KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #158: Color Me Shocked

Vindsval remembers that he still has more items to hand out and continues to distribute their battle loot.

Vindsval 23 Gold, Last Resort, Nostrum, Tiny Chain, 

Matthias Bomb XX, Ice Bomb, Air Bomb, fire bomb, Fur armor

Petaldan 15 gold, Phoenix Essence, Health Core, Broken Arrow, 

Ezeran 15 gold, 2 potions, Phoenix Essence, Elixer, Mockthril Spear

Addok Zo. 15 gold, 2 Potions, Magic Compass, Smelling Salts

Considering how easily I was kept at bay by these thugs, perhaps I should change my strategy.

Vindsval unfastens his cloak and sets down his harness and bags.  For the first time some of this party are seeing his left arm for the first time.  The metal limb reaches clear to his shoulder without even a stub or flesh made arm remaining.  It is massive, powerful looking, and in scale with the rest of his body.  He reaches across his chest and depresses a series of buttons in turn.  When he finishes the arms seems to collapse into itself, folding up into a much more compact form, and comes off in his hand.  He places that lump of now cold inert metal down beside his other gear and reaches into a leather cylinder.  He removes another strange hunk of metal and gears, this one seemingly far less massive than the first.  He inserts one of its tabs into the socket of metal attached to the flesh of his shoulder.  Again he presses a series of buttons on the device and it expands out to full length.  But somehow its proportions are all wrong.  Where the other was robust and could easily have been simply armor over a living limb this one is spindly, insectile.  It is also covered in a plethora of catches and clasps, as if it was designed to latch on to any of a number of other devices.

An ugly one that.  But let us see if it can do its purpose.  

Vinsdsval reaches out for his wrath Lance.  A favored weapon from the ending days of his Paladinship.  By all accounts the magic of heroica that pervades his body should allow it to sense that he no longer has the ability to wield it, but as the new hand approaches the lance it reconfigures of its own accord.  Changing the shape of the hand to perfectly match the contours of the Lance.  Vindsval picks it up and expertlly thrusts and parries with it, as if nothing had changed.

It may not be a beauty, but it does its job well.  

Setting the lance aside momentarily he sheaths his great sword, re buckles it and his pouch harnesses and redons his scorpion cloak.

Let us prepare, Our task is nearly complete, but the Elder Den will be difficult to move from his path.

Vindsval removes his Mechanical Arm and replaces it with the Multi-Tool Attachment.

Edited by Asphalt

Matthias accepts the loot and wraps the Fur Armor around his tiny back. He offers the Bomb XX, Ice Bomb, Air Bomb, and Fire Bomb to Galedo. "Think you'll be able to use these? They're simple - just pull the pin and throw 'em."

Uncorking a fancy bottle, the druid downs a Hero's Cocktail compliments of Lord Guffington.

Edited by StickFig
typo

In preparation Vindsval Uses a Mead, a Smelling Salts, a Nostrum, an Ambrosia, and a Mulled Wine.

I swap my gloves and my helmet for the Cloak of Innocence and Paladin's Armour.

Resting his Lance on his shoulder vindsval turns to the party.

If no one else has any preparations to make I say we MOVE On now before any more reinforcements can arrive.

Somewhat weary Ezeran flings his satchel open and throws an entire bottle of nostrum right into the maw of the symbiont. Admist the sound of shattering glas he sighs and prepares for the oncoming confrontation. 

On 11/6/2017 at 7:12 AM, StickFig said:

Matthias accepts the loot and wraps the Fur Armor around his tiny back. He offers the Bomb XX, Ice Bomb, Air Bomb, and Fire Bomb to Galedo. "Think you'll be able to use these? They're simple - just pull the pin and throw 'em."

Uncorking a fancy bottle, the druid downs a Hero's Cocktail compliments of Lord Guffington.

galedo.png
"Well, I... uh..." Galedo fumbles to produce words as he accepts the bombs. "And if I don't throw them far enough?"

On 11/9/2017 at 10:23 AM, Asphalt said:

Resting his Lance on his shoulder vindsval turns to the party.

If no one else has any preparations to make I say we MOVE On now before any more reinforcements can arrive.

jeremiah.png
"I agree. This way." Jeremiah takes the lead and brings the party to the final room. And of course, there was the elder Den. And he did not look happy.

img_1722.jpg

calder.png
"Well now I see how you managed to get this far, Heroes. Two traitors, one of my own blood even." The wicked sorcerer's voice was dripping with disgust. He then focuses on the half-giant. "You, I remember you. You've been here before, bringing me the precious lotus. Here, look behind me at the mural it helped paint. Magnificent isn't it? Those artists did a good job, bumbling idiots as they were."

jeremiah.png
"Grandfather, put your weapons to the side and stand down. I don't want to hurt you."

calder.png
"But you have, Jeremiah, by turning on me. After your father left I hoped you would be able to continue my work if I died before I finished. Just imagine, the Den name as powerful and feared as the Houses in Eubric. What a sight that would be. But no matter if you won't return. I'm nearly finished and all I have to do is remove you all from the equation. I will make slick the floors of this hall with your blood if you do not swear fealty to me."

jeremiah.png
"Grandfather they are too powe-"

calder.png
"Silence! The Heroes have plagued our family for too long now, and you side with them? Out of what? Fear? We would have more power than you could possibly imagine."  He then turns to the Heroes. "Now, I a willing to make you all an offer: side with me, fight and die, or leave. I'll let you be if you leave, as long as you leave my work uninterrupted. Side with me, and your first task of loyalty will be to gut that little Tridentian at your side like a stag. Those villagers have been a thorn in my side and will be eradicated. You will be handsomely rewarded to serve as my guards and my voice in Eubric. My coffers are deep and I'll pay the price to keep you around."

luke.png
"I'm not afraid," Luke says. There's a surprising amount of strength in the boy's voice. "I know they wouldn't turn against us."

calder.png
"And what do you know? You're a child." Jeremiah looks at the Heroes again. "So what is it? Join me, leave, or die(fight)?"

Vindsval listens to the old man's tirade.  Is it not always the same with these?

He stands beside Luke and places a hand on his shoulder, and looks around at all of those present.  Making eye contact with each.

You all know where it is I stand on this path.  Those who would raise a hand against this one would first feel mine.

Matthias shakes his head in mock shame on Den's behalf. "Really? 'Leave so I can kill all these people and I'll throw you some scraps when I take over the world'? You need to work on your sales pitch. Do you not know that we are Heroes?" It's plain in the druid's voice that that final word really is important to him. He continues. "What could you offer us? Immortality? Life eternal to deal with the blood of these people on our hands? I have swum in the Fountain of Youth; I have crossed the planes of the Gods; I bear the power of creation in the Anvil of Orrick. Your offer would be insulting if it were not so evil as to be immediately dismissed. To end your despicable reign will be a pleasure." By the end of his speech, the gnome is in rare form, standing on his big cannon and red in the face. He gives a final glare at the three men before hopping down and raising the cannon in their direction - quite a sight to behold, the cannon being much bigger than him and still somehow fitting perfectly to his shoulder. "Surrender now and face justice... or just face justice. Your choice."

As the Elder Den speaks, a wave of fear washes over me. For the first time in my life, I feel in the presence of power, real power. I gulp and feel for my sword for the familiar power it has given me in times before, but my hand feels nothing. My eyes, unblinking, remain almost drawn into those of the old man.

The half-giant's words bring me back to my senses and I draw my sword, still feeling very much intimidated by the raw power emanating from the old man.

"W-w-we are not afraid of you," I manage to get out, holding my sword shakily out in front of me.

As the dwarf speaks, a sense of calm comes over me, as if I remember who I really am.

"But why would you want us to kill poor Luke? That's just mean!"

11 hours ago, Palathadric said:

As the Elder Den speaks, a wave of fear washes over me. For the first time in my life, I feel in the presence of power, real power. I gulp and feel for my sword for the familiar power it has given me in times before, but my hand feels nothing. My eyes, unblinking, remain almost drawn into those of the old man.

The half-giant's words bring me back to my senses and I draw my sword, still feeling very much intimidated by the raw power emanating from the old man.

"W-w-we are not afraid of you," I manage to get out, holding my sword shakily out in front of me.

As the dwarf speaks, a sense of calm comes over me, as if I remember who I really am.

"But why would you want us to kill poor Luke? That's just mean!"

