Dramatis Personae:

Spoiler

30289638426_7c7d05c7d0_m.jpg Sinbad - captain of the Priest's Bounty 

35262170231_d59d644c48_m.jpg Francis Fheng - captain of no ship currently

35262168181_9df5f3ab57_m.jpg Sulu - captain of the Golden Dragon 

35262166171_b2b9d4a85c_m.jpg Ching Shih - captain of the Viper 

34548876494_ffd8a738d1_m.jpg Jamie Redd - captain of the Tigerlily 

35352317036_1ec6445c0b_m.jpg Jack Rodgers - captain of the Clearance 

34548873864_804e6de50b_m.jpg Gerald Scott - captain of the Queen Annetta's Price 

35004703550_1f1e195fc7_m.jpg Chen Po - captain of the Morning Fog 

34548872204_94c9ffe68a_m.jpg Annie Wren - captain of the Bombastic Pete 

35352315506_f2439b5b38_m.jpg Benjamin Dobbs - captain of the Warped Wood 

34548870504_502d68c1da_m.jpg Tom Howell - captain of the Pineapple Revenge 

35352314826_1a239cbfa9_m.jpg Jay Featherstone - captain of the Darting Frog 

BoBS Make a Choice

It was not a normal day in the Blue Lantern pub. With the absence of Captains Li and Cho Fang as well as Captain Fheng there was a power void among the pirates that frequented Rassilon.

BoBS Make a Choice

Captain Sulu, captain of the Golden Dragon was already famous for capturing many prizes. A number of the other captains were leaning towards making him their leader.

35262168181_9df5f3ab57_t.jpg Captain Sulu

BoBS Make a Choice

Captain Ching Shih had sailed for Li Fang for many months taking control of La Oleon when she was first captured and then The Viper after Li Fang died. Quite a few captains favored Shih.

35262166171_b2b9d4a85c_t.jpg Captain Shih

BoBS Make a Choice

The pub had not been closed to local traffic, but most citizens knew better than to try to enter while the captains were vying for power. So when Sinbad strolled in it was met with some surprise.

BoBS Make a Choice

Everyone turned to watch him as he bought a drink and then raised it for a toast. "To the pirate captains!" he shouted. No one raised their glass. Sinbad just cocked an eyebrow and took a swig.

34661907585_0bb15c06fb_t.jpg "You may be wondering why I'm here," Sinbad asked. "Well, it's to make a business proposition."

BoBS Make a Choice

Just then another man walked into the pub. There was a gasp heard throughout the room. At first glance it had seemed that Captain Fheng was back from the dead. The man held an uncanny resemblance to the former captain.

34724341923_df3a8391cf_t.jpg He said, "Whatever this scum has to offer you can wait. I am Captain Fheng's son, Francis Fheng and I have come to claim the right of Pirate Lord among you. Many of you sailed under my father's colors, now I've come to ask you to sail under mine. My father wanted to show the 'civilized' world how wrong they are for trying to tax and enslave us. We were meant to live as free men and I intend to sail against anyone who says otherwise. Who's with me!?!"

BoBS Make a Choice

As Francis was finishing his rousing speech Sinbad walked up to him and said: 

34661907585_0bb15c06fb_t.jpg "Excuse me, I don't like being called scum."

34724341923_df3a8391cf_t.jpg "You, you sailed with my father. Yet you weren't there when he died. That makes you scum and not worth my time."

34661907585_0bb15c06fb_t.jpg "Well you better make time. You see, it doesn't benefit me if everyone here sails under your colors. So I'm going to give you a choice."

BoBS Make a Choice

Sinbad pulled out a coin.

34724341923_df3a8391cf_t.jpg "What are you getting on about?"

34661907585_0bb15c06fb_t.jpg "It's simple. We are all here by our own choice. I'm not making you stay or go. That's your choice. But I'm telling you that you better choose to leave."

34724341923_df3a8391cf_t.jpg "Son, you're crazy! Get out of my way."

BoBS Make a Choice

Sinbad pulled out a pistol and everyone gasped.

