hi everebody!
Today i would like to show you my new 4x4 pickup truck.
Specifications:
dependent suspension 
portal axles
2 buggy motors for drive(geared  13,8 :1)
1 M motor for steering
107 mm wheels
so,here it is
bi8GgUwVUGY.jpg

EmjGMxY1g2o.jpg

sBJ0DXy6jwg.jpg

q-d096K3Jio.jpg

and the video available here:

Edited by Toni-23

Typically people use L or XL motors for vehicles like this so it is interesting the use of two buggy motors.  What gearing did you use to improve the torque of the buggy motors?

I'm liking this a lot, it has a sense of purpose to it. Performance seems pretty good.

Wow it looks sweet!

Thanks a lot

2 hours ago, technic_addict said:

Typically people use L or XL motors for vehicles like this so it is interesting the use of two buggy motors.  What gearing did you use to improve the torque of the buggy motors?

gear ratio is 13,8:1(low speed output)
i think it's enough for this truck:)

23 minutes ago, grum64 said:

I'm liking this a lot, it has a sense of purpose to it. Performance seems pretty good.

thank you
am glad,that you like it!

It seems to run very smoothly over most terrain.

What is the purpose of the large linear actuators at the front?
Are they part of the steering, or used as variable length linkages for the suspension, or something else?

It looks cool, but depending on size it could be called Monster 4 x 4 offroad pickup :thumbup:

9 hours ago, Splat said:

It seems to run very smoothly over most terrain.

What is the purpose of the large linear actuators at the front?
Are they part of the steering, or used as variable length linkages for the suspension, or something else?

i use large linear actuators line linkages for the suspension.They longer,than classic lego links and provide more structural stiffness.

16 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

It looks cool, but depending on size it could be called Monster 4 x 4 offroad pickup :thumbup:

Thank you.

I think about that.But only with power puller wheels it can be looks like monster truck,because they wider,than wheels from 42054

2 hours ago, Toni-23 said:

i use large linear actuators line linkages for the suspension.They longer,than classic lego links and provide more structural stiffness.

Thank you.

I think about that.But only with power puller wheels it can be looks like monster truck,because they wider,than wheels from 42054

You're wellcome. About Powepullers you are right, so called BigFoot pickup like in U.S. shows is kind of monster 4 X 4 and PP wheels would be perfect in that case...

Edited by I_Igor

Funny.... I am actually working on a similar, but certainly not the same, project. 

When 42054 came out with the new wheels, I instantly thought of a.... what is called a "redneck" mudder here in the US.  LIke this....

hqdefault.jpg

And knew that I had to build one.  Been side-tracked with so many other projects and work.... haven't had a chance to finish but hopefully will soon.  Mine will be powered by hopefully two XL motors..... perhaps will be slow but I actually hope to film it doing what I want it to..... go through some gnarly muddy conditions.....

Yours is a fun little project.  I must say that using the actuators is different for links......did you also consider the 1x16 links?  They typically work very well for these applications. 

Only playable off-roader I've seen... the rest using PF motors are too sloooooooow...

alternative to buggy motors will have to be 3rd party motors for such models to be lively.

12 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

I must say that using the actuators is different for links......did you also consider the 1x16 links?  They typically work very well for these applications. 

So,it is good idea

But as for me 1x16 links are too flexible and elastic and axles can move left-right on high stress.Thats why i use large lineal actuators and beams like linkages.
behind little .Thanks to a slight backlash of gray pins, the suspension works well.

9 hours ago, PorkyMonster said:

alternative to buggy motors will have to be 3rd party motors for such models to be lively.

One day i used 3rd party motors(more powerful than baggy motor a little bit) in MOC,but lego receiver cant provide enough current for the motor and,i think, lego plastic is not designed for such loads:(