Ezeran moves over to stand beside Petaldan as to give him comfort in his resolve. 

"You are a fool old man, your perception of power will lead to your doom. I have witnessed the planes where the demon nobility reaches out to this world to brake the backs of people such as you just to be able to give your soul to their minions to feed them. Your body will perish here but your soul is in grave danger..."

13 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

I have witnessed the planes where the demon nobility reaches out to this world to brake the backs of people such as you just to be able to give your soul to their minions to feed them.

"Really? You have seen things like that?" I whisper doubtfully.

12 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Really? You have seen things like that?" I whisper doubtfully.

Ezeran leans in to be able to respond to the young knight. "Yes, sadly my mother has become one of them and the symbiont sometimes grants me visions of it's former realms. What is happening here might well be observed by forces in those realms like a madmans beacon luring the darkness towards it."

"Your mother? ...But that is terrible! You must want to rescue her."

Getting slightly annoyed by the situation, Addok-Zo grunts and speaks to the decrepit old man.  "Time for talking is over.  We both know how this has to end."  He lifts the crossbow from his back and readies himself for the ultimate fight.  Clearly he has gone mad with power and cannot be talked down to use his obtained strength for good.  "You ready?"

12 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Your mother? ...But that is terrible! You must want to rescue her."

Seeing the young knights innocence Ezeran smiles reassuringly and whisper to him: "I would really like to do that..." 

Edited by MysticModulus

calder.png
"This is your last chance, grandson," the old man snarls.

jeremiah.png
"I stand with them."

calder.png
"What a waste. Men! Form up and let us show these 'heroes' and traitors what happens when they make the wrong decision!"

bodyguard1.png
"Oh boy! Finally some action!" a guard exclaims.

bodyguard2.png
"Let's paint the walls red with your blood!"

bodyguard1.png
"Finger painting?" the excited guard asks

calder.png
"I pay too much for these idiots," Calder mumbles to himself.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

The Enemies

calder.png
Calder Den *Immune to Stunned, Sudden Death, Darkness* *Attacks deal Lightning* *Deals double damage to Jeremiah and Galedo*
Type: Humanoid
Level: 3x Target
Health: 850/850
Defense: 5
SPECIAL I (Rolls even): Color me shocked- Calder deals 10 dmg to the party, ignoring SP and row.
SPECIAL II (Rolls odd): Colors of the wind- Calder attacks the target, dealing 15dmg and causes Bleeding. Row and SP are not ignored.
PASSIVE SPECIAL: As long as the MURAL is alive, Calder takes no damage from attacks, and he gains 10HP per round.
Drops: Topaz, 100 gold, 3x potions, Sorcerer's Staff (Staff; Suitable for ether users above Level 15; WP: 13)

mural.png
Mural
Type: ???
Level: Equal to Target
Health: 300/300
Defense: 7
SPECIAL: Paint it Black, maybe red- Mural drains 5 HP from the Hero and heals self by the amount, as well as giving Calder 5 extra HP
PASSIVE SPECIAL: Does not conduct free hits
Drops: Nothing

bodyguard1.png
Loyal Bodyguard
Level: 2x target
Health: 500/500
Defense: 2
SPECIAL: Stand and fight- Loyal Bodyguard 1 causes 10 damage to the attacker, ignoring SP. The target is then Bound.
Drops: Colorful Dagger (WP:4, causes the bleeding-effect; dual strike daggers), 10 gold

bodyguard1.png
Loyal Bodyguard 2
Health: 300/300
SPECIAL: Stand and fight- Loyal Bodyguard 2 causes 10 damage to the attacker, ignoring SP. The target is then Bound.
Drops: 2 gold, nostrum

bodyguard2.png
Guy
Type:
Humanoid
Health: 290/290
SPECIAL: Not your guy- The enemy above Guy (Unless it's the wall, then it is Calder) attacks the Hero with 5dmg, ignoring Row and SP.
Drops: smelling salts, fire bomb

bodyguard2.png
Pal
Type:
Humanoid
Health: 250/250
Defense: 2
SPECIAL: Not your Pal- The enemy below Pal attacks the target with 10 dmg, ignoring SP, but not row.
Drops:  Wooden Spear (WP:4, wood-elemental spear)

bodyguard1.png
Buddy
Health: 200/200
SPECIAL: I am your buddy- Buddy calls in a reinforcment at the end of the round, an exact copy of Buddy's current stats, only Poisoned by 5
Drops: potion, Tailored Overcoat (SP:1, suitable for rangers, rogues and beast warriors; backwear.)

