Sign in to follow this  
Bodi

Malto Express

The court of Oleon, no, not the licensing court :laugh:, the court of our king Philip, is following closely the situation on the Isle of Malto. Facing the turn of events, the gentlefoks of the court unanimously expressed their desire of providing assistance to the refugees of Malto. A more prolonged inaction should be harmful to the image of our glorious empire. We will mark our presence on sea and on land! A reception plan was approved, which consists of providing accomodation and transportation to Mardieran refugees. 

An old warship of la Royale was converted hurriedly in a troop refugees transport and set sail to Malto. The ship was commanded by on of best captains of our navy, capitaine Jacques Costaud. As a sign of our true goodwill, the ship is totally defenseless, the guns have been removed, except two swivel-guns.:tongue: The only representatives of our armed force are the small scout team led by sergent Eric LaGaufre, their mission is to find the refugees and bring them to the ship.

So, after several days spent on sea, Eric has landed on the Isle of Malto with his loyal companions (rectification at the last minute: the refugee transport did not landed in the vicinity of Malto port, seems this will cause some political issues, in fact, they landed in a small bay on the North West end of the island and continued through the Jungle)

- We must find them, quick, to the jungle.

1498607568m_DISPLAY.jpg

A few hours later, a contingent of Mardierians appeared on the beach. Civilians and rear guards of the Mardieran army.

- Nice haircut, officer!

- Yep, the latest mode in town, explosive style.:rofl:

14986075681_DISPLAY.jpg

- Welcome on board, ladies.

14986075692_DISPLAY.jpg

There's enough room for everyone, even the cat.

14986075693_DISPLAY.jpg

- Okay, every on board, en route to Oleander colonies!

14986075704_DISPLAY.jpg

Aaaand a brief description of the main characters:

From left to right: Aresa, an amazon warrior; Eric LaGaufre, sergeant of Regiment de dragons du Roi; Motgris, a native warrior in the service of the King.

14986204771_DISPLAY.jpg

Captain Salades, officer of the Mardieran rear guard, who lost most of his men in action.

14986204772_DISPLAY.jpg

Capitaine Jacques Costaud, veteran of many battles and one of the finest seamen of Oleander navy.

14986204773_DISPLAY.jpg

Thanks for viewing, c&c are welcome!

PS: I took the photos early during the day but I was unable to post them any sooner, so, if there is any content in contradiction with the current development of the situation, just disregard it.:sweet:

Edited by Bodi

Good to see Oleon has begun to help the refugees from Malto. Let it be known that all refugees will be welcome in Blueton Colony.

Congrats to Oleon slipping past the Corries to tender aid to the refugees. Eslandola thanks you for your humanitarian effort!

As for the build, lovely ship! :wub: I love the general shape and period styling. The beach and dock are also well done. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Brandon Stark said:

Good to see Oleon has begun to help the refugees from Malto. Let it be known that all refugees will be welcome in Blueton Colony.

Better late than never. The transport heading to Blueton is expected to arrive soon.

2 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Congrats to Oleon slipping past the Corries to tender aid to the refugees. Eslandola thanks you for your humanitarian effort!

As for the build, lovely ship! :wub: I love the general shape and period styling. The beach and dock are also well done. :thumbup:

Thank you Capt Wolf! I shall state that our ship did not land in Malto, but in the north west end of the island.:grin:

The ship is an old one, the same I've posted in the moc forum a couple of months ago, slightly modified for this occasion.

Great move! The ship is awesome, especially the Beak - makes it really look like an old Galleon! Looking forward to where this goes! But I wonder - what happened to the horses and the Ox?

Great to see Oleon in this business too !

You built a very good vessel !

my only critism on this ship is that it could be greater with just some custom sails and rigging. Such a vessel deserves great sails and needs some ropes here and there IMO.

The Oleon vessel will not be alone around the area, as I was informed a MAESTRO Frigate is arriving soon (I had quite the same idea than you :pir-laugh:, my frigate is near to be ready !)

Well, Oleon help is very welcome and I hope we can work all together to help the Malto inhabitants !

Good job !

Edited by Faladrin

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

Thank you Capt Wolf! I shall state that our ship did not land in Malto, but in the north west end of the island.:grin:

Glad to see that you take notice of the island description.

There's enough room for everyone, even the cat.

What?! Are you catnapping Isla de Victorias wildlife? :tongue: What's next?

...the ship is totally defenseless, the guns have been removed, except two swivel-guns.:tongue: The only representatives of our armed force are the small scout team led by sergent Eric LaGaufre

(Sea) Rats?

Funny angling on how events can contribute to shape edgy fashion styles :laugh: Nice water

4 hours ago, Legostone said:

Great move! The ship is awesome, especially the Beak - makes it really look like an old Galleon! Looking forward to where this goes! But I wonder - what happened to the horses and the Ox?

Oh nooooo! We've left them behind! They should be at the beach now, let's have a look.

14986566011_DISPLAY.jpg

Okay, they look happy, they wave at us and built us a thumbs-up.:grin:

2 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Great to see Oleon in this business too !

You built a very good vessel !

my only critism on this ship is that it could be greater with just some custom sails and rigging. Such a vessel deserves great sails and needs some ropes here and there IMO.

The Oleon vessel will not be alone around the area, as I was informed a MAESTRO Frigate is arriving soon (I had quite the same idea than you :pir-laugh:, my frigate is near to be ready !)

Well, Oleon help is very welcome and I hope we can work all together to help the Malto inhabitants !

Good job !

Yes, you can expect to see Oleander presence in every intrigue humanitarian action.

Thank you for your kind comment and suggestion on the ship! 

I'm impatient to see your frigate.:wub:

Edited by Bodi

1 hour ago, Sir Stig said:

Glad to see that you take notice of the island description.

What?! Are you catnapping Isla de Victorias wildlife? :tongue: What's next?

(Sea) Rats?

Funny angling on how events can contribute to shape edgy fashion styles :laugh: Nice water

The cat belongs to a respectable Mardieran lady who gave us the grace to accompany us. 

The ship looks fairly defenseless to me.:pir_laugh2:

This fashion style should promote the development of gel industry.:rofl:

Aaaaaaand, that's how it is properly done! Averting humanitarian crises "by the book"! Gods bless Oleon! Great stuff Bodi, especially the ship! I liked that we love animals too. Cats, cows, horses, the occasional rat, you name it...

On 2017/6/29 at 2:36 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Aaaaaaand, that's how it is properly done! Averting humanitarian crises "by the book"! Gods bless Oleon! Great stuff Bodi, especially the ship! I liked that we love animals too. Cats, cows, horses, the occasional rat, you name it...

Thank you BD! So I think we can optimistically consider the first voyage of our Malto Express as a sucess, except the three solidiers left behind accidentally. :pir_laugh2:

3 hours ago, Bodi said:

...except the three solidiers left behind accidentally. :pir_laugh2:

One is a loner, Two are a couple, Three is a company! So no harm is done! :tongue: We will pick them up again in Malto Express version 2. There are lots more of those hardcore Mardierans that don't accept Eslandolan rule over the island.