Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

WTC Pax Corlandia

Dear Sirs, and Madams shareholders,

Wayfarer Trading Company, hereby referred to as WTC, hereby launches relief efforts as part of operation Pax Corlandia. The Ship, WTC Beacon, loaded with relief supplies, has set a course for the ruined settlement of Malto. 

WTC will help make sure that the new settlement of Nova Malto, stays free. In the name of Commerce for all company's and nations, Nova Malto must stay free.

Regards,

Captain Mesabi

CEO of Wayfarer Trading Company

The wind blew Wayfarer Trading Company Accountant Darby Tyler's hair, as he leaned over the side, having finished vomiting.

35498337495_9e7cf0cdb9_z.jpgNova Malto by North White, on Flickr

The WTC Beacon swayed gently in the breeze. It was another sunny sea day. 

35367606581_b31ba07c1a_z.jpgNova Malto by North White, on Flickr

A seagull landed on the railing. "We'll be reaching land soon!" yelled the helmsman

35331221102_71e074813a_z.jpgNova Malto by North White, on Flickr

Darby walked into the captain's Cabin, where Captain Mesabi and Lt. Isaac stood.

34688545083_33d3b0e955_z.jpgNova Malto by North White, on Flickr

"You finished?" Asked Captain Mesabi

"I don't know how you people do this, I feel so ill." replied Darby

"Cheer up mate! We'll be hitting land soon." said Lt. Isaac

"Yes! And then we will help those poor wretches of Mardien blood, and they will treat us as their saviors! And  WTC will make lots of money off this endeavour." Said Captain Mesabi cheerily

"How exactly will this pay off our massive debt to Brickwolf and the bank of Corrington?" Asked Darby skeptically

"Simple! it's a threefold strategy. The Queen is subsidizing this operation, WTC will have the first foothold in Malto, and grave robbing!" Answered Captain Mesabi

"I..." Darby was speechless.

"Oh, that reminds me, I went over our cargo manifest, and we forgot shovels." Said Lt. Isaac.

"Bah! Does anything ever go right?" Yelled Captain Mesabi

35111807120_08928f9928_z.jpgNova Malto by North White, on Flickr

FIN

With the WTC Beacon having anchored close off shore, the First Relief Division marched its way along the road into Malto

Smoke was in the air, and fallen soldiers lined the road into the city. Soon they reached the gate,

35331222812_9ac0c66f62_z.jpgNova Malto by North White, on Flickr

Nearby, a mass grave was being filled with bodies

35111807700_511dfd6cd9_z.jpgNova Malto by North White, on Flickr

"Alright Darby, make a note of that spot. We'll come back tonight" Said Captain Mesabi gleefully

"Captain, even if I wasn't outraged by this, as it is not only an affront to minifigkind, the Gods, and what Corrington stands for, I'm fairly certain they took the valuables off the bodies before they buried them." Answered Darby

"Oh." Captain Mesabi replied

The company entered the gate

35111807920_1c57506ce8_z.jpgNova Malto by North White, on Flickr

The acrid smell of smoke wafted through the air. The scene was one of chaos, a carriage had crashed into the gate, and had been half stripped for firewood. The Garrison was half collapsed, having been hit by cannonfire. A large bonfire took up the street, where a horse was being roasted.

34688546613_4e1f122f4b_z.jpgNova Malto by North White, on Flickr

"Did I ever tell you I had to eat horse? Was back during the war. Oleon raided our supplies, so we had to make do. So we ate horses. I tell you, there's nothing better than roast horse after a long battle." Said Captain Mesabi, wistfully

"I think I have to vomit again." Answered Darby

"Honestly, how is that even possible, that's all you did on the voyage over!" Replied Captain Mesabi

The Residents of Malto eyed them suspiciously as they walked through the ruined city, but did nothing.

34688546023_0edb0b2dec_z.jpgNova Malto by North White, on Flickr

"Hades! They're starving!" Muttered Darby

"Well, remember, you can't give malnourished people a bunch of food, no matter how hungry they are. It'll kill them. Saw that in the war, one company got separated, ran out of horses, and when they came back, they ate a bunch a food and got sick. Couple died." Replied Captain Mesabi

"You're a fount of knowledge, Sir." Said Lt. Isaac.