pongmerc.png
Pong Merc 1
Type: Humanoid/Beast
Level: 1.5x target
Defense: 10
SPECIAL: Unwise to Upset a Pongcanis - The Pongcanis attempts to rip the targets arms off. 5 Damage ignoring Row is dealt, there is a 50% (1/2) chance that such Damage ignores SP as well, a 25% (1/4) chance that the target's weapon, shield, and any Handwear or Accessories are unequipped, and a 12.5% (1/8) chance that the target is instantly Knocked Out.
Drops: Tiger Balm

pongmerc.png
Pong Merc 2
Defense: 10
SPECIAL: Unwise to Upset a Pongcanis - The Pongcanis attempts to rip the targets arms off. 5 Damage ignoring Row is dealt, there is a 50% (1/2) chance that such Damage ignores SP as well, a 25% (1/4) chance that the target's weapon, shield, and any Handwear or Accessories are unequipped, and a 12.5% (1/8) chance that the target is instantly Knocked Out.
Drops: Nothing

pongmerc.png
Pong Merc 1
Health: 200/200
Drops: Tooth (worth 2 gold)

bodyguard1.png
Excited Guard
Health: 195/195
SPECIAL: Everything is Hyper- Excited Guard hits every single character in the battle (Heroes and Enemies), damaging them by 1, ignoring SP and Row.
Drops: 5x smelling salts

The Party

img_0711.jpg

Vindsval Half-Born (Asphalt)
39 year old, Male, Half Giant,
Level: 40.2 Vindicator *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened, Effects* Immune to Dark & Demonic enemies

Attacks cause Enraged, Burning 10, Poisoned 7, and Cursed. *Encouraged* *Hastened* *Lucky* *Reinforced* *Inspired*                              
Power: 98 (39+50+1+1+6+1)
Power Bonus +9 (Armor +6, Henry's +2, Zoot's cookie +1)
Defense: 30 (60)
Health: 62/62 (9+34+15) 124/124
Ether: 43/43 (5+38)
Gold: 657
Equipment:                                                                                                                                      

Ludeus: WP: 25(50 with arm) Glowing Blade forged from the body of Immortalis. Be free from your endless burden, argent lord of lightning, and allow this blade to carry on your legacy. Successful hits have a 1/3 chance of Awakening the blade's true power, doubling the sword's WP for the next round. Doubling does not compound.  Greatsword/Longsword.
Shikokku's Stealth Suit (SP:7; Power +6, User is immune to Dark & Demonic enemies; Body, Head and Backwear counts as 1 Artefact)
Mythril Shield (SP: 20 Shield)
Mechanical Arm (Doubles WP for the equipped weapon; wearer cannot become disarmed; suitable for Vindsval only; handwear)
Wonky Shoes (footwear, SP: 3, suitable for all classes)(lent by Benj),
Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity toAsleep,Blinded,Confused, Fragile, and Weakened effects)(lent by Benji)
Inventory:

Consumables: 3X Mead, 5X Remedy, Potion, 11X Grand Potion, 2X Smoke Bomb, 3X Tonic, 3X Venom (poison -1), 3X Deadly Poison (Poison -10), Banana, Poison Bomb, 4X Hurricane - This exotic drink grants the Hilariously and Luckily Drunk-effect, doubling the power of every attack, provided the consumer can state a pun related to his attack with every attack for the duration of one battle, Bone, Fenghuang Essence, Agni Bomb, Elixir, Myrrh, Soma, 2X Phoenix Essence, Candy Cane (Restores 10 Health and 5 Ether), Health Core, Bag of Wonder (Summons a random Decamon that joins the battle for 5 rounds. 10 uses remaining, Consumable) 2X Mulled Wine, 2X Ambrosia, 2X Golden Lotus Flower (heals to full health upon consumption), Nostrum, Last Resort (Revives all knocked out allies with 1 health.)

