieces from that set:

28683714194_6b64476672_z.jpg
DSC_1793 by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Let me know if this works for you. I'll post again if I manage to get any of the sets this year.

Thanks Oky! I'm pretty sure that will be sufficient to make some digital versions.

Maybe a bit off-topic, but do the instructions have a parts list in the back? If so, could you post some images of those too? That way I can save the element-ids for the printed parts in the Rebrickable database; makes it  just a bit more complete :wink:

26 minutes ago, legolijntje said:

Maybe a bit off-topic, but do the instructions have a parts list in the back? If so, could you post some images of those too? That way I can save the element-ids for the printed parts in the Rebrickable database; makes it  just a bit more complete :wink:

Odd, you'd think there'd be scans of the instructions online somewhere already, but apparently not. Here you go:

Scan0001.thumb.jpg.475175678f62cab3b059f050c9e21827.jpgScan0002.thumb.jpg.2ef5dc187f2b0cf948350e4fd3d7ce51.jpg

9 minutes ago, Oky said:

Odd, you'd think there'd be scans of the instructions online somewhere already, but apparently not. Here you go:

[...]

Yeah, I expected scans somewhere too, but after extensive googling, I had to came to the conclusion nobody made any scans. Many thanks! :classic:

It will probably take me a while before I can make scans of the parts and instructions, but I do have the Superman & Wonder Woman set. Be advised that Superman includes an exclusive black Unikitty tail as well, which might be very difficult to get ahold of.

I've noticed that besides of the printed parts, they all seem to have parts in colors that you can't get. The Batman for example has the hands part in blue and a 1x4 tile with two knobs in blue that are just in this set. As for the parts, bricklink added the parts to the sets just a few weeks ago, so check there, too!

I will follow this thread as well, thanks you to the people that are helping by uploading pics from the original sets!

4 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

It will probably take me a while before I can make scans of the parts and instructions, but I do have the Superman & Wonder Woman set. Be advised that Superman includes an exclusive black Unikitty tail as well, which might be very difficult to get ahold of.

Oh darn it. I looked at the inventories on Rebrickable and the Superman one is currently the only one not inventoried (well, technically the Joker/Batman one not either, but I submitted the inventory for that one myself). I saw a few exclusive colors (like @julesvincent also mentioned), but they looked pretty insignificant and easily replaceable with something else. That black unikitty tail though is pretty specific and quite important for the looks of Superman. Bummer.

I almost can't imagine they made those parts (and especially that tail) only for the SDCC sets. Maybe we'll see them in upcoming Brickheadz?

Yes! Please make this happen!

I'm also a big fan of the Brickheaz, but I simply cannot aford the SDCC exclusive ones, having an alternative to the printed elements will be a big step in the way of replicating them, since I hope that some of the exclusive color bricks will eventually be released in other sets.

I also do not understand why, currently, we have the same number of exclusives as the available to mortal ones! Or why there are no instructions for these ones?

@legolijntje can you please repost the images here? So that we could have all the information in one spot? Thanks!

Edited by agadoijo

2 hours ago, agadoijo said:

@legolijntje can you please repost the images here? So that we could have all the information in one spot? Thanks!

Yes, certainly. When I have something to share I'll definitely post it here :classic:

I'm looking for people interested in (high quality) sticker sheets for the printed parts in the SDCC Brickheadz. For more information, send me a PM. The more people the better :classic:

Aaand... even more exclusives. They're numbered 17 and 18, so assuming 13-16 will also be revealed later on that makes 18 exclusives so far vs 12 retail models. This is getting really annoying :hmpf_bad: Please Lego...

This project got a bit on the backburner because I was (and am) quite busy, but I'm still determined to complete my collection (and share the neccesary files with others) without breaking the bank. I currently have scans of all SDCC brickheadz, now gotta find someone who can convert those into vector images. I have some ideas of who I can ask, but if there's an artist here, feel free to shoot me a PM.

@julesvincent also pointed me to a website where you can order custom printed bricks. I didn't know that was even possible (thought only engraving was possible), so that sounds like a cool alternative to the stickers I planned earlier. Just gotta figure out if the quality of the prints is good enough (for me personally at least :tongue:)

Well, since those are just "Exclusive" to ToysRUS, I guess they will be quite easy to get. I was on vacation so the the Vector project rested a little. And I was busy building my MOC for the Brickset Competition ;fullsizerender.jpg

Edited by julesvincent

12 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

Well, since those are just "Exclusive" to ToysRUS, I guess they will be quite easy to get. I was on vacation so the the Vector project rested a little. And I was busy building my MOC for the Brickset Competition ;

I never really looked into the ToysRUs exclusives, I was just under the impression that they were exclusive to a single day or something like that. Are they sold for a longer period like retail sets, just only at Toys R Us? That might make them easier to get indeed, as long as shipping from the US is reasonable (which it usually isn't) or if they come to the European Toys R Us stores too. Fingers crossed :tongue:

The store flyer for the US shows the Lloyd brickhead, so it seems that if there is anything exclusive, it is the 2x4 plate, which should be easy to transform. But before I put work into it, I would wait a little bit until it hits the stores. 

12 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

The store flyer for the US shows the Lloyd brickhead, so it seems that if there is anything exclusive, it is the 2x4 plate, which should be easy to transform. But before I put work into it, I would wait a little bit until it hits the stores. 

Yes, these are still very new, Ill certainly wait and see what happens with 'm. SDCC brickheadz are first in line :wink:

20 hours ago, Mattallica said:

Any news on these?

Not really I'm afraid. I do have photos/scans of all SDCC brickheadz (I think, didn't actually double check it). I'm all about sharing regarding this project, so you can find the photos here. Credits go to Oky, CapnRex on Brickset and Brickset user saneps. Now they need to be digitized and that's the most difficult part, so far I haven't been able to find anyone who can create good quality vector images (for free at least). Although, maybe I have; @Leopard37 contacted me and said he might know someone who can and wants to help us out. Haven't heard a definitive yes/no (or maybe 'just a few'?) though, so I'm kinda waiting on that now.

Update on vectoring: Being done as a favor by a coworker in spare time at home, so it won't be speedy. Should have a sample file soon to verify for quality from sticker guy. 

Question: Will the sticker guy verify to authentic colors afterwards as the colors from the picture will not be 100% accurate? Thanks,

Tyson.

3 minutes ago, Leopard37 said:

Update on vectoring: Being done as a favor by a coworker in spare time at home, so it won't be speedy. Should have a sample file soon to verify for quality from sticker guy. 

That's cool! 

3 minutes ago, Leopard37 said:

Question: Will the sticker guy verify to authentic colors afterwards as the colors from the picture will not be 100% accurate? Thanks,

The shop I had in mind will certainly go through the colors, but also edit the file to make it 'cutable' (if that's a word) because he can pre-cut the stickers. But again, I hope he's not gonna charge and exorbitant price (and the more people willing to 'sign up' for this the lower the per person costs will be). But, as I said above I'm all for sharing this stuff so if you (and your coworker) don't mind we can share the vector files so if it ends up being more than I'm personally willing to spend, at least anyone can still print whereever they like. :classic:

Have you considered a place, where all files could be collected? Due to sickness I haven‘t been able to make new ones, but I can certainly could add the ones I have done. 

3 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

Have you considered a place, where all files could be collected? Due to sickness I haven‘t been able to make new ones, but I can certainly could add the ones I have done. 

Well, I suppose they can be added to my Google Drive (which I partly linked above). I rather don't make a public edit link (for obvious reasons), so if you want you can PM me your gmail account and I can add you to the folder with write access :classic: