Entering the settlement, Montoya's mind was at once distracted from its troubling paths. The city was buzzing with rumours of the mayor himself being assaulted. Being their symbol of safety and peace, the citizens were highly upset, speculating who might have been behind the attack. There was talk of Olean and Eslandian agents, and of pirates settled nearby, all suspects in the mind of the people.

Montoya at once rushed to the old city hall, where Operation Pax Corlandia had its headquarters. Here he was surprised to meet an only sligthly bruised Lorenzini about to tell Major Bradley of the incident.

35264086110_19755dd348_c.jpg
By Bregir

"Ah, Montoya - Come in and listen here. Last night, under the cover of darkness, I recieved a strange letter from an Olean agent. Or so the letter claims, at least." Lorenzini explained. "I thought very little of it, not being willing to leave the people in my charge, so I did not reply. After a while, though, it dawned on me that it may be relevant for our negotiations, so I left my lodgings to come discuss it with Major Bradley."

"However, I didn't make it far. Halfway here, I was struck down by some ruffian in an alley. As I recovered, I found my money, passport, and the letter gone! Probably some poor victim of the war - no reason to press the issue..."

"Perhaps...." Montoya seemed doubtful, and looked to Major Bradley, who now spoke up: "We are happy to find you so swiftly recovered, Signore, but I doubt it was just a mugging. Witnesses have reported seeing a fishing boat picking up four people in the middle of the night. One of them presented himself as Lorenzini, wafting around something that looked a passport and a letter, and the others spoke Olean with the crew."

"Is it so?" Montoya raised an eyebrow.

"We are working to confirm it, sir, but the investigations is somewhat hindered by the fact that the imposter appears to have been bribing his way through the Eslandian ranks. Between the sightings at the alley and the fishing boat he was reported handing a purse to an Eslandian soldier outside the city..."

"Are you suggesting foul play?" Lorenzini asked.

"I only present the case as is." Bradley said with a shrug.

"Hmm, it would seem something is afoot." Montoya suggested. "Could anyone have known of the letter's contents?"

"Undoubtedly. The inn where I make my lodgings is home to all sorts of people, refugees, mercenaries without pay..."

"I figured as much. My best guess is this: Someone was desparate to leave Malto, and heard of the deal Oleon offered you. He then followed you outside, knocked you down and stole the letter and your passport, using these to lure the Oleanders into taking him aboard, thinking he was you." Montoya looked at them, both nodding. "Someone must be anxious to leave Malto."

"There is the matter of the explosion, sir..." Bradley interjected. "It could be the saboteur himself... Or any other criminal, of course..."

"Or someone fearing Eslandian prosecution, perhaps..." Lorenzini added.

"Indeed! But the imposter will be out ot reach of any message we can send and long gone once it would catch up with the vessel. Nonetheless, I shall write a letter to an Olean representative. They might not want to hand over military commissions, pensions, or asylymn to a violent crook..."

Both nodded in agreement.

"Also, we should discuss the negotiations... I fear the Eslandians are not very likely to grant Malto independence. I am very sorry, Signore, and I shall do anything in my power to uphold the promises made by Corrington to you and your people. But perhaps it is time to look for alternative solutions..." Montoya was relieved. Now it was out there.

"Don Montoya, I think you for being frank. However, neither myself nor the people of Malto are keen on Eslandian overlords. Afterall, they have very vehemently denied us our neutrality, and even threatened us with force..."

"I agree the show of force could easily be taken for a threat, but I doubt that is truly the intention, Signore..."

"Nonetheless, the prospects of Eslandian assimilation does not sit well with us. They have shown very little interest in hearing us out. Corrington, on the other hand..." Lorenzini added with a bow: "Came to our aid without a question the moment we asked..."

"I was hoping you would say something like this..." Montoya beckoned them both to come closer. "I think I might have a solution that will leave everyone better off in the end..."

And so discussions went on for an hour or so, ending with three smiling faces and a tot of rum.

"So be it, good sirs. I shall return to the negotiations shortly to see if not the Eslandians will agree..."

35480108192_1f800b3af7_c.jpg
By Ayrlego

OOC: First moc by yours truly, second by Ayrlego (in case you missed the subtext and his characteristic style... :P )

Montoya might have something new to bring to the table when he returns, and it seems someone escaped from the island aided (although under false pretences) by Oleon agents. We really couldn't let you guys decide the fate of one of our characters (Ayrlego's, to be exact) so we figured out this little story, which I personally think makes the whole thing even more interesting, particularly considering the talks of a saboteur in Malto... ;)

Malto, July 617 AE

To his Royal Majesty, King Philip's representatives,

I write to inform you that last night, one of your vessels picked up an individual near Malto on Isla de Medio, thinking it was Captain Giovanni Lorenzini, mayor of the settlement. The good captain assures me that he is most obliged to you for your offer of asylym and pension, but cannot in good conscience leave the people he has sworn his life to serve.

As you will by now have figured, the person who boarded your vessel was not Captain Giovanni Lorenzini, but an imposter, who had only recently assaulted the real Lorenzini. and stolen his papers and the letter from your agent.

Corrington will not hold your actions against you, being in good faith, but wish to inform you that the man you are transporting may be a criminal, and possibly the saboteur behind the explosion in the port. In any case, he is guilty of assault and have had reason to escape undetected.

We suggest that you make every possible effort to apprehend the imposter, although this letter may well arrive too late for effective action.

Your humble servant

Don Isaac Montoya

Very nice builds, both of you, and very clever way to deal with the whole Lorenzi craze thing-y! :laugh: :thumbup:  Great job with the nighttime alleyway feel in the first one, Bregir, and the plant and drawer are some neat details in the second (and epic photography as always, Ayrlego!)  Looking forward to what you all have to propose! - Oh, never mind, there it is..:grin:  Oh, never mind that - still looking forward to it! :laugh: :grin:

On 6/29/2017 at 5:24 PM, Mesabi said:

"Oh so you're just ignoring me now?

Asked Captain Mesabi.

"Very mature. The Governor of Eslandola is ignoring little WTC because it's not important enough!"

A messenger ran in from the side.

35618062315_729321ed21_z.jpgPeace talks by North White, on Flickr

"Mr Montoya! Crabs! Invasion! Bootstrap!"

Montoya got up and walked to the messenger.

"There comes word of an invasion by Eslandola on Isle 14!"

34809312493_ba9f3f5c35_z.jpgPeace talks by North White, on Flickr

Meanwhile Captain Mesabi continued his plea.

"Give me control of the city, you have like 5 on the island, you don't need this one!"

(@Mesabi Please make sure you read this)

A Guard runs into the Queens meeting gallery and quickly bows and slightly out of breath

"Your majesty, .... It's amazing!", said the guard.

"What, you have news?", Asked Queen Annetta.

"He's alive!", Said the guard.

"Who's alive?", Asked Queen Annetta.

Before the guard could speak a figure enters the Meeting Gallery

"I am ever at your service your Majesty", Chauncy Pennington said with a bow.

"We all thought you dead!", Queen Annetta said tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Do no cry my queen, I needed to go to the colonies personally to attend to some matters and find out why they are in such disarray. The turmoil of the colonies reflects badly on our nation and I will not have anyone think you are weak my queen.", Ranted Pennington.

"You could have told me, why would you just run off and what turmoil, I thought Woodbrose and Montoya were handling the colonies?!?", The queen questioned.

"I fear they are not up for the job my Queen, but fear not I have learned of a man who may be the solution to the current problem with the former Ilse de Medio. He's a bit gruff and I myself can't believe it has come to this, promoting common rabble as our hope for a solution, but...", Pennington paused,

"Who, What situation in the Colonies have I not been adequately updated on?", the Queen asked starting to get angry.

"The Isle de Medio is close to forfeiture to the Eslandolians, we need decisive action and there is a man currently doing just that on the isle. I think he would be of great help to the empire even if he is a bit...crude." Said Pennington.

"Who is this man? What do you purpose I do, your father never lead my family astray and i pray your advice will not either.", The queen retorted.

"The man is interested in a saboteur that blew up some buildings on the isle, I personally could care less we can rebuild, but his persistence is admirable he has not given up where others have laid down like dogs, and he is on the island. I speak of a man known as Captain Mesabi.", Pennington said with a pause.

"I purpose he be given the rank of Count under the condition he stay paying his taxes. The County of Debonshire in the south has no real value but he may be able to turn it around, and his persistence may prove useful in the Noble Parliament as it hasn't moved any legislation in months. I also suggest granting him a regiment of the Queens Guard, I believe this will legitimize claims as well as show that he has your full support and is to be considered a primary actor on the diplomatic stage.", Said Pennington with a slight smirk.

The Queen looked at Pennington quizzically, "I like the idea of Putting him in the Noble Parliament, He's a forward thinker and I should hope he will continue, but I do not think I want to send my own soldiers to the colonies, especially under a new untested noble. I shall grant him the County of Debonshire if he agrees to pay taxes.", the Queen said looking at Pennington.

"I'm sure he will your Majesty", Pennington replied.

"Then send him thim messege immediately, That I Queen Annetta of Corrington name Captain Mesabi Count of Debonshire, and raise him up to the ranks of Noble Parliament. Upon his death his land and title shall be passed to a blood Heir of his choosing as long as his family remains loyal to the Crown of Corrington and abides all Laws therein.", The Queen said.

"I will send him the news Post haste, but what of the soldiers?, Queried Pennington.

"I will think on it, for now his title should grant him leverage in any negotiations enough to slow them down while I see how this plays out, I am my fathers daughter after all." The Queen Snidely remark punctuating her thought with a laugh.

The imposter has been apprehended!

A pigeon carrying Consul Montoya's message arrived the day after the arrival of the so-called Lorenzi. This letter caused an huge astonishment among Oleander's colonial authorities, people went mad, since so many resources are wasted to help this scum to escape. In the casern, sarcastic comments overflowed about sergent Eric's action in Malto. His brother, lieutenant LaGaufre hurried to led a handful of men to arrest this imposter:

14989833741_DISPLAY.jpg

Well, after a "polite and peaceful" interrogation, our man confessed that he is indeed the saboteur responsible for the explosion of WTC vessel. The saboteur will be delivered to Captain Mesabi shortly.

Somewhere around Palacio De Desarallo Regional, some soldiers are playing soccer

34826476854_d6bff15f49_c.jpg

Lord Maximilian Damaximus discussed recent events with Commodore Matt Lenoir, who just arrived back from Tortuga.

"So the devil himself really returned?"

"Yes sir, although he had a bad hairday, it was clearly him..."

"Oh well, then we should keep that in mind. Could we send our fleet now to Turtle Island? I am sure we can capture Captain Benjamin Morgan..."

"Our fleet should be strong enough, that is true, but I fear we are not really in the position to raid a settlement, even if it are bloody sea rats... Eslandola has its reputation against... We'll get another chance in the future, don't worry..."

Suddenly, an Eslandolan officer arrived, holding a long and aged sword.

35667656655_24ebae0ed1_c.jpg

"Lord Damaximus, I have a gift from Captain Lorenzini here, it is his family sword, to thank your proposal to let him be an Eslandolan citizen. He gave it right before he escaped Malto in an Oleon vessel"

"Excellent news, so without Captain Lorenzini, Corrington has no business anymore in Nova Malto?"

"To make it a bit more complicated, the next day Captain Lorenzini claimed to be attacked in the night. The suspect stole his identity and went aboard on the Oleon vessel"

"Bummers... So he still claims to be mayor of Malto"

"Yep, and Oleon interrogated the one who fled, turns out it was him who blew up the WTC vessel"

"So the saboteur stole the identity of Captain Lorenzini, who had an invitation to flee, left Malto and gave me the sword of Captain Lorenzini?"

"If it really is the sword of said Captain"

35498680802_57fe43d0f2_c.jpg

"I do see "Lorenzini" engraved, and on the opposite side of the blade, the Mardierian Lion engraved. When whining to Montoya, did Lorenzini said something about losing his sword?"

"No sir"

"Send it to Governor Guilder, I am sure he knows what to do with the sword in the negotations"

"yes sir!"

And so the officer took the sword to the Eslandolan camp.

"It is hard to keep track of everything, isn't it Commodore?"

"Yes sir. They can make a good theater act out of this situation"

"Haha probably. Talking about WTC, weren't there rumours about WTC being interested in attacking our fleet?"

"Oh yeah, some trashtalk probably. But captain Mesabi, he is now Corrington Noblemen, and a high person in Corrington court. So if he dares to attack us, it won't be between WTC and MAESTRO, but between Corrington and Eslandola... Lord Jerome Monezterell will make an official announcement concerning these matters, as Secretary of Eslandolan Navy..."

"Luckily, there is something as simple as soccer. I really should do something with this sport..."

Again, Lord Maximilian Damaximus and Commodore Matt Lenoir watched the soldiers playing soccer. For a moment, the complex situation in Malto was forgotten...

------

Ooc: a quick build as an aswer on Bodi's build :classic:

The sword is now in possession of Governor Guilder...

Edited by Maxim I

"So you think you can reach a compromise with the Eslandians?" Baker asked.

"I do, Charlie, I do. I am certain they are as interested in a peaceful solution as we are... Well almost as interested..." He added in an afterthought. "We have invested considerably in Malto, and I am certain they will be ready to return that."

"You've been surprised at their reaction before..."

"Indeed - they are not always easy to figure. And then there is that Captain of the WTC... Might still cause trouble..."

34829642904_14121f6f63_c.jpg

Having made the proper introductions once more, Montoya cut to the chase.

"I shall first inform you that rumours suggesting that Lorenzini has fled have been circulating. And while it is true that someone using his name escaped on an Olean vessel two nights ago, the mayor himself remains safe and sound in Malto." Looking around, he continued.

"Signore Lorenzini was assaulted under the cover of night, his passport, money, and some documents stolen, items which were used to first bribe an Eslandian guard and then to secure passage on the Olean vessel."

"I would like to emphasize that this is in no way an accusation. Afterall, the imposter did give the impression of being Lorenzini looking to escape willingly, and I cannot imagine you having any connections to the imposter. I am told that he has been apprehended by Oleon, and have confessed to being the saboteur that blew up the WTC vessel. I know not how much credence we should lend to this confession, though, having heard some stories of... unorthodox Olean interrogation methods..."

"However, with Lorenzini safe, I discussed with him your categorical denial of allowing Malto to exist as a neutral settlement. Due to concerns, which may not be founded in reality, neither he, nor his people wishes to become citizens or subjects to Eslandola, but neither are the interested in bloodshed."

"And after considerable discussion, we have come to a conclusion that we believe may benefit all. Corrington will grant those citizens who wishes to leave a spot of land on one of our territories, there to settle and live under their own governance. Lorenzini has gratefully accepted the offer, I should say, however... As Corrington has made considerable investments in Malto, including rebuilding the fort and several buildings, we shall have to ask for something in return..."

Montoya fell silent, and looked at the Eslandians. How would they react?

"Your offer to Lorenzini is certainly a humanitarian thing to do, and we will not stand in the way of anyone who wants to leave," said Guilder. "As for those who remain, we pledge to rebuild Nova Malto and insure their safety."

Guilder conferred with Monezterrell and Bowditch briefly. They appeared to be simply confirming something they had already discussed.

"And we recognize that you have made an investment in the rebuilding of the settlement. We want to assure you that all are free to build and own civilian property in Nova Malto, and so any Corlanders who have built properties in Nova Malto may retain them and continue to benefit from their revenue. Eslandola will of course assume control of the fort and take on the responsibility of manning it and the expense of its upkeep." Guilder paused briefly, then continued.

"Moving beyond financial considerations ... we are dismayed regarding the assault on Captain Lorenzini, and of course the attack on the WTC ship. We understand that Oleon has the man who assaulted Lorenzini in custody, is this correct? If not, we will do whatever we can to bring him to justice. And we will pledge to help find the saboteur of the WTC ship."

"I hope these items address your concerns. Have we anticipated your concerns adequately, or is there something else?"

"Someone assaulted Lorenzini and stole his belongings. And someone used his papers as writ of passage on an Olean vessel. Whether these are the same someone, I cannot rightly say, but it would seem likely... And whether there are any connections to the saboteur, we cannot say at current time."

Montoya bowed his head, before continuing, somewhat hesitant. This was the moment of truth.

"As to the potential emigrants, houses in Malto will no more keep them safe from the elements than business in Malto will secure them jobs..." Montoya said, pausing for a moment. "Hence, I am here to request that Eslandola help build up their new homes and shops in the new settlement. There is a need for considerable construction efforts, though..."

"As to the fort, the Crown has not yet renumerated the WTC for its construction, and suggest that you conduct your negotiations with captain Mesabi himself. The Crown has no interest in the matter, should we come to an agreement."

"Eslandola certainly pledges to build up Nova Malto. We have no disagreement there."

Guilder turned and reached behind him to retrieve something, then turned again to Montoya.

