Sign in to follow this  
jameseilers

[MOC] Imperial Patrol Skiff + Speeder Bikes

I posted a WIP of this project a while back and I was finally able to finish up the model and order all of the parts. 

The patrol skiff is from the comic book version of Heir to the Empire. The skiff is used to insert a stormtrooper squad alongside the 74-Z speeder bike scout team to provide a more robust presence. 

35319258081_978ce26ef8.jpg

I spent a while taking a look at all of the different 74-Z speeder bike designs from the community to refine my own design. 

35407688596_99a7f61010_k.jpgImperial Patrol by James Eilers, on Flickr

35407631866_4e7d8570bf_k.jpgImperial Skiff by James Eilers, on Flickr

35060614810_339f536992_k.jpgSpeeder Bikes by James Eilers, on Flickr

34605923454_eb481ae431_k.jpgSpeeder Bikes by James Eilers, on Flickr

Here is a view of the rear section of the vehicle. I need to get some good shots of the back. 

34639600003_1b431efe80_h.jpg

Edited by jameseilers

2 hours ago, Space Police XVIII said:

I really like the stark angles on that skiff.

The bikes look like they're missing landing gear, though.  Maybe one of these https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=11187 attached by the hydraulic t-piece?

No landing gear on the 74-Z, just the foot rests / altitude control pedals which is what the old school droid arms are for. The minifigure's feet aren't actually on them because minifigures...

57 minutes ago, RaptorBandito said:

Really dig this.  The bikes are quite nice.  Would love to see a break down or LDD file if you felt like sharing.

I just put the LXF files for both in the first post. 

3 hours ago, jameseilers said:

No landing gear on the 74-Z, just the foot rests / altitude control pedals which is what the old school droid arms are for. The minifigure's feet aren't actually on them because minifigures...

Oh I see.  Interesting.  I don't know much about Star Wars tech - did they have stands to rest on when powered down? or did the pedals fold out of the way and the bikes just bellyflop down on the ground?

28 minutes ago, Space Police XVIII said:

Oh I see.  Interesting.  I don't know much about Star Wars tech - did they have stands to rest on when powered down? or did the pedals fold out of the way and the bikes just bellyflop down on the ground?

I'm not totally sure about this, but it seems repulsorlift technology in Star Wars is pretty reliable to the point where most, if not all light vehicles are left hovering indefinitely. I guess on a small scale it just uses too little power to care.

38 minutes ago, Moppo said:

I'm not totally sure about this, but it seems repulsorlift technology in Star Wars is pretty reliable to the point where most, if not all light vehicles are left hovering indefinitely. I guess on a small scale it just uses too little power to care.

1 hour ago, Space Police XVIII said:

Yea if you check the schematics out there and the pictures of the movie props, there is no landing gear. I just checked the scenes in ROTJ again too, they are just hovering while parked.