"Come on, we'll set up in the Inn." Said Captain Mesabi

The three walked into the Royal Blue Inn, while the rest of the troops set up guard outside. A woman sat weeping over a coffin

35111807480_98327d46e1_z.jpgNova Malto by North White, on Flickr

"Let's see, maybe they have a table upstairs. If not, we'll use the coffin." Said Captain Mesabi

The Woman sobbed harder.

The three found a table upstairs. Darby rolled out some maps and papers.

34688544473_3812a08e4a_z.jpgNova Malto by North White, on Flickr

"Alright, now the real work begins." Said Captain Mesabi

FIN

It was a week later, and the three sat at a desk, poring over papers.

35331221092_ce1f9b93d9_z.jpgNova Malto by North White, on Flickr

"Men, I think we're off to a good start." Said Captain Mesabi

"We've got a fort established and the city is being rebuilt. They're calling it Nova Malto." Said Lt. Isaac

"I coined that." Said Captain Mesabi smugly

"How did we build a fort so fast?" Asked Darby

"Simple, we built over the old one, and starving people are highly motivated." Replied Captain Mesabi

"Wait what?" 

Outside, work continued, with supplies being sorted and stored.

34688546603_a05637566c_z.jpgNova Malto by North White, on Flickr

Below the three, a Mardien Chef prepared dinner.

35458910576_fc3923bd08_z.jpgNova Malto by North White, on Flickr

And from the walls of the fort, a soldier kept watch, assuring that anyone who threatened the people of Malto, would be stopped.

35458910956_61a7bec386_z.jpgNova Malto by North White, on Flickr

FIN

Thanks for viewing my trio of builds for Operation Pax Corlandia. I don't know what to license the ship as (any suggestions?) The Wall of Malto we be licensed as a large Artisan, the fort as medium fort. C&C appreciated

Great looking ship! The custom hull is very neat, and with more effort on detailing and overall shaping, the result could be even better. The stern is very good, I like the slope part on the railings.

The fort is very well built too, massive and well armed.

10 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Dear Sirs, and Madams shareholders,

Wayfarer Trading Company, hereby referred to as WTC, hereby launches relief efforts as part of operation Pax Corlandia. The Ship, WTC Beacon, loaded with relief supplies, has set a course for the ruined settlement of Malto. 

WTC will help make sure that the new settlement of Nova Malto, stays free. In the name of Commerce for all company's and nations, Nova Malto must stay free.

Regards,

Captain Mesabi

To Captain Mesabi, CEO of the Wayfarer Trading Company,

I have recently sent a letter to Don Isaac Montoya in his capacity as a representative of Corrington, but felt I should also reply directly to you and the WTC.

If your intentions in this matter are truly humanitarian for the refugees of Malto as you say, and you wish to avoid all semblence of politics in the issue, Eslandola proposes that the city of Nova Malto be truly free, administrated and defended by the refugees themselves as an NPC free city. Is this acceptable to the WTC?

I eagerly await your reply.

Gov. Willem Guilder
Member of the Continental Council of Eslandola

To all concerned, 

While the Crown of Corrington appreciates all efforts to improve relations, her Royal Majesty would like to emphasise that all negotiations are to be conducted with her Royal Majesty's official representatives, and, in turn, that she expects her subjects to adhere to official agreements. 

Sincerely, 

Don Isaac Montoya

Consul 

Corrington 

OOC: Very cool builds, Mesabi - definitely some of your best yet! Also, it is nice to see new members taking part in collaborative activities and getting involved in IC communications(the above IC message is not a rebuffal) and the IC world of BoBs. 

As I said elsewhere, I really like the wall build, with the damages to both gate and walls, the damaged carts and burning wreckage and the different scenes you have included. The fort is really nice too, and I like how it looks like it's built into the cliffs. The inclusion of a barracks with an interior is a great addition. 

Apart from some polishing(some tiles perhaps, and some more details here and there), I think these builds are really well executed. I would still like to have an overview pictures of each of them, though. ;) 

The ship is actually pretty nice too. Much improved from the first wip shots I saw, and as I said elsewhere, i am really impressed you went with a custom hull so early! Well done! If I am to give you three things to work on for the next ship these would be it:

1) I would suggest integrating the cabin more into the hull. It is a personal preference for realism, as I am aware Lego tends to have cabins placed on top of the hull like here. :) I think it makes for more elegant ships. 