"This is Captain Lorenzini's sword," said Guilder, holding out the elegant sword in his palms. "The imposter sent this to Lord Damaximus in an effort to maintain his ruse, and Damaximus made sure it got to us here as quickly as possible. I am certain that the captain would wish to have such a beautiful weapon back. Would you please see it returned to him, with our regards?"

"As for Captain Mesabi, we would be amenable to paying for construction costs of the fort. If you could see to getting Captain Mesabi here, we would be happy to finalize the details and conclude these talks. I'm happy that we have been able to come to a peaceful resolution."

Montoya arched a brow.

"I am not quite sure what exactly you are pledging here, and to avoid any future misgivings, I should like to be frank with you." Sending Guilder a direct glance, he continued: "What we will be requiring is for Eslandola to help build up the new settlement on Corlander territory. And I shall need firm commitments as to the size of investment in what we may for now term 'Nova Malto'... And I should add that the current properties in Malto can be handed over to Eslandian title in full..."

Tilting his head, he reached out to grab the sword, looking at it for a moment.

"Lorenzini made no mention of a sword, but I shall certainly present it to him..."  He said, handing it to young Baker. "...and Captain Mesabi... last I saw him, he was walking off with Captain Bowditch..."

35507405172_fb88076acf_z.jpgBoBS peace talks by North White, on Flickr

Count Mesabi and Darby walked back into the tent where negotiations had been set up.

"Before we begin, I must say, Captain Bowditch can really hold his liquor better than I"

Montoya Rolled his eyes.

35636840976_8c20ae8298_z.jpgBoBS peace talks by North White, on Flickr

"I mean seriously, I would have been here yesterday to keep you guys from ruining negotiations, but I was really a mess. Like, whoever gets the fort after this is going to need some cleaners. We did our best to get out the vomit, but I think it seeped into the floorboards."

Governor Guilder groaned

"So what are we doing, here, I was told I'm getting paid for something? Throw me out a number and I'll see where it lands."

OOC: Thank you so much for the title of Count! I'll do a build for it when I get a chance, but that won't be until at least tonight. 

Guilder looked askance at Captain Mesabi, then return his attention to Montoya.

"Ah, I did indeed misunderstand somewhat," replied Guilder. "I thought we were speaking of the refugees choosing to remain here." Guilder smiled a small smile, thinking to himself about the limits of Corlander humanitarian concerns. "I would have thought Corrington quite capable of taking care of refugees on its own territory on its own. However, if you need assistance, we will help. What number of properties do you seek from us for the settlement in Corlander territory, and I take it you would want ownership transferred to the settlement?"

Before Montoya could answer, Guilder addressed the hung-over Mesabi.

"I'd appraise the worth of the work restoring the fort at approximately 100 doubloons," said Guilder. "And despite Consul Montoya's offer that Eslandola could take ownership of any properties built here, we would still allow the WTC to maintain a warehouse or similar trade company properties here of a civilian nature. What say you?"

"150. And you come for tea sometime. And you stop shouting at me."

Captain Mesabi hung his head

Guilder leaned over to Mesabi. "What, you don't like the ringing of the church bells?!" Guilder asked through a grin. "Sure, 150. Don't spend it all in one place."

Done. Now if you excuse me, mesabi needs to sleep.

The Count walked away, leaving Montoya and Guilder to their negotiations 

Montoya sent Guilder a sharp look, holding his gaze for a moment.

"The buildings already rebuilt should be more than sufficient for those not planning to follow Lorenzini. The mayor has already made plans for housing those few, who (due to families in Eslandola for the most part) shall remain, most comfortably. Corrington would not have had it any other way, as we are concerned with both those that stay and those that shall not."

Narrowing his eyes, Montoya continued, his voice taking on a sterner tone. "I do not much care for what you are implying about my Queen and country, sir, and trust that that is not the spirit in which you wish these negotiations and our general relation to continue!"

He paused a moment before turning to matters at hand, still looking less than pleased.

"We estimate that the emigrants can be housed in a town-sized settlement, with provisions for artisinal, commercial, and manufactural activities. You will take care of construction ((Mocs)) and Corrington shall provide for furnishings and utilities ((licensing)). We shall ourselves construct a suitable fortress once we have pinned down a suitable location."

