KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #158: Color Me Shocked

12x1.5=1818-9=9dmg

I must have flunked math badly, because that wasn't the answer I got. :look: 

:poke: 

On a serious note, not sure if my health is supposed to be full or not.

Edited by Palathadric

Ezeran brushes off some dirt from his robe. Well, I'm sorry my approach to this situation wasn't optimal! 

Ezeran searches the ground and the cell for clues and items.

Noticing that the sorcerer apologizes for his actions, Addok-Zo responds.  "Just... be more careful next time, yeah?"

He then tries to pry the helmet off the dead jailer.

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

Noticing that the sorcerer apologizes for his actions, Addok-Zo responds.  "Just... be more careful next time, yeah?"

I'll try, sorry for yelling at you. I can become a bit protective of Petaldan sometimes.

21 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

I'll try, sorry for yelling at you. I can become a bit protective of Petaldan sometimes.

"Understandable.  The world is a harsh, unforgiving place... especially for a child in this line of work."  He then peers down at the kid.  "Sometimes, you have to do bad things to keep others safe.  Hesitation and self-doubt will you get you and your friends killed."

Matthias checks everyone for injuries and nurtures any he finds so that everyone is full health.

I frown again as the last of the guards falls.

"I don't want any of their things." I say quietly.

Loot

Vindsval -Nostrum

Grayson-Mead

Petaldan-Mead

Matthias-Mead

Ezran-16 Gold

Addok-Zo-Potion, Broken Longsword

Vindsval kneels beside the dead men, mouth moving silently.  After gathering what he could, he stands and looks around the group, he sees the wizard, and hears his "apology".  With quickness not expected of one his size he strides across the clearing and grabs the mouth-bellied man by the front of this shirt and lifts him to his face.  His eyes blaze with rage and battle lust.  He very nearly roars in the man's face.

THIS IS NOT THE WILDERNESS AND THESE MEN WERE NOT BEASTS!!!!  There was no NEED for loss of life this day. 

He holds Ezeran out over the ground so he can see the bodies.

Because you needed to show off these seven men are dead.  Their wives are now widows, their Children now have no fathers.  I was chosen to lead this group.  This was my choice to make, to kill them or to not, and you took it upon yourself to issue their death warrants.  

The Giant clenches his mechanical fist, gears clack and pistons pump.  He takes a deep breath, trying to clear the haze of battle from his eyes and mind.  Slowly he sets Ezeran down on the ground. And Turns back to the dead.

This could have been avoided.  Know that the blood of these men is on all of our hands, but the guilt is yours.  I carry other burdens, I will not add this to them.  The Path that is walked can never be trod the same way again.  I hope you will learn from this.  We may not be so lucky the next time one of us acts in such haste.  But now we must leave this place. 

He quickly hands everyone what was gathered fro the dead.  He kneels beside the young knight as he hands him a bottle.

Let this not weigh upon you youngling.  The choice was taken from you and you acquitted yourself well.  Learn from this.  There are times when our hands are forced, and no matter whether we wish to do good or ill we must simply act and pray that it unfolds as the gods will.  It is good you take no joy from the killing of men who were only doing their job, but remember that we ourselves are also doing a job.  You have the makings of a good man within you Petaldan, continue your Path.

He stands and turns to Grayson.'

We need to leave Captain.  If you would lead us back to where we can speak in secret of what your friend knows.

Edited by Asphalt

Terrified but also intrigued by the half-giant's anger, Addok-Zo slightly raises his brow.  Inspecting the large man's mechanical arm as its racket grows louder.  He then peers at his own arm, inspecting it as if he had never seen it before.  He then finally looks at Vindsval's face.  For someone who looks so dangerous, he has the wits of a noble man.  He Addok-Zo thinks to himself - that is no monster.  Finally he clears his throat, "And how about the guy in the cell... Galedo?"

On 7/8/2017 at 8:40 AM, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran brushes off some dirt from his robe. Well, I'm sorry my approach to this situation wasn't optimal! 

Ezeran searches the ground and the cell for clues and items.

grayson.png
"It's over now, that's the imprtant part."

Ezeran finds nothing except dirt.

On 7/8/2017 at 11:01 AM, Goliath said:

Addok-Zo manages to pull the Protective helmet (SP: 4; headwear) off of the dead guard. It looks a little worn, but still useable.

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

Loot

Vindsval kneels beside the dead men, mouth moving silently.  After gathering what he could, he stands and looks around the group, he sees the wizard, and hears his "apology".  With quickness not expected of one his size he strides across the clearing and grabs the mouth-bellied man by the front of this shirt and lifts him to his face.  His eyes blaze with rage and battle lust.  He very nearly roars in the man's face.

