Trekkie99

Best Lego Ideas projects

I like seeing this sort of set on Ideas, as it not the sort of thing you would associate with Lego, but it's a well thought out and put together

Mechanical Beehive

6121506-20190221_E-PM2_2210566-thumbnail-full.jpg

PS - I don't know how to do the hidden contents thing 

Edited by LucyCol

4 hours ago, LucyCol said:

I like seeing this sort of set on Ideas, as it not the sort of thing you would associate with Lego, but it's a well thought out and put together

Very original type of idea.

E.T. Phone Home by LegoJalex

Spoiler

6163512-frontimage-thumbnail-full.jpg

Brick Town Police Station by @Bricked1980

Spoiler

6164236-Title_Pic_for_Ideas-thumbnail-full.jpg

Miniature Train Set and Miniature Train Set 2 by cheeseinthepie

Spoiler

6136689-Miniature_Train_Set_Mecabricks_Image-thumbnail-full.png

6155194-Miniature_Train_Set_2_Mecabricks_Image-thumbnail-full.png

Sonic the Hedgehog UCS Dr. Eggman’s Death Egg Robot by victorvey300

Spoiler

6162636-A1E97733-83FC-40FD-8BC3-8A89A7EB07D7-thumbnail-full.jpeg

Medieval Market Street by LordOfTheBricks

Spoiler

6157466-IMG_20190227_153425_-_Copy-thumbnail-full.jpg

Ice Rover 2002 by cubeous

Spoiler

6132779-ice_rover_1-thumbnail-full.jpg

Winnie the Pooh by benlouisa

Spoiler

6140185-corner_figs_lined-thumbnail-full.jpg

Space All-Terrain Exploration Vehicle by redera00

Spoiler

6113485-3A2A7490--thumbnail-full.jpg

4 hours ago, LucyCol said:

PS - I don't know how to do the hidden contents thing

Click on the "eye" icon above your post box in the toolbar. :wink:

Classic Castle by DERBOOR

Spoiler

6098789-castle-moc-derboor-0002_1-thumbnail-full.jpg

Mobile Command Center and Scout Ship by Nihils_Maw

Spoiler

6127947-w6kZ7ti-thumbnail-full.jpg

Airship by Krakenbrix

Spoiler

6134371-airship_cover_w_text-thumbnail-full.jpg

1 hour ago, Bricked1980 said:

Thanks for including my new one @Digger of Bricks I'll be posting a full write up about this moc on EB tomorrow.

Hey, as always @Bricked1980:classic:

The more I deepen into Lego Ideas the more sad I get. Specifically:

1) In 2014 the wonderful Macross Vf-1 Valkyrie, by maxvf1, reached the 10000 supporters but Lego did not approve the model. This hypothetical set could have represented the way in to a competition against Hasbro Kre-o Transformers but Lego decided to back out. I wonder which was the reason. Low profitability? Macross' license was too expensive? Risks of a legal dispute with Hasbro due to the similarity with Transformers' ip? (By the way, didn't Macross ip come first?)

I don't understand if nowadays Kre-O is still a true competitor, perhaps this could be a good moment for Lego to give Macross a chance and therefore to take a first step towards considering the purchase of other Japanese ips, in my opinion an endless source of ispiration and, on a business level, a good investment thanks to their large fanbases.

I have found out that another Macross Valkyrie's project - by len_d69, the same designer of Voltron - is underway and I have immediately supported it. Fingers crossed.

2) Respectively in 2016 and 2017 two stunning mocs, the Merchant's House (by bigboy99899) and the Medieval Watermill (by Ben Pitchford) got the 10000 supporters, however Lego rejected the submissions. Both mocs shown the most advanced building techniques, such as angled walls, curved roofs and a great level of snot details. But no, sorry, what could have been a huge kickstart to a modernised Castle line is not going to happen.

Other good potential incomes lost considering that, if contests like CCC are held and the inherent mocs are showcased at the conventions, is because there is a vast fanbase of Castle theme.

The most depressing element of the previous examples is that a pioneering company like Lego is asking for innovative concepts but then feels afraid of putting them in practice. 

Speaking of Macross (or Robotech if you prefer), there is another attempt of Vf-1 Valkyrie, this time submitted by len_d69. The author of Voltron is back with a marvellous model able to transform into the three different forms (aircraft, mecha and gerwalk). Let's support his idea and let's hope that this time Lego would approve the project.

5039693-o_1c321cbr2oms1mb41u0v1eb01kh8e-

By the way, I know it has already been posted in this thread but, in my opinion, the LL 497 Galactic Explorer by Peter Reid, another habitue' of Ideas, is not getting the recognition it deserves, considering both the quality of the design and the fact that it would be a perfect model to be produced for the 40 years Space anniversary.

Spoiler

5792742-o_1cpaqphdrnl0jm61g7q1o5ldh1d.jp

The Sword of the Seas by @paokus

Spoiler

Current Submission Image

Tudor Hotel Modular Building by petesire

Spoiler

Current Submission Image

Orient Express Thriller! by @Elysiumfountain

Spoiler

Current Submission Image

4½-litre 1927-31 Bentley ‘Blower’ by 14BenBricks

Spoiler

Current Submission Image

Classic Space Outpost - 40th Anniversary Set by @Captain Mutant

Spoiler

Current Submission Image

3 hours ago, astral brick said:

By the way, I know it has already been posted in this thread but, in my opinion, the LL 497 Galactic Explorer by Peter Reid, another habitue' of Ideas, is not getting the recognition it deserves, considering both the quality of the design and the fact that it would be a perfect model to be produced for the 40 years Space anniversary.

Reveal hidden contents

5792742-o_1cpaqphdrnl0jm61g7q1o5ldh1d.jp

I know, that project should be SKYROCKETING, being that it's Pete Reid's and all! :look:

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I know, that project should be SKYROCKETING, being that it's Pete Reid's and all! :look:

Maybe there is truly no hope for a Space theme comeback, which is surprising, considering that a neoclassic starship could intercept two different market segments at the same time, attracting both old customers, who will recognize the essence of the original model, and new ones, who will appreciate the modern snot design. Regarding this matter we should not have afols proposing ideas, Lego itself should make an attempt, at least with one model or two and then check the sales feedback.

But then I think of the Macross model which reached the 10k votes and was dismissed.

The Pirate Wreckers of False Lighthouse Cove by DefrostedPoppy

Spoiler

Current Submission Image

Modular Pedestrian Street: Searching for the Lost Treasure by @Brickenberg

Spoiler

Current Submission Image

Old City Life by LegoTrainsFreak

Spoiler

Current Submission Image

Cyber Rex by BrickBros UK

Spoiler

Current Submission Image

The Old Mill by FarmFarm

Spoiler

Current Submission Image

15 hours ago, astral brick said:

Maybe there is truly no hope for a Space theme comeback, which is surprising, considering that a neoclassic starship could intercept two different market segments at the same time, attracting both old customers, who will recognize the essence of the original model, and new ones, who will appreciate the modern snot design. Regarding this matter we should not have afols proposing ideas, Lego itself should make an attempt, at least with one model or two and then check the sales feedback.

But then I think of the Macross model which reached the 10k votes and was dismissed.

Regarding that approach of "testing the waters" with one or two singular build sets, I've always said that Creator's Three-In-One line should be the best way Lego could do that utilizing a preexisting theme, as it can accommodate any sort of untested idea/concept for such without needing to riskily devote an entire theme/line to expermention of that idea, especially when it's a more generic, archetypical one! :wink:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

The ideas of Mitsusu Nikaido are just awesome, just check his flickr site, wow !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142497481@N02/albums
https://ideas.lego.com/profile/Mitsuru%20Nikaido/entries?query=&sort=top

I like them all, the locusta was pretty cool, but expired:
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/84e1c5d5-c5c1-4ced-b116-b581f41f7db1

Edited by AlainLaurent

On 4/23/2019 at 10:52 PM, astral brick said:

Isn't that exactly what they did with Benny's Spaceship, 70816.

On 3/23/2019 at 11:47 PM, astral brick said:

The most depressing element of the previous examples is that a pioneering company like Lego is asking for innovative concepts but then feels afraid of putting them in practice. 

I don't think this is true at all. Look at sets like the pop-up book, ship in a bottle, birds, the maze, Voltron, exosuit, etc. All innovative concepts conceived through Ideas and made into sets.

On 5/27/2018 at 10:01 AM, sed6 said:

Pursuit of Flight by JKBrickworks

Pursuit of Flight by JKBrickworks

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/9f20e63f-79a7-4625-bb09-1b51a7b17842

This fantastic kinetic sculpture was created by Jason Allemann of JKBrickworks. Many of you will recall that Jasons Labyrinth Marble Maze was approved by LEGO and became set 21305 - Maze which is now retired. Jason also has another project Pop-up Book which has already reached 10,000 supporters and is currently in review status by LEGO. 

This newest creation is a dream theme for me. I'm a fan of small sets, the Fokker Dr.1, and kinetic LEGO sculptures. Please click on the Ideas link above or below and lend your support. This project already has over 4600 supporters in only 5 weeks! With your help we can see it on shelves at a LEGO store soon. Thanks!

Pursuit of Flight now needs just 50 votes to hit 10k! Check it out and go support it please. 

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Charlie and the CHOCOLATE FACTORY! by @Former Itaria No Shintaku

Please consider supporting the project :classic:

webp

I would really love you guys to support me.
This project has all my heart in it.
Reaching 10k with your help, though I'm partly gone from this community, would mean so much for me.
Really, you don't even manage to know how this would be touching.
Please, leave me your support and share this with your friends.
I think... I just earned some of your respect during those ten years.
So... help me.
Thanks.