Leaning in over the table, he said:

"And allow me to put this to you bluntly, as you do not yourself seem to stand too firmly on gentlemanly behaviour. We are offering you to relocate an entire town, so that you may have full sovereignty over this island. To withdraw our troops in good faith without a shot being fired. And at the same time, we offer you the opportunity to show that Eslandola at least nominally cares for the well-being of those displaced by your expansionist policies!" Montoya took a deep breath. "If you will allow me, I shall take a walk and a breath of air. I don't much care for the atmosphere here." He said, sending first Guilder, then the rum-stinking Captain Mesabi, a discontent glance. "I shall be nearby when you have a reply!" He said, walking off in a full stride, Baker rushing after him at due distance, akwardly carrying the sword.

OOC: A town should more or less be equivalent to what Corlanders have built in Malto, I believe :)

I guess that bottle of uisge didn't go to waste, proving Guilder a stouter drinker than Mesabi.

OOC: All, in preparation for handing over the settlement I have attempted to update the settlement thread here.

For now I have only counted properties built by Corries towards the settlement size. I've attempted to list all the others, but there have been so many, so if I have missed your build, please post in the settlement thread and I will add it.

Guilder looked sternly at Montoya. "All I said was that I was surprised Corrington needed assistance. If you inferred anything else from that, that is on you. And it is ever so generous of you to be willing to grant us full sovereignty over an island that is rightfully ours."

Guilder harumphed as he assessed the Corrington consul.

"These talks have been trying on all concerned, so I will attempt to refrain from further comment on 'gentlemanly behavior' and stay on point." Guilder was clearly frustrated with his counterpart. "I will concur with your assessment of the quantity of work done by your countrymen here. The White Glove Order medics that have been administering aid have confirmed as much to me. But I also expect Corrington to take on some of the responsibilities of their commitments. By my calculations, Corrington's benefits from the war are enough to easily build up a new Nova Malto to anywhere from a third to two-thirds the size of a town." (OOC: the value of the microbuild prizes intended to represent war refugees). "I believe I can commit Eslandola resources to build enough properties to bring your new Nova Malto to half the size of a town." (OOC: 5 or 6 property levels.) "I believe we can accomplish this within the next 30 days. In the interest of peace and continued good relations between our two nations, can we consider this final compromise enough to conclude these talks?"

4 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

OOC: All, in preparation for handing over the settlement I have attempted to update the settlement thread here.

For now I have only counted properties built by Corries towards the settlement size. I've attempted to list all the others, but there have been so many, so if I have missed your build, please post in the settlement thread and I will add it.

Ayrlego, thanks. Another OOC issue we may have to deal with. Are you going to want to use the Nova Malto name for the new settlement? I ask only because it may be a pain to have the automation folks (@Phred or @Captain Genaro) have to go back and change the existing licensing connections; I don't know. If you're not wedded to the name, it might be easier to leave it with the existing settlement on Isla de Victoria. FYI.

7 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Another OOC issue we may have to deal with.

We thought you guys would probably like to use your own name, hence the idea to take the old name with us. However it's certainly not a condition or anything, so whatever works easiest.

As to the automation, we haven't actually licensed anything yet for that very reason, once we are all in agreement we can choose a name and then license everything in bulk with the correct owner. Hopefully it will be no additional work for the automation team.

Being brought back to the negotiation table, Montoya said, now somewhat calmed down:

"Corrington 'needs' no help. If you refuse, we shall care for the victims of your war on our own."

"However, our so-called 'benefits' of your war will go to housing and caring for refugees all over the empire, not just in Nova Malto. Many people have been driven from their homes." 

"Further, Corrington will be investing in defence, education and culture in Nova Malto, to improve the lives of those displaced."

"As to the total size of your aid to the resettlement, I shall require the full investment as first detailed. However, I grant you 30 days from the departure of the last Corlander troops to finish the first half ((5 levels)) of the settlement, and another 60 for the remainder ((6 levels)). I perfectly respect that you may wish to discuss the feasibility of such an undertaking with your countrymen, and if you require time for this, I shall await you nearby... " he said with a questioning glance. 

Just now, Ayrlego said:

We thought you guys would probably like to use your own name, hence the idea to take the old name with us. However it's certainly not a condition or anything, so whatever works easiest.

We have licensed some of our builds. And we actually like the name Nova Malto. We think it has an Eslandian ring to it, and it's not reusing the Mardierian name straight. So if you don't mind letting us use it, it'd be appreciated.

I also licensed my builds in Nova Malto, just FYI