msx80

[Software] BrickyFab, upload your LDD models to Sketchfab

From (another) rib of Blueprint, another program was born! I hereby offer you:

BrickyFab

upload your LDD models to Sketchfab.

How it works:

Just open the program, load an LDD model , enter your Sketchfab API, add some descriptions and tags and click Upload.

Features:

• Single click interface, remembers your key and tags.
  • Share your models around with Sketchfab fine embedded visualizer (works in Facebook too!)
  • etc

Requirements:

Disclaimer:

Use at your own risk, i decline any responsability for anything that may happen to you using the program.

Donation:

Should you like the program and you feel like, you can donate any amount of money here: https://www.paypal.me/msx80 thanks in advance!

Download:

Download the latest version here!

Screenshot:

Ho6a57p.png

See some 3d models here!

Changelog:

0001:

• first release!

Edited by msx80

This is Tubular! Could make it easier to render it in other programs as well with this thank you! Will try it out.

Edit: This is perfect! If you go into Post Processing Filters and turn on SSAO + Grain, Sharpness it looks even more real. Only thing I recommend is a replace decal feature so you don't have to download it and then re-upload it to change basic decals.

Edited by LegoAcklay

28 minutes ago, LegoAcklay said:

This is Tubular! Could make it easier to render it in other programs as well with this thank you! Will try it out.

Edit: This is perfect! If you go into Post Processing Filters and turn on SSAO + Grain, Sharpness it looks even more real. Only thing I recommend is a replace decal feature so you don't have to download it and then re-upload it to change basic decals.

Thanks! (i had to look up what tubular means :P) Have you published some building? I don't see new models in there :)

33 minutes ago, msx80 said:

Thanks! (i had to look up what tubular means :P) Have you published some building? I don't see new models in there :)

Just another way to say cool in slang form ahah. Not published it yet just going to mess around with the decals first. Almost all my LDD stuff has decals so need to change things first haha.

What's exacly the problem with decals? BrickyFab should upload them correctly in most cases. Or are you using custom ones?

2 hours ago, msx80 said:

What's exacly the problem with decals? BrickyFab should upload them correctly in most cases. Or are you using custom ones?

Yep custom ones. Think I need to replace them in the file or edit it in something like 3Ds Max/Blender then re-upload for the main one I was thinking of uploading. Found a old Endor Mini LDD though which I just tested now: https://sketchfab.com/models/5a63359fbf4c46c494b66e7e804a1cd7

Edit:

Another test Maleficent Dragon guarding the Castle:

https://sketchfab.com/models/752e3a8ff2014e5c9e111099df6731c2

Edit 2:

First Test with Custom Textures: (replacing names in the file downloaded from Sketchfab)

https://sketchfab.com/models/1f13819b1dbd46238c00f2197ad9fc8d

Edit 3:

I'm getting a error on two of my models: Might be due to a part or decal that does not work not sure.

http://imgur.com/Ij8V18u

Edited by LegoAcklay

Awesome models! :) I like a little less 3d effects on mine but they're supercool nonetheless :P

The error probably regards unsupported format, i think it only eats jpg and/or png.

I need to test it but i'm pretty sure BrickyFab support custom decals just like Blueprint.

17 hours ago, msx80 said:

Awesome models! :) I like a little less 3d effects on mine but they're supercool nonetheless :P

The error probably regards unsupported format, i think it only eats jpg and/or png.

I need to test it but i'm pretty sure BrickyFab support custom decals just like Blueprint.

Ty, The error appeared when directly uploading the normal file with just LDD decals not sure if some of them might be jpeg in the files made they are usually png. Maybe I should send over the LDD file so you can check it out if it crashes for you.

Ok I found out that some LDD decorations don't work with BrickyFab such as the decorations on 98138 (eye decorations) which give the error. If I remove the decorations within LDD it lets me upload the file (but of course it makes the model weird without having the decorations). What do you think is causing it do you think it might be resolutions, size, file type or something of how LDD handles the brick/decoration? I'm guessing LDD might have different types of image files

Full error message:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown image type 0
    at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at blueprint.brickyfab.a.a(Unknown Source)
    at blueprint.brickyfab.a.a(Unknown Source)
    at blueprint.brickyfab.BrickyFab.a(Unknown Source)
    at blueprint.brickyfab.BrickyFab.b(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Edit.

Also do you think Showing optional LEGO Logos on the studs is easily possible? Probably via bump-mapping or normal mapping.

Some other ideas:

• Available HQ bricks used to upload to Sketchfab (if not already)
  • Normal/bump maps such as on slope bricks
  • Optional Dust/smudge textures randomly over bricks
  • Optional curved display baseplate with editable rotation co-ordinates(default white, place under lowest brick so you can take good screenshots)
Edited by LegoAcklay
add new points

Hi guys,
msx80, many thanks for the awesome program that is BrickyFab.
Unfortunately, after not using it for the last 6 months, I tried running it today and it could not upload successfully any of my models. Is it still running for you guys? 
I can show you the exception stacktrace if it helps.
Thanks!