Misc: Mythril Shard, 4X Grating Stone,  Bag of Wonder (Summons a random Decamon that joins the battle for 5 rounds. 10 uses remaining, Consumable), 

Weapons And Shields
Very Pink Parasol: Broomstick, WP:1, Male enemies are Enamored with the hero
Xeno Whip (WP:4, poisoning the Xeno Whip doubles the poison output, whip)
Ignis Blade (WP 5, Fire Elemental, Also ignore SP of foes weak to fire (Beasts, Icey, and Plants) Gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; Great Sword)

Gaia Blade (WP 5, Wood Elemental, Also ignore SP of foes weak to wood (aquatic and rock) Gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; Great Sword)

Witch's Hammer (WP 8, Poison 10, Hammer)

Leets d’Loc (WP:9, ice-elemental longsword)
Verkenner (WP:10, Broomstick,ranged)                                                                             

Renegade’s Crook (WP: 10, successful healing also poisons the target’s weapon by 3, staff)

Undead Antlers (WP: 10, Grants Intimidation, Darkness Elemental, Halberd)
Simurgh Wingblade (WP:12, cannot be used with a shield; great-sword)
Twin Sai (WP: 12, dual strike, dagger)
Stygian Blade (WP: 12, Longsword: WP doubled when using it against an Ethereal or Ancient enemy. The aura it exudes seems to be very cold, very luminescent water, the blade of Charon, the Angel of Death.)
Crystal Blade: WP: 16, Greatsword. Imbued with a diamond, as is light-elemental as a result. A transparent blade that the fallen angel Glaz wielded
Wrath Lance (WP:16, causes enraged and burning 10, poison 7 and cursed; Darkness and Fire Elemental, lance)
Tiny chain (WP:5, whip)

Artefacts:
Toxic Hood: (Headwear. The green hood worn by the Rosalia Pestilence. Changes the poisoned effect, to Blessed for the duration of the battle if poisoned while wearing the hood, Usable by all.)
Ten-Gallon Hat: Gives the wearer the "Tourist" effect, causing no one to take them seriously)
Gloves of the Hypocritical/Hippocratic Oath, Handwear, (Adds +10 to healing for characters with the Healing job trait and + 10 Poisoning for characters with the Wicked (or future equivalent) fighting style )
Mythril Mail (SP:10; suitable to knights and barbarians only; bodywear)
Anniversary Medal (Power +5, SP +5, Max Health +5, Max Ether +5. Values increase by 1 with each passing year; Accessory)
Gauntlets of the Legionnaire (Power +5, immune to Petrified, Handwear)                    

Wanderer's Seal (Vindicator's Seal, grants access to the Vindicator job class; suitable to followers of the Wanderer only)

Multi-tool Attachment (Artificial arm, Enables user to ignore the weapon restrictions of their class excluding Shields, Handwear, Suitable for Vindsval)

Gems: Emerald X2, Aquamarine , Garnet, Opal, Topaz, Diamond

Scrolls,
Scroll of Poisoning. Can be cast on a weapon to give it Poison 10, for the duration of the battle at the cost of 5 Ether.
Scroll of Frailty (Enables casting the Fragile effect to one target for three round. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.)

Decamon Cards: Cherub (Luminous 3)

Tools: Bed Roll, Shovel, Magic Compass

petaldan_parfenius.jpgPaladin Petaldan Parfenius (Played by Palathadric)
5-year-old male "wonder" Knight *Immune to *Stunned*, *Bound*, *Petrified* *Darkness* *and *Rock (Earth)*-Elemental Damage
Level:
Power: 18
Defense: 12
Health: 24/24 10+11+2*
Gold: 123
Equipment: Brine Blade (WP: 5, 1/6 chance to trigger a Flood (see Weather Mage) when dealing damage, Longsword), Shield (SP: 5; Shield), Paladin's Armor (SP:4, Max. Ether +2; suitable for knights, clerics, paladins; bodywear.), Cloak of Innocence (SP: 3; grants the wearer immunity to Darkness, if the health of the wearer is below 50% the wearer is also *Blessed*; Backwear; Suitable for Petaldan only)
Inventory:
Weapons: Slimy Sword (WP:20, can be split into several weaker Slimy Swords or combined with other Slimy Swords to increase WP and split apart again at any time, Longsword)
Artifacts: Baron's Oversized Hat (wearer is permanently Encouraged and Slowed; headwear), , Gloves of the Boy Wonder (SP:2; immunity to *Stunned*, *Bound*, and *Petrified*; suitable to Petaldan only; handwear), Really Hard Helmet (SP: 2, Immunity to Rock)
Gems: Emerald
Consumables: Grand Potion x 2, Remedy x 2, Phoenix Essence, Ambrosia, Smoke Bomb x 6, Fire Bomb, Level-Up Mushroom, PHoenix Essence, Health Core, Broken arrow (worth 2x gold)
Tools: Bedroll, Etherium Ore (may applied to one weapon to allow it to deal the Sealed-effect permanently), Letter of Recommendation (Increases reputation with one of the seven main factions depending on the user's choice.)
*Greasy Sausage

