Outstanding! The exterior is impressive in its own right, but I did not expect the interior to be as beautifully detailed as it was! The lighting really takes it to another level too.

Wow, excellent work!  It should have probably gone in the Lego licensed forum, but I'm glad you posted it hear because I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

I really like the dollhouse-like approach to the interior.  Really gives it a "I can play with this thing" feeling, rather than simply being a showpiece.

Great idea. Good execution. I've been wanting to make my own Hogwarts, but after seeing Alice Finch's creation, I lost all hope. This is a great balance between display piece and play piece and the lighting does set a mood. I also was doing a Batcave/Wayne Manor MOC, but I like the Hogwarts idea in the dollhouse form even more. I may have to reconsider my stance on what I'm creating. My miniature version I'm working on is fun, but I like the play value incorporated here. And all of the details work really well that would get lost in translation in the mini form. The stairwell and paintings look spot on. I think my head always has to use stairs and "realistic" avenues of movement in the building, which doesn't work out well in the end due to scaling. This format using the stairwell (because it is essential to a Hogwarts) and then the other rooms next to each other to incorporate a sense of play vs where they would really be in the castle works well. I need to let down my mindblocks and look to the play value. Well done!

Fantastic MOC - great choice of scale and detail.

It really captures the feel of the place with your lighting and little vignettes 

Thank you guys! :D

On 28/6/2017 at 1:11 AM, TheLegoDr said:

Great idea. Good execution. I've been wanting to make my own Hogwarts, but after seeing Alice Finch's creation, I lost all hope. This is a great balance between display piece and play piece and the lighting does set a mood. I also was doing a Batcave/Wayne Manor MOC, but I like the Hogwarts idea in the dollhouse form even more. I may have to reconsider my stance on what I'm creating. My miniature version I'm working on is fun, but I like the play value incorporated here. And all of the details work really well that would get lost in translation in the mini form. The stairwell and paintings look spot on. I think my head always has to use stairs and "realistic" avenues of movement in the building, which doesn't work out well in the end due to scaling. This format using the stairwell (because it is essential to a Hogwarts) and then the other rooms next to each other to incorporate a sense of play vs where they would really be in the castle works well. I need to let down my mindblocks and look to the play value. Well done!

Thank you very much! Your words encourage me to continue creating creations of this type, and I encourage you to create your own Hogwarts since it is not necessary to create castles as big as Alice Finch to do something good and creating constructions of this size also focus on that Are playable and do not exceed in size. Regards!

Edited by ETELENZOS92

Those interior scenes are beautiful. The photography adds a lot to the atmosphere. So well done!