KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #158: Color Me Shocked

"Oh, dear. I hope it's not a trap." I say fretfully.

On 8/30/2017 at 10:34 AM, Goliath said:

"What is so special about this chalice?"

Matthias wonders the same thing. "If it's so important, how come this is the first we're hearing of it?"

There is much that happens behind closed doors that we do not know, of that I would be certain.  It is also most certainly a trap of some kind.  Would we not each do so with our own prized possessions?

Do any of you have a magnifying glass or something else we could examine the Chalice with?  Or do we take the chance and just grab the thing and be gone?

On 2017-08-30 at 7:35 AM, KotZ said:

galedo.png
"It sneezes acid?" Galedo repeats. "Is that, well, safe? Especially for you?"

"Let's just say it's safe for me..."

Ezeran looks at the chalice and strokes his short beard.

"If you want my opinion: leave it!"

"To me, it looks suspiciously not like real gold, which means that it's probably a fake. Though I'm not sure if gold is an any better conduit of magic than any other item..."

I look questioningly at Ezeran as if asking him to affirm my last statement.

On 9/1/2017 at 11:26 AM, Palathadric said:

"To me, it looks suspiciously not like real gold, which means that it's probably a fake. Though I'm not sure if gold is an any better conduit of magic than any other item..."

I look questioningly at Ezeran as if asking him to affirm my last statement.

Pondering the knights statement Ezeran looks carefully at the chalice while studying it. "You are probably right, it depends on if it's connected to magical source or not. It could be a classic mechanical trap as well, I couldn't tell really..."

On 8/30/2017 at 8:34 AM, Goliath said:

"What is so special about this chalice?"

On 8/31/2017 at 10:49 AM, StickFig said:

Matthias wonders the same thing. "If it's so important, how come this is the first we're hearing of it?"

galedo.png
"He uses it to drink out of, something with magical potions he brews. I never see him do it, he's always behind closed doors when he drinks his potions. Maybe he turns into a monster and doesn't want us to see him. It's always guarded though."

On 8/31/2017 at 11:07 PM, MysticModulus said:

"If you want my opinion: leave it!"

On 9/3/2017 at 9:53 AM, MysticModulus said:

Pondering the knights statement Ezeran looks carefully at the chalice while studying it. "You are probably right, it depends on if it's connected to magical source or not. It could be a classic mechanical trap as well, I couldn't tell really..."

galedo.png
"If you're sure, we can push past."

All the uncertainty is grating on Matthias. "Let's just get to the man himself. Leave it for now."

You would all flee from the mere thought of a trap? We knew this whole meeting to be a trap from the onset.  If this amplifies the Den's power I say it is worth the danger to posess it.  It may lend us leverage against him in the end.

"But we're not just thieves breaking into someone's house and taking whatever we feel like. We had a specific purpose and though that already feels wrong enough..." I cut myself off. "I guess you know this Den man while I don't, but..."

Edited by Palathadric

"Or the trap may be mainly to slow us down so that he may complete some devious plan or make an escape with his true valuables. Time is of the essence; let's go," Matthias argues.

On 9/9/2017 at 6:19 PM, Asphalt said:

So be it then, though I believe we are missing a chance in this.  Let us go.

Walking fast after the others Ezeran casts a last glance a the trinket left behind. Trap or not, he couldn't tell but he had a feeling they were being watched. 

galedo.png
"Good, I feel like we've been here too long. This way." Galedo leads them out of the trophy room and to the common room where...

img_1728.jpg
Jeremiah and more guards take a stand. But Jeremiah is trembling ever so slightly.

jeremiah.png
"Please, just, just leave us be," Jeremiah says, his voice becoming a whine. "You've made your point, I don't want to fight you. I won't. Please just let us go."

galedo.png
"Jeremiah, command your men to lay down their arms, we have to stop your grandfather."

jeremiah.png
"They're not my men, they're his." Jeremiah then moves forward a half-step. The guards seem to take this as a first move to attack the Heroes. They raise their weapons. But the Heroes notice something important. In front of the guards, where they can't see his lips, Jeremiah mouths, "Attack them."

1 hour ago, Palathadric said:

"This is queer." I mutter.

"Brace yourself young master knight, we'll need your shield, sword and wits before this is over..." 

Ezeran studies the guards closely.

9 hours ago, KotZ said:

"I don't want to fight you. I won't."
In front of the guards, where they can't see his lips, Jeremiah mouths, "Attack them."

"Then don't," Matthias says impatiently, "unless you are not in control of yourself?"

Vindval steps forward while drawing the massive great sword at his hip.

Your fellows chose death over sense.  We ask only to speak with the Elder Den.  You have no need to die this day. Simply let us pass to your master.

Matthias marvels at the half-giant's beautiful language. Death over sense, you fellows, the gnome repeats to himself.

"Great, a couple more bellends to put six-feet deep."  Addok-Zo mutters.

"You know, for a wizard I didn't figure you to be a fool."  He pulls out his crossbow and readies himself.  "Last chance, Jeremiah - walk out peacefully or face the consequences."

Just had a computer crash and from my survey of the situation it seems to be either a CPU or motherboard problem. I'm posting from someone else's computer now and will try to stay somewhat present. I will still be traveling on the 19th, as I mentioned before, and am uncertain of my abilities to connect when I'll be away.

On 9/12/2017 at 11:22 PM, KotZ said:

Jeremiah mouths, "Attack them."

An idea of understanding hits Matthias and he stares hard at Jeremiah for a few seconds, then fires his cannon at the closest guard.