po8wl0x.pngAddok-Zo Obbex (Goliath)
135 year old Male Wakorian Ranger
Level 10
Power: 21 (10 + 11)
Defense: 4
Health: 15/15
Gold: 140
Equipment: Crossbow (wp:11),,Protective helmet (SP: 4; headwear)

Weapon and Armor: Bandits crossbow (WP.5, Crossbow)Jury-Rigged Long Hand Cannon (WP:3), Pugilist’s Gloves (Power +2, protects from weakened-effect; handwear.), Leather Armor, Broken Sword (1 WP; longsword),
Inventory: 1 Mead, 6 Potion, 1 Smoke Bomb, 2 Venom,  1 Fire Bomb,  1 lightningbombs, 1 Carrion beetle horn (The horn can be attached to any blunt weapon to permanently deal Bleeding 2 effect) (but also including spears, polearms, handcannons etc. Only swordlike weapons are excluded), bone.Scavenger's Toolkit  (Replaces the user's '4' roll with ENHANCEMENT (see Artisan); accessory, suitable to Addok-Zo only), Smelling Salts, Magic Compass

* Additional +1 health from eating a moldy sausage. (Quest 154)

29831773111_ce9d27418d_t.jpg
Ezeran Yavarr (MysticModulus)
42 year old male human Sorcerer
Level 22.66 *Immune to Wood and Fire, Sealed and Blindness* *Enemies that hit Ezeran become slowed* *Lucky*
Power Bonus: 3 (+2 spellpower)
Defense: 6
Health: 72/72
Ether: 26/30
Gold: 294
Equipment: Ooze Wand (WP: 10, 1/3 chance to Slow), Sneezing Demon (SP:3; enemies that hit the wearer become slowed; immunity to woodfire  and blindness, suitable to Ezeran only; bodywear), Etherium Pauldrons (SP:3, immune to sealed; backwear), Sedge hat (Max. Ether +4; headwear)
Inventory:
Weapons - 
Trickster’s Baubel (WP:6, each hit causes one random effect: stunned, poisoned by 1, asleep, blinded, sealed or confused; wand), Ancient Sapphamber Staff (WP:8, doubled against Ancient enemies, staff), Simple Staff (WP: 10), Mockthril Spear (WP:4, spear)
Artifacts - Hood of the Elementalist (SP:1, *Absorbs darkness*; headwear, suitable to anyone),  Pointy Hat, Mage's Muffler, Bad Luck Charm, White Ninja Cowl, Begone with the Winds (Allows access to the Weather Mage Class, Accessory)
Gems - Emerald (Wood), Ruby (Fire), Diamond (Light),  Sapphire (wind), Amethyst (Darkness)
Consumables - 5x grand potions, 5x grand tonics, 3x Remedy, smelling salts, ether core, 2x Smoke Bomb, myrrh, venom, Pickled Mushroom, Soma, 2x Golden Lotus Flower (heals to full health upon consumption), 2x potions, phoenix essence, elixir,
Tools - Crescent Seal  (+2 Power, +1 Free item usage during the first round of battle), Bedroll, Shovel

