I actually finished this build around the beginning of June, but haven’t gotten around to posting it until now. This was just a build for fun to mess around with the dark blue/white colorscheme and to finally do something for Kaliphlin again. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out, though unfortunately the pictures are rather poor.

Located on the Eastern outskirts of Katoren, this monastery survived the Kaliphlin civil war better than most. A natural spring was the reason for the monastery’s location, and the spring continues to provide fresh water for all the inhabitants, as well as make the surrounding area very lush compared to much of the Kaliphlin landscape.

over.jpg

low-2.jpg

back.jpg

left-1.jpg

buildings.jpg

pool.jpg

Path.jpg

More pictures on Brickbuilt.
Thanks for looking, C&C welcome :classic:

This is fantastic.  I love the path.  The white fence is just wonderful.  The pool looks great.  The rockwork and landscaping is excellent.  The building is designed very well.  The windows and the pillars are creative.  Excellent job.

Very nice build, LJ, as I said on Flickr, those sand green hangings and the dark blue in the walls really catch the eye! :thumbup:  Great inclusion of that little interior too! :wink:

Wow! You are really developing your Kaliphlin style, I love how much details you've managed to get into a build of that size :classic:
The subtle mosaic patterns are very fitting for the style, I especially like how well the simple square plate patterns work.
I'm getting tempted to try more white Kaliphlin builds when I unpack my bricks in a few months...

Great build LJ, very peaceful and also very Kaliphlinian!  As Gideon said, the mosaic patterns are great, and very nice work too on the low curving walls, not to mention the great rockwork!  It does kind of feel like a lighter color of transblue for the water would have set off the light colors of the rest of the build better, but nonetheless, well done!

Great work LJ, you are really mastering Kaliphin! The clean with contrast well with the landscape and as always the other colors choices compliment the moc further :classic: Good job

Yet another awesome Kaliphlin build from you, LJ! The build is absolutely lovely. The only thing I have to remark is that the utter-right tower seems a bit bare, but everything else is really good :thumbup: I like all the little details, like the spring/well/waterfall, and of course the rockwork is amazing as well :wub: The use of tilted plates for the pathways worked out really well, I think!

Edited by TitusV

Such an amazing depiction of the oriental style, showing that it's definitely more than tan and dark tan.

Some great building techniques, but the choice of colours is immaculate. Fantastic MOC!

Great moc LJ, everything is awesome, but the little reddish brown road caught my eye, awesome. :wink:

Don't know where to start! The white fence/brick wall is very inspiring, the rockwork is flawless and the foliage is just the right amount. Also the whole build looks so well balanced and you achieve so much with only a few bricks.

So many great details to look at! Your building skill have exploded! Just Love the mocs you have posted lately!

On 6/30/2017 at 0:02 AM, zoth33 said:

This is fantastic.  I love the path.  The white fence is just wonderful.  The pool looks great.  The rockwork and landscaping is excellent.  The building is designed very well.  The windows and the pillars are creative.  Excellent job.

Thank you, the curving path and accompanying wall were some of my favorite parts too :classic:

On 6/30/2017 at 11:01 AM, Garmadon said:

Very nice build, LJ, as I said on Flickr, those sand green hangings and the dark blue in the walls really catch the eye! :thumbup:  Great inclusion of that little interior too! :wink:

Thanks Garm, it had been quite a while since I used that design for the sand green curtains and I thought they fit well here. And of course, gotta have that little interior :grin:

On 6/30/2017 at 11:33 AM, Gideon said:

Wow! You are really developing your Kaliphlin style, I love how much details you've managed to get into a build of that size :classic:
The subtle mosaic patterns are very fitting for the style, I especially like how well the simple square plate patterns work.
I'm getting tempted to try more white Kaliphlin builds when I unpack my bricks in a few months...

Thank you very much, Gideon! I really love including cheese mosaics, they're a lot of fun to make. I'm looking forward to those white Kali builds! :wink::thumbup:

On 6/30/2017 at 2:58 PM, Kai NRG said:

Great build LJ, very peaceful and also very Kaliphlinian!  As Gideon said, the mosaic patterns are great, and very nice work too on the low curving walls, not to mention the great rockwork!  It does kind of feel like a lighter color of transblue for the water would have set off the light colors of the rest of the build better, but nonetheless, well done!

Thanks Kai! Looking back, a lighter color for the water may have been better, but we don't have enough trans-light blue, and regular trans clear never really entered my mind as a possibility. I'll keep that in mind for the future though :classic:

On 7/1/2017 at 2:50 AM, The Maestro said:

Great work LJ, you are really mastering Kaliphin! The clean with contrast well with the landscape and as always the other colors choices compliment the moc further :classic: Good job

Thanks Maestro, glad you like it!

On 7/1/2017 at 6:57 AM, TitusV said:

Yet another awesome Kaliphlin build from you, LJ! The build is absolutely lovely. The only thing I have to remark is that the utter-right tower seems a bit bare, but everything else is really good :thumbup: I like all the little details, like the spring/well/waterfall, and of course the rockwork is amazing as well :wub: The use of tilted plates for the pathways worked out really well, I think!

Thanks Titus! Yes, the front tower is a little bare, though I did that rather intentionally so as to make the main building stand out more. Still, adding a little more detail to it probably wouldn't have hurt; thanks for the suggestion!

On 7/1/2017 at 3:32 PM, Elostirion said:

Such an amazing depiction of the oriental style, showing that it's definitely more than tan and dark tan.

Some great building techniques, but the choice of colours is immaculate. Fantastic MOC!

Thank you, Elostrion! I agree, oriental MOCs have so many color possibilities :classic:

On 7/2/2017 at 7:55 AM, Gunman said:

Great moc LJ, everything is awesome, but the little reddish brown road caught my eye, awesome. :wink:

Thanks Gunman, glad you like it!

On 7/2/2017 at 9:22 AM, peedeejay said:

Don't know where to start! The white fence/brick wall is very inspiring, the rockwork is flawless and the foliage is just the right amount. Also the whole build looks so well balanced and you achieve so much with only a few bricks.

Thank you, it was a lot of fun to build :classic:

11 hours ago, de Gothia said:

So many great details to look at! Your building skill have exploded! Just Love the mocs you have posted lately!

Thank you very much dG, that really means a lot :sweet:

Your texture choices here are on point.  Studs/no studs & bricks/1x1 round plates are perfection for both landscaping contrast and decorative flair.  Love it.

Looks great, LJ! I love how you used a simple 1xn plate border for the building, giving a studs-out texture without anything fancy. With all of the great inlay work you did, anything more would have been distracting. I love the sand green and gold walls. The only thing I am not sold on (besides the trans-blue water, as others have mentioned) are the peculiar rocks made from the triple-curved wedges, but perhaps they are part of the landscaping, as prayer pillars or something; they look unnatural as it is. The white curved low wall along the path by the spring is my favorite part, though. Overall, a tremendous small build for Kaliphlin!

This is a lovely palatial building. I love the interiors and the smooth surfaces. The clean colors and details are excellent. I can imagine it as a lords retreat as well. It is such an elegant piece.

Such a wonderful combination of landscape and buildings :wub: Despite its small size, you really packed a lot into this scene. The SNOT basin in the courtyard, cheese slope designs in the main building, and small dark tan out building are my favorite sections :thumbup:

The sloping path is also very nicely done :classic:

lovely architecture, details and path :wub: I'm not sure about the dark blue, though. I see that others have said that it catsches the eye, but I had to look closer to notice it. It might just be my eyes (oh man..), but this is something I'm trying to work on - I love dark blue and planning to use it a lot, yet in the pics it never really 'shines'.. Do you think is simply due to the pics or is it actually me? x)

Very good build.:thumbup:

Some very nice detail on the white walls and the Green and Gold mosaic walls.

That courtyard is really nice, and as always, a wonderful choice of colors for the build.

Just marvelous, LJ!

So many details in a relatively small space!  I like the architectural details, like the windows, domes, hanging curtains, tile work, and curving wall!  The rock is very well built and really stands out with the stream and curved sloping path cutting through it.  I also love the bits of green throughout the build!

It is builds like these that have made me want to do some building in the Kali style!