Sign in to follow this  
jlassen

Most Unique versions of a character?

Why Stephanie?

Why is Stephanie the most prolific of Non-licensed* Unique minfig/mindolls, with 32?!

https://brickset.com/minifigs/name-Stephanie

I guess it has to do with the popularity of the theme, right? But come on. My kids and I are not big fans of Stephanie, tbh.  When there are more unique versions of Stephanie then there are of Han Solo, something is wrong.  I'm just saying.

The next most popular non-liscended character is Jay from Nijago. Maybe with the new movie coming out, Jay will surpass Stephanie next year?  We'll see...

Personally, I'd like see Elves go deeper and bigger then Friends. My 6 year old has migrated from friends to Elves, so I'm biased, but.... :)

*licensed character leaders include exactly whom you would expect. Batman, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo.  "Clone Trooper" wins, hands down, if you want to count him as one character.  :)

17 hours ago, jlassen said:

I guess it has to do with the popularity of the theme, right? But come on. My kids and I are not big fans of Stephanie, tbh.  When there are more unique versions of Stephanie then there are of Han Solo, something is wrong.  I'm just saying.

Why is it wrong for them to do this? She is one of the key Friends characters and in Friends, the characters are named. Whereas you could count the number of un-named generic firemen or policemen in City and come up with a much larger number.

And although there are a number of variants, remember that some of these differ by just using a bow or a hat, or swapping one colour skirt for another but keeping the torso the same (or very similar, here there are two verisons due to the white line printing). So the bricklink convention and thus counting them takes into account the headgear accessories. Such as ...

frnd102.pngfrnd028.pngfrnd008.pngfrnd201.pngfrnd136.pngfrnd171.pngfrnd002.pngfrnd143.pngfrnd157.png