THIS IS NOT THE WILDERNESS AND THESE MEN WERE NOT BEASTS!!!!  There was no NEED for loss of life this day. 

He holds Ezeran out over the ground so he can see the bodies.

Because you needed to show off these seven men are dead.  Their wives are now widows, their Children now have no fathers.  I was chosen to lead this group.  This was my choice to make, to kill them or to not, and you took it upon yourself to issue their death warrants.  

The Giant clenches his mechanical fist, gears clack and pistons pump.  He takes a deep breath, trying to clear the haze of battle from his eyes and mind.  Slowly he sets Ezeran down on the ground. And Turns back to the dead.

This could have been avoided.  Know that the blood of these men is on all of our hands, but the guilt is yours.  I carry other burdens, I will not add this to them.  The Path that is walked can never be trod the same way again.  I hope you will learn from this.  We may not be so lucky the next time one of us acts in such haste.  But now we must leave this place. 

He quickly hands everyone what was gathered fro the dead.  He kneels beside the young knight as he hands him a bottle.

Let this not weigh upon you youngling.  The choice was taken from you and you acquitted yourself well.  Learn from this.  There are times when our hands are forced, and no matter whether we wish to do good or ill we must simply act and pray that it unfolds as the gods will.  It is good you take no joy from the killing of men who were only doing their job, but remember that we ourselves are also doing a job.  You have the makings of a good man within you Petaldan, continue your Path.

He stands and turns to Grayson.'

We need to leave Captain.  If you would lead us back to where we can speak in secret of what your friend knows.

grayson.png
"Vindsval!" Grayson exclaims. "We need to keep our voices down." He then leads everyone into a back alley. "Everyone calm down for a bit. I want to make sure nobody saw before we return to Mayor Morris and the others."

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

Terrified but also intrigued by the half-giant's anger, Addok-Zo slightly raises his brow.  Inspecting the large man's mechanical arm as its racket grows louder.  He then peers at his own arm, inspecting it as if he had never seen it before.  He then finally looks at Vindsval's face.  For someone who looks so dangerous, he has the wits of a noble man.  He Addok-Zo thinks to himself - that is no monster.  Finally he clears his throat, "And how about the guy in the cell... Galedo?"

galedo.png
"I'm unharmed, but a little shaken," the servant replies. "Thanks for asking."

grayson.png
"Good. You have the map?"

galedo.png
"Yes, it's hidden in the lining of my clothes. I'll show it when we get to wherever the others are." Galedo adjusts his robes. "If I may say, I'm sure the jailer was on the Dens' payroll. If that makes any of you feel better. I'm sure it doesn't. Just know Calder and his grandson are not people to be trifled with. Calder Den is bent on living as long as possible. He's got ties to the criminal underworld across the region."

The Party

img_0711.jpg

Vindsval Half-Born (Asphalt)
39 year old, Male, Half Giant,
Level: 38.75 Vindicator *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened, Effects* Immune to Dark & Demonic enemies

Attacks cause Enraged, Burning 10, Poisoned 7, and Cursed.                                        
Power: 97 (38+50+1+1+6+1)
Power Bonus +9 (Armor +6, Henry's +2, Zoot's cookie +1)
Defense: 30
Health: 34/61 (9+33+15)
Ether: 42/42 (5+37)
Gold: 624
Equipment:                                                                                                                                      

Ludeus: WP: 25(50 with arm) Glowing Blade forged from the body of Immortalis. Be free from your endless burden, argent lord of lightning, and allow this blade to carry on your legacy. Successful hits have a 1/3 chance of Awakening the blade's true power, doubling the sword's WP for the next round. Doubling does not compound.  Greatsword/Longsword.
Shikokku's Stealth Suit (SP:7; Power +6, User is immune to Dark & Demonic enemies; Body, Head and Backwear counts as 1 Artefact)
Mythril Shield (SP: 20 Shield)
Mechanical Arm (Doubles WP for the equipped weapon; wearer cannot become disarmed; suitable for Vindsval only; handwear)
Wonky Shoes (footwear, SP: 3, suitable for all classes)(lent by Benj),
Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity toAsleep,Blinded,Confused, Fragile, and Weakened effects)(lent by Benji)
Inventory:

