Hello, JBB_777 and welcome to the forums!

I have to say, fantastic job here this is a difficult ship to design and you have captured it perfectly with the slopes and snot.

The only thing I can think of to improve is to get rid of the plate undersides. Maybe, you could make the wings with solid bricks to fix the issue there but I am not sure about the lower fuselage.

Kind regards, Ellis.

Thanks. Good to hear you all like it. 

21 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

The only thing I can think of to improve is to get rid of the plate undersides. Maybe, you could make the wings with solid bricks to fix the issue there but I am not sure about the lower fuselage.

I agree with you Ellisss, the underside is not as smooth as I would like it to be. The underside of the fuselage would be quite difficult, but the wings would be doable. Doing the wings with solid bricks also offers the opportunity to make a realistic hole for the spherical turrets. I will consider it. 

Wonderful model, I love all openings, very good work, and the picture of the hangar is superb! :wub:

Edited by Cyh Naan

Wooh. You really did a great job on the shape. :wub:

A stunning version of the Republic Gunship. :thumbup:

Just one word: WOW :wub:

This is such a beauty, outstanding shape and scaling. Just too "bad" that it doesn't match perfectly the minifigure scale's size (how many clones can fit in the troopbay by the way ?)

And thank you so much for sharing instructions and part list :classic:

This is very good scaled down version.  You captured the the rounded edges and a lot of the details that the ship has. I really like the nose, as that is always the hardest part to design. and you got the doors to close perfectly together to make a seamless fit. Very nice, I wonder if I had added any inspiration??:grin:

18 minutes ago, Smitty500 said:

Thanks for liking my version. I really like your version as well. Also scrolled through the other models there. I love them all. Superb B-wing. As a matter of fact your Gunship inspired me to build mine. 

Nice. Some really superb areas, the front ball cannons are very cleverly done. I do think that overall it is a bit chubby though. Slightly larger wings and a sleeker or larger fuselage would really aid the proportions of this which are already quite good. The rounded hull botom is also well done

A very good model.

Could use some studless techniques on the bottom and under wings but still - very, very good. Congratulations!

10 hours ago, legoSWfan said:

how many clones can fit in the troopbay by the way ?

Nine clones fit in the troopbay. Plus two pilots and two more in the front bay makes a grand total of 13 clones. 

IMG_1354.PNG.dee313be14a4ec7da5002b7cf0d6e739.PNG

The Republic Gunship was probably the set I wanted most when I was a kid, and now this creation is probably what I want to build most right now! You did an amazing job recreating the heavy and powerful feeling of the ship.

i think that's because you managed to accentuate how filled it is, with those beautiful curves near the bottom almost suggesting like the ship  is sagging through because of all of the weight inside. At the same time you incorporate all of that masterfully in the rest of the model with hardly any seem in sight, indicating that even though the ship is loaded, it won't be failing any time soon. This is no accident as you did exactly the same thing with the front cannons, making sure the huge impact of them is properly absorbed through that wonderful ring, and with the great integration of the engines in the body instead of them just precariously balancing on the top of the ship. And I love how you angled the hind of the ship instead of doing it with slope bricks to keep it so smooth. Incredible how you concentrated on those curves and their integration to truly capture the spirit of the ship: that's a great eye you have! Not that you neglected the other aspects of the ship though: I love the texturing achieved with the half plate offsets, the great use of that Technic curved piece in the front and surprisingly accurate color patterns to give some subtle but very welcome variation to all of the smoothness. My favorite has to be the door panel in the back though. All of it makes for a creation that's spot on despite its modest size. Especially the front view looks like the real thing where your curves really get to shine!

I don't think there are a lot of improvements possible on this model that has both the looks and the playability (I just love how neatly an seemingly strongly everything comes together in the LDD model!) with even the detail of having different controls in the different cockpits. I just think that the shape of the doors could be a bit more accurate by extending the hindmost part with a stud to the top. It looks like you have the space to do it and the model would be more accurate and interesting for it. And while I couldn't find a good reference picture of it so I can't say anything about accuracy, changing the smooth tube of the missiles to something with some more ridges like a Technic axle connector (which you could connect with a 1x1 round plate with bar on top) could give the missiles a more interesting texture so that it's more in tune with the other technical components with great textures like the back of the engines. And maybe replacing the cockpit pieces with something like part 84954 would allow you to embed the cockpits more as well just like the rest of the ship and make it stand out even more from the other iterations, but I fear that would be a lot of reworking and might destroy some of the loveliness of the current creation.

So, brilliant job, and thinks for bringing the child in me back!

9223072399_3ef10becf7_o.png

Blogged!

Wow, thanks BEAVeR. I feel flattered right now. I will give your improvements advice a thought. I have three of them build right now at home (one for each of my sons). Come play with them if you ever travel north (Rotterdam area). Lets bring the real kid in you back then ;-).

As usual I don't get to write anything fancy because BEAVeR once again nailed my thoughts. Congratz!