2) If you feel up for the challenge, you can try using string for the standing rigging (stays, shrouds). It is a lot more flexible and can really improve the look of a moc. There are quite a few examples of that amongst the ships of BoBs, if you need inspiration. :) 

3) Again, I am impressed, as you have used custom sails. Although a bit rudimentary, you are off to a good start. I'd suggest taking a look at some pictures of real rigs as some of your proportions are a bit off. 

Overall, though, this is criticism on a fairly high level, especially considering how new you are in our ranks! Well done and keep up the great work! :) 

I enjoyed the read, the story is well thought and your dialogues show a fine sense of humor. I also like the way you took the pictures, with the structures reaching to the frame so it appears like a section of a greater layout.

But seriously, did you sacrifice a finerib vest for those sails? 

Edited by Jacob Nion

@Mesabi A nice, big MOC, full of little surprises! Nicely angled photos too! I guess EVERYBODY and their mothers are eager to help the refugees... At least we are all humanitarians after all :tongue:

5 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

To Captain Mesabi, CEO of the Wayfarer Trading Company,

I have recently sent a letter to Don Isaac Montoya in his capacity as a representative of Corrington, but felt I should also reply directly to you and the WTC.

If your intentions in this matter are truly humanitarian for the refugees of Malto as you say, and you wish to avoid all semblence of politics in the issue, Eslandola proposes that the city of Nova Malto be truly free, administrated and defended by the refugees themselves as an NPC free city. Is this acceptable to the WTC?

I eagerly await your reply.

Gov. Willem Guilder
Member of the Continental Council of Eslandola

To Gov. Willem Guilder

Unfortunately, due to recent events, Wayfarer Trading Corporation, hereby referred to as WTC, has been forced to instead ramp up troops in Nova Malto.

As an unknown saboteur has destroyed the WTC Wolf's Blood, WTC has no choice but to increase our military presence in a hunt for the saboteur, and to prevent future terrorist actions from occurring. We do not know what nation these fugitives hail from, so all must be suspect, including Corrington.

Additionally, all ships entering and leaving Nova Malto must be inspected, to prevent future incidents.

We know that if a similar incident had happened on your soil, you would too would be forced to take these actions. 

WTC would appreciate all efforts in finding the saboteur or saboteurs. We know for certain they have not escaped Nova Malto. They must be caught, and brought to justice.

Regards,

Captain Mesabi,

1 minute ago, Mesabi said:

To Gov. Willem Guilder

Unfortunately, due to recent events, Wayfarer Trading Corporation, hereby referred to as WTC, has been forced to instead ramp up troops in Nova Malto.

As an unknown saboteur has destroyed the WTC Wolf's Blood, WTC has no choice but to increase our military presence in a hunt for the saboteur, and to prevent future terrorist actions from occurring. We do not know what nation these fugitives hail from, so all must be suspect, including Corrington.

Additionally, all ships entering and leaving Nova Malto must be inspected, to prevent future incidents.

We know that if a similar incident had happened on your soil, you would too would be forced to take these actions. 

WTC would appreciate all efforts in finding the saboteur or saboteurs. We know for certain they have not escaped Nova Malto. They must be caught, and brought to justice.

Regards,

Captain Mesabi,

Dear Captain Mesabi,

Eslandola will send assistance immediately. We are here to help.

Sincerely,

Gov. Guilder

A despatch from the Corlander commandant arrives posthaste to be read out in all corners of Nova Malto. 

"To the representatives of Eslandola and WTC, and anyone else contemplating intervention. 

Any troops, be they national, militia, mercenary or any other military capacity, will be denied access to the city, and failure to accept this demand will be met with deadly force. 

The garrison has orders to maintain the neutrality of the city with any means, and until ordered otherwise, we shall follow these orders till our dying breath, duty-bound to Her Royal Majesty, our beloved Queen Anetta. 

The status of Nova Malto is to be decided through proper diplomatic channels, not by the logic of force, and no Corlander or Eslandian citizen is to act in contrary to such. 

The troops at Nova Malto has no wish to be part in a diplomatic incident, nor no wish to shed blood. But by the Gods, if we are forced to do so, we will be relentless! 

Major William Bradley 

Commander 

Nova Malto"