Consumables: 4X Mead, Smelling Salts, 5X Remedy, Potion, 11X Grand Potion, 3X Smoke Bomb, 3X Tonic, 4X Venom (poison -1), 3X Deadly Poison (Poison -10), Banana, Poison Bomb, 4X Hurricane - This exotic drink grants the Hilariously and Luckily Drunk-effect, doubling the power of every attack, provided the consumer can state a pun related to his attack with every attack for the duration of one battle, Bone, Fenghuang Essence, Agni Bomb, Elixir, Myrrh, Soma, 2X Phoenix Essence, Candy Cane (Restores 10 Health and 5 Ether), Health Core, Bag of Wonder (Summons a random Decamon that joins the battle for 5 rounds. 10 uses remaining, Consumable) 3X Mulled Wine, 3X Ambrosia, 2X Golden Lotus Flower (heals to full health upon consumption), Nostrum

Misc: Mythril Shard, 4X Grating Stone,  Bag of Wonder (Summons a random Decamon that joins the battle for 5 rounds. 10 uses remaining, Consumable), 

Weapons And Shields
Very Pink Parasol: Broomstick, WP:1, Male enemies are Enamored with the hero
Xeno Whip (WP:4, poisoning the Xeno Whip doubles the poison output, whip)
Ignis Blade (WP 5, Fire Elemental, Also ignore SP of foes weak to fire (Beasts, Icey, and Plants) Gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; Great Sword)

Gaia Blade (WP 5, Wood Elemental, Also ignore SP of foes weak to wood (aquatic and rock) Gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; Great Sword)

Witch's Hammer (WP 8, Poison 10, Hammer)

Leets d’Loc (WP:9, ice-elemental longsword)
Verkenner (WP:10, Broomstick,ranged)                                                                             

Renegade’s Crook (WP: 10, successful healing also poisons the target’s weapon by 3, staff)

Undead Antlers (WP: 10, Grants Intimidation, Darkness Elemental, Halberd)
Simurgh Wingblade (WP:12, cannot be used with a shield; great-sword)
Twin Sai (WP: 12, dual strike, dagger)
Stygian Blade (WP: 12, Longsword: WP doubled when using it against an Ethereal or Ancient enemy. The aura it exudes seems to be very cold, very luminescent water, the blade of Charon, the Angel of Death.)
Crystal Blade: WP: 16, Greatsword. Imbued with a diamond, as is light-elemental as a result. A transparent blade that the fallen angel Glaz wielded
Wrath Lance (WP:16, causes enraged and burning 10, poison 7 and cursed; Darkness and Fire Elemental, lance)

Artefacts:
Toxic Hood: (Headwear. The green hood worn by the Rosalia Pestilence. Changes the poisoned effect, to Blessed for the duration of the battle if poisoned while wearing the hood, Usable by all.)
Ten-Gallon Hat: Gives the wearer the "Tourist" effect, causing no one to take them seriously)
Gloves of the Hypocritical/Hippocratic Oath, Handwear, (Adds +10 to healing for characters with the Healing job trait and + 10 Poisoning for characters with the Wicked (or future equivalent) fighting style )
Mythril Mail (SP:10; suitable to knights and barbarians only; bodywear)
Anniversary Medal (Power +5, SP +5, Max Health +5, Max Ether +5. Values increase by 1 with each passing year; Accessory)
Gauntlets of the Legionnaire (Power +5, immune to Petrified, Handwear)                    

Wanderer's Seal (Vindicator's Seal, grants access to the Vindicator job class; suitable to followers of the Wanderer only)

Multi-tool Attachment (Artificial arm, Enables user to ignore the weapon restrictions of their class excluding Shields, Handwear, Suitable for Vindsval)

Gems: Emerald X2, Aquamarine , Garnet, Opal, Topaz, Diamond

Scrolls,
Scroll of Poisoning. Can be cast on a weapon to give it Poison 10, for the duration of the battle at the cost of 5 Ether.
Scroll of Frailty (Enables casting the Fragile effect to one target for three round. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.)

Decamon Cards: Cherub (Luminous 3)

Tools: Bed Roll, Shovel, Magic Compass

petaldan_parfenius.jpgPaladin Petaldan Parfenius (Played by Palathadric)
5-year-old male "wonder" Knight *Immune to *Stunned*, *Bound*, *Petrified**and *Rock (Earth)*-Elemental Damage
Level:
Power: 17
Defense: 9
Health: 23/23 10+11+2*
Gold: 98
Equipment: Brine Blade (WP: 5, 1/6 chance to trigger a Flood (see Weather Mage) when dealing damage, Longsword), Shield (SP: 5; Shield), Gloves of the Boy Wonder (SP:2; immunity to *Stunned*, *Bound*, and *Petrified*; suitable to Petaldan only; handwear), Really Hard Helmet (SP: 