vJi7H1L.png Matthias @StickFig
Level 30.5 Druid *Immune to EarthIce, and Water* *Immune to Blinded, Bound, Fragile, Sealed, and Slowed* *½ chance immunity to Asleep*Deals Fragile* *Gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed* *Encouraged, Lucky, Hastened, Inspired*
Power Bonus: 15
Defense: 7
Health:
42/42
Ether: 16/31
Gold: 605
Abilities: Bearer of the Anvil (Matthias may sacrifice his turn to add his WP or SP to another heroes for the round; he may also improve one weapon at the end of each quest [+1 WP]), Immortal Waters (Once per quest, Matthias can heal himself to full health and remove all negative effects during combat; this does not take up an action)
Equipment: Ethereal Restored Fireball Extraordinaire (WP:12; also hits enemies listed above and below the target; 
Darkness-, Ice-, and Lightning-elemental; deals Fragile; user is Slowed; hand cannon), Ethereal Steampunk Stovepipe (SP:1; immunity to Earth and Water; protects from Blinded and Sealed; ½ chance to protect from Asleep-effect; suitable for men; headwear), Hunter's Plate (SP:4; wearer gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed; suitable for rogues, rangers, barbarians, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators, and winged warriors) (Dreyrugr), Ethereal Rocket Boots (SP:2; immunity to Ice; protects from BoundFragile, and Slowed effects; footwear), Sungold Seal (+3 power, +2 health), Fur armor (SP: 2; suitable for anyone, backwear )
Inventory: Ethereal XX Handcannon Replica (WP:12, pierces defense, Fire- and Light-elemental, deals Afraid, hand cannon),  Peashooter (WP:2, deals Burning -2, hand cannon), Stave of Grasping Thorns (WP:15; Roots of Life triggers a Kudzu (see Weather Mage); staff)Tinkerer's Wrench (WP:10; double WP against Mechanical; ranged, retrievable, throwing weapon), Dapper Hat (This amazingly dapper hat gives the wearer a  chance of being Encouraged at the start of any battle, headwear)Trickster's Mask of the Human (Changes the wearer into a human of the same gender when worn, accessory), 2x Adamantite Shard (¼ of a full Adamantite ore, used for adamantizing weapons), 8x Bone (Distracts the target for the duration of 1 round, preventing Free Hits; worth 5 gold in magic shops), Candy Cane (Restores 10 Health and 5 Ether), Deadly Venom, 3x Elixir, Emergency Essence, Grand Potion, Grand Tonic, 2x Grating Stone, 3x Nostrum, Potion, 2x Red Death Blood, 3x Remedy, 4x Shattering Arrow (Lowers enemy SP by 5, suitable for classes with bows and crossbows), 3x Smelling Salts, 3x Tonic, Zhar-ptitsa Incense (Revives all party members to full health and grants the Blessed, Reinforced, and Transcended effects, consumable), Bedroll, Magic Compass, 3x Fire Bomb, Skadi Bomb, Smoke Bomb, mead
Quest Items: Guffington's Seal (Proves the hero is a Friend of Guffington - the hero starts every quest with one Hero's Cocktail (Makes the hero EncouragedHastenedLucky, and Inspired, consumable))
Glory Points: 44

luke.png
Luke, Level 15 Cleric (NPC, takes suggestions from the party)
Health: 30/30
Ether: 33/34
Equipment: Pulsar Scepter (WP:10, healing effect, staff)
Inventory: 2x potions, smelling salts, diamond gem

galedo.png
Galedo, Level 2 Town Watch (NPC, Takes suggestions from the party)
Health: 15/15
Equipment: None
Inventory: 3x potions, Bomb XX  (Deals 30 damage to all enemies and 10 damage to all allies, ignoring SP and row, when used.), Ice Bomb, Air bomb, Fire bomb,
NOTE: If Galedo dies, the Heroes lose the map/knowledge of the compound.

jeremiah.png
Jeremiah Den, Level 25 Sorcerer (NPC, takes suggestions from the party) 
Health:
30/30
Ether: 15/16
Defense: 3
Gold: 37
Equipment: Ancestral Staff (WP: 12, deals fire damage), Robes of the Den Clan (SP: 3; Backwear, suitable for Den family members; Immune to fire, light, and darkness), Familial Gloves (handwear, deals the enamored effect), Sorcerer's Lucky Hat (Headwear; suitable for ether users; if the wearer is struck by an enemy's special, double the user's WP for 1 round)
Inventory: 2x elixir, potion, 5x tonic, amethyst

Party leader please choose a battle order. Everyone please choose a row and action.

Sorry for the late delay, thought I would have had time during work today, but go busy during my lunch hour. But you're almost at the end! You can do it!

