Murdoch17

Victorian Townhouse with 1920s' MOON motor car

This building was originally the Brick City Depot Winter Village - Victorian House model, while the car is inspired by Carl Greatrix's Rolls Royce Phantom Mk II, remade to look like a MOON motor car from around the mid-1920's. I removed the original house model's snow-and-sloped-plate roof, added a back half with stairs to the upper story, plus a revamped color scheme from medium blue and white to reddish brown, green, and white. Their is even a new front porch for lazy Summer days.

35424902422_596a559473_z.jpg

The model is of the swing open type, complete with locking Technic pin to keep the model closed.

35554444986_d4ba1b694c_z.jpg

The rear of the model features the chimney flue.

35554445056_185f491cf5_z.jpg

The inside of the model features most of my standard details, such as a stove (which is supposed to look like it's hooked into the chimney), couch, vintage phonograph, table with lamp, curio cabinet, and twin-size bed. I have even included a grandfather clock to complete the early 1920's look.

35462835521_8bb7f1c0fd_z.jpg

This car was originally a Rolls Royce Phantom Mark-II that got transformed into a MOON Touring car. (no, the the jalopy from the Apollo Moon missions, but a vehicle built in St. Louis, Missouri by the Moon Motor Car company) once I realized how close they were to each other in style cues. I guess I did the usual car building process backwards: build the car, then find a real life counterpart, instead pf building the car off a specific type.

35424899602_057e99f492_z.jpg

The rear of the car features the spare tire and license plate.

35554443066_d7150a01be_z.jpg

This vehicle can seat one driver mini-figure.

35554444896_a74c5e683c_z.jpg

The LDD file for both car and house is available here.

Comments, Questions & Complaints are always welcome!

Edited by Murdoch17

Wow, this is really nice! I almost think this could pass as a Creator set, and the touring car, though simple, looks perfect.

What is the total part count of the house and car combined, and what are the base dimensions of the house?

17 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

That's really awesome, I love it!

thanks!

16 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Wow, this is really nice! I almost think this could pass as a Creator set, and the touring car, though simple, looks perfect.

What is the total part count of the house and car combined, and what are the base dimensions of the house?

Thank you! The total is 1,196 bricks for house and car according to LDD. The house is 18 studs wide (17 at the base with 1 stud overhang) x 21  studs deep x 25 bricks tall.. does that help?