Currently I am working on a new Lego project (large scale Duesenberg SJ) and while waiting for a few exotic parts I decided to update my small Harley Davidson collection with a model I have had in mind for a while; a custom softail with classic springer frontend.

The colors and plated parts are inspired by the Chicano style lowriders I often admire in Magazines. I just love these wild rides with an extreme attention to detail. These types of bikes can be seen with fantastic artwork and completely engraved engines and accessories.

This 1:10 model has many customized parts as well. All Lego ABS parts are plated with true chrome and gold, at an industrial ‘plating on plastics’ factory. Some Lego parts cannot be electro-plated (non-ABS) and are therefor sprayed, like the Technic connectors and 75 mm front wheel. Silicone cables are used for the front brake and clutch cable.  

I nicknamed it “last of the wilds” as it will probably take a while before I have time to build a new one.

35526420655_8dc23438e7_b.jpg

35395788081_083da70534_b.jpg

35395787631_d33c393c05_b.jpg

35359186402_df8b5e6814_b.jpg

This seems to be one the best looking Lego motorcycles.

Front end with handlebars are my favorite part of the build.

Where are those springs coming from?

I am not sure about foot rests, they does not seem to "flow" as nicely as the rest of the bike. Maybe 1x3 tile instead of 1x4?

It looks like this model is made for display in the living room :wub:

8 hours ago, Milan said:

This seems to be one the best looking Lego motorcycles.

Front end with handlebars are my favorite part of the build.

Where are those springs coming from?

I am not sure about foot rests, they does not seem to "flow" as nicely as the rest of the bike. Maybe 1x3 tile instead of 1x4?

Thnx.

The springs come my toolshed :-)

The footrest are as untypical as the rest of the bike, designed after the first heritage softails who had massive steps as well. All is thought off as usual :-)

Edited by Bricksonwheels

18 hours ago, Bricksonwheels said:

All Lego ABS parts are plated with true chrome and gold, at an industrial ‘plating on plastics’ factory.

You have taken it to completely different level :) No words to describe the model.

STUNNING!

Your attention to detail is amazing as is the quality of the chromework. 

Excellent work.

excellent "front" look, sprongs and handlebars making great job... it's good to see Your next HD :)  

Wow, I didn't even know those chrome plated parts existed. This is so good, when I saw it for the first time im like "Why is a picture of a motorbike posted in the Lego fourms?" So Awesome!

Edding the springs is a very nice touch. Looks good. One of your best so far. Nice to see that you slowly evolve your motorcycles by edding better details.

I don't know that much about motorcycles, but both handlebars / hand brakes are the same. The brake line is on top on the right one and at the bottom on the left one. If that is correct, than it's fine, but it is just something I noticed :)

The chrome and gold chrome really make it pop, but this is not the first bike your made like this. Nice work Buddy!

11 hours ago, barman said:

Edding the springs is a very nice touch. Looks good. One of your best so far. Nice to see that you slowly evolve your motorcycles by edding better details.

I don't know that much about motorcycles, but both handlebars / hand brakes are the same. The brake line is on top on the right one and at the bottom on the left one. If that is correct, than it's fine, but it is just something I noticed :)

The chrome and gold chrome really make it pop, but this is not the first bike your made like this. Nice work Buddy!

Thnx buddy!

On your comment: I guess the detail is hidden on the pictures, although it can be seen in the last picture. The clutch cable (left) extends to the gearbox. The right brake cable is going to the front wheels as can be seen.

Absolutely wonderful!!! It's split of two of my favourite things - Lego and classic morcycles! Looks very convincingly, everything is on it's place - springer fork, engine, bags , I love such realism.  Great work, and great idea with chrome

Edited by Marishka