Edited by KotZ

Tactical notes:

• I believe due to equipment changes, Petaldan is only immune to Darkness, Vindsval's attacks do not cause any effects, and Matthias' defense stat is now 9.
  • I'm noting the third Pongcanis Mercenary as "Pong Merc 3" instead of "Pong Merc 1".
  • Vindsval, *Reinforced* and in the back row, can take free hits from Calder all day (40.2*3 = 120.6 damage, 120/2 = 60 damage (back row), 60 damge - (30*2 SP) = 0 damage. Let's leave Calder for after the Mural is down; this means Vindsval has to be first in the battle order.
  • Vindsval, Matthias, and Ezeran (all *Lucky*) should take the Pong Mercs to reduce the Pong Mercs' instant-kill ability.
  • The same thing applies to Buddy; he calls more enemies with his special, so someone *Lucky* should attack him.
  • Matthias, *Immune to Bound*, should take the Loyal Bodyguards if possible. Putting him on the first bodyguard has the extra benefit of making the Mural *Fragile*.
  • While putting Ezeran (and Vindsval's second turn) below Matthias in the order means Ezeran's target might be *Fragile* and therefore take more damage, I'm inclined to put Ezeran second in the order just in case we take a free hit from one of the Pong Mercs (if Matthias needs to cast healing for his second turn). The hit would do 12 damage to Matthias, who has 42 health, or 11 damage to Ezeran, who has 72 health.

Suggested Battle Order: (">" means act from the back row)
> Vindsval: Ludeas vs. Buddy
> Ezeran: Darkness Spell (Ooze Wand) vs. Pong Merc 13
> Matthias: Extraordinaire vs. Bodyguard 1
Galedo: Unarmed attack vs. Mural
> Petaldan: Brine Blade vs. Bodyguard 2
> Addok-Zo: Crossbow vs. Guy
> Jeremiah: Darkness Spell (Ancestral Staff) vs. Pal
> Luke: Pulsar Scepter vs. Excited Guard
> Vindsval: Ludeas vs. Pong Merc 1
> Matthias: Heal (Stave of Grasping Thorns) vs. Injured Party Member; if no one injured, Extraordinaire vs. Pong Merc 2
Calder: Free Hit vs. Vindsval (0 damage)
Pong Merc 2: Possible Free Hit vs. Ezeran (1.5*22.66 = 34, 34/2 = 17, 17 - 6 = 11 damage)

Matthias immediately fires off a round at the first Bodyguard and begins to shout out encouragement to the others as he reloads and checks his comrades before attacking the second Pongcanis. "Mister Galedo, tear down this wall! Leave the sorcerer for now - we can deal with him once his protections are removed and you will all see how pathetic he really is."

Following orders, I attack the Second Loyal Bodyguard from the Back Row with the Brine Blade.

OOC: The effects from Vindsval's attack come from his chosen weapon, the wrath Lance. But his stats need to reflect the change in arm and the doubled HP and Defense.  Stick your strategy sounds sound, so lets go with it for the time being.

Vindsval Winces visibly as the islands color related puns wash over him.  What is it with these people and the rainbow.  He hefts his flaming Lance and prepares to wade into what may be his final battle at his small friends side.  Come Luke, let us rid your island of this filth.  You have come far since we met, let us walk this last leg of the Path together.

He turns to the men facing him.

You have chosen your path, now allow me to leave your lifeless husks in the gutter at its side and send your worthless souls to my Lord.

His eyes glint and begin to glaze over red as he strikes first at Buddy and then the First Pong Mercenary 

Vindsval Attack 1 VS Buddy from the Back Row with Wrath Lance,  Oath of Retribution

Vindsval Attack 2 VS Pong Merc 1 from the Back Row with Wrath Lance, Oath of Retribution

Luke VS Excited Guard from back with Scepter

Galedo VS Wall from Back with Fist.

Jeremiah VS Pall from back with Darkness Through Staff

Battle Order

Vindsval
Ezeran
Matthias
Galedo
Petaldan
Addok-Zo
Jeremiah
Luke
Vindsval
Matthias

Inspired by the resolve of his comrades Ezeran uses a smelling salts and channels the inky black darkness from the void and Casts a darkness spell at Pong Merc 3 from the back row.