34661907585_0bb15c06fb_t.jpg "Alright, if you won't make the choice. I'll make it for you. I'm going to flip this coin. If it lands as heads, I'll let you leave alive. If it lands tails you'll be leaving to go meet Davy Jones."

BoBS Make a Choice

Before anyone could react Sinbad had thrown the coin in the air. He caught it and looked at it.

34661907585_0bb15c06fb_t.jpg "Heads. You're lucky day."

Francis Fheng turned and fled the pub.

BoBS Make a Choice

Sinbad turned to address the captains.

34661907585_0bb15c06fb_t.jpg "As I was saying before. I have a business proposition for you all."

BoBS Make a Choice

He walked back to the bag he had left and the counter and took it to one of the tables. All the pirates gathered around him, their former vying for power forgotten.

34661907585_0bb15c06fb_t.jpg "All of you sailed under Captain Fheng before his untimely death. As you know, he died fighting for what he believed in. That was his choice. I'm asking you to elect me as your Pirate Lord and to sail for something even better than beliefs."

"And what's that?" shouted one of the captains.

BoBS Make a Choice

34661907585_0bb15c06fb_t.jpg "Gold. There's lot more where this came from. I have it stored in safe location for now, but Freddy can validate my wealthy. He helped me bring it back for the forsaken island we found it on. Make me captain of the Priest's Bounty and elect me as your leader and I promise to make you all rich beyond your wildest dreams!"

BoBS Make a Choice

It was a unanimousmus vote. Sinbad was now Pirate Lord of all pirate captains in Rassilon.

Aha... power struggles, colorful characters, and a really good interior build. I know you've used them before, but those brown cross-brace pieces are perfect for this type of scene. And while the random studs on the floor seem a little odd at first glance, I appreciate the effort you've put into creating an aged textured look. I also like those big discs as tables, and the lanterns look nice. The variety of minifigs is cool and your photos are excellent. This promises to be an interesting story. :thumbup:

One question - is the last sentence supposed to say:

31 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

It was a unanimous vote. Sinbad was now Pirate Lord of all pirate captains in Rassilon.

Great story, and I love that cross-braced support piece in the walls of the tavern build. :thumbup:

Also, Captain Dee beat me to the question.

2 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Aha... power struggles, colorful characters, and a really good interior build. I know you've used them before, but those brown cross-brace pieces are perfect for this type of scene. And while the random studs on the floor seem a little odd at first glance, I appreciate the effort you've put into creating an aged textured look. I also like those big discs as tables, and the lanterns look nice. The variety of minifigs is cool and your photos are excellent. This promises to be an interesting story. :thumbup:

One question - is the last sentence supposed to say:

Thank you for catching that! You are correct and I have changed the sentence.

Cool way to start your Chapter 2!

Sinbad is already on his way to become the next most notorious pirate of the Brick Seas :wink:

3 hours ago, Maxim I said:

Cool way to start your Chapter 2!

Sinbad is already on his way to become the next most notorious pirate of the Brick Seas :wink:

Hold your horses here; you mean second most notorious.

Great story and nice build! You made me want to frequent the Blue Lantern one of these days.

Great group of pirate captains and neat story, MKJ! - and even if he didn't make it out very well, I must admit that Francis Fheng is a really cool fig! :pir-grin:  Those lanterns are some great details as well! :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Maxim I said:

2 hours ago, Jacob Nion said:

Hold your horses here; you mean second most notorious.

:laugh: :rofl:

Me ! I oppose ! This man is already married !

er... hum... /cough cough *huh*

Arf, it's not a wedding... and you bunch of scum, you're not bridesmaids... :sceptic:

sorry it's a mistake...

/leaving the pub

Iauln !! Take the rods, we're going fishing !

Spoiler

That's a nice pub.. I like these walls

good idea for the broom :wink:

Fine story. That's the way to become a / the pirate lord :pir_laugh2:

And I like the studded approach to the tiled floor. A nice variation of an old topic.

Nice collection of scallawags there! :pir-grin:  Seriously, you've got some cool pirate figs.  The floor looks great with the studs too - gives it some good texture and lets you place minifigs easily! :thumbup:   Great use of the scaffolding on the walls too!