Sign in to follow this  
The Penguin

Dwarven Balloon MOC.

Gentlemen! This is my first MOC on this forum, so I hope you won't judge it too strictly.... :-)

It is a dwarven scout balloon, that is operated by an engineer. It can also carry two dwarven riflemen. :-)

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

b1.jpg

b6.jpg

b9.jpg

b7.jpg

b8.jpg

b3.jpg

b2.jpg

I shall be mostly grateful for your comments.... :-)

I like this balloon, he let me thinks of that one from the adventures,

the plane helmet looks great on the dwarf, and I like the beautiful dark blue color and the stairs.

well done *y*

I love the minifigs. Great.

I love the baloon. Great.

BUT TAKE THAT FIRE EXTINGISHER OUT BEFORE I DECONSTRUCT YOU! >:-(

otherwise great MOC :-D

I love the minifigs. Great.

I love the baloon. Great.

BUT TAKE THAT FIRE EXTINGISHER OUT BEFORE I DECONSTRUCT YOU! >:-(

otherwise great MOC :-D

I think the "fire extinguisher" is meant to be a gas tank, and without one the balloon wouldn't fly..

I like this MOC a lot, good job!

Nice MOC, but it looks a little too similar the Expedition Balloon. Still good though and a great first try. I really love the dwarf engineer, reminds me of Warcraft 3

Nice MOC, but it looks a little too similar the Expedition Balloon. Still good though and a great first try. I really love the dwarf engineer, reminds me of Warcraft 3

Yes, indeed it is so. I was inspired by WOW. As for similarity.... :-P You are right, I took the set for a basis, but I hope I can still call it a MOC, can't I? )

Thank you all for your comments! ) Waiting for more.... *sweet*

Very good The Penguin, like others it reminds me of the adventurers one. I absolutely love the idea of Dwarves being the engineers and experimenters of the medieval world. The ladders leading down look very nice, and I love the equipment the Dwarves are holding. Great work!

Batbrick Away! >:-)

A fine work, I especially like that gas bottle and the propeller, and your

Dwarf pilot looks really cool. *y*

But wouldn

It's not historically the most accurate one.. but it wasn't probably meant to be? the MOC itself is very good. *y*

Edited by Mile85

It looks too much like the Aero Nomad for me, but it's still nice, the idea of a Dwarven balloon is quite neat! *y*

~Peace

Nice work.

Only thing that makes me wonder is how the dwarves, being short, actually get around to turning the handle on top of the gas tank? Perhaps You should construct a gas-transfer-device next to the tank? The ballon reminds me of the work of gnomes (in a Dungeons and Dragons way). The gnomes always had to design weapons of destruction X-D

KimT

2 words... Goofy. Fun. *y*

Air tanks, riflemen... sure, it's crazy, but at the same time the whole things looks retro-cool, so that's a win for me.

To be fair, we have trolls and orcs and undead skeletons during the castle era, but no explanation of what happened to them by the time the pirates were sailing the seas.

WHOA. 8-

Thank you all! ) I do appreciate your opinions.... ) :-$

I hope that the MOC-s that are going follow this one will also be worthy of your kind words.... )

Any other comments? *sweet*

Dwarves. With guns. AWESOME!!!!!!

Seriously, though, great balloon. I too like the combination of medieval and adventurers.

Dwarves. With guns. AWESOME!!!!!!

Seriously, though, great balloon. I too like the combination of medieval and adventurers.

Thank you! )