Capparezza

Weird or even awkward LEGO creations in history

Ever found anything weird or even awkward built out of LEGO? Maybe even built by LEGO themselves?

I was wondering about this when I stumbled upon this little precious from the "Bricks'n'Pieces" magazine, which had been published by British LEGO Ltd. back in the old days, checkout Creation No. 2:

6.jpg

12 year-old Leon definitely knows how to do a Swastika in LEGO :laugh: Admittedly, it's a fan creation. But how come THIS has been picked out of all those pictures to choose from?

Edited by Capparezza

Probably because it is a really decent model for the time. Back then people weren't so worried about Nazi symbolism, as it was history. I remember making airfix models in the 1970s and using Nazi symbols on them. Whereas now, it is more politically sensitive.

It's banned in Germany, Austria and several other countries. Besides those countries, this symbol is not found often in public media like this LEGO magazine for children...

Edited by Capparezza

You don't often see them in kids' media or toys now. But it was common to have them in kids modelling sets 30-40 years ago.

I remember building airfix kits like this ...

Air%20T4%20Bf%20109E.JPG

whereas the modern equivalents do not come with the swastika on the tail but retain the blank cross.

The same with WW2 toy soldiers and so on. You used to be able to buy loads of toys with the swastika on. Even our beloved Action Man range ...

action-man-escape-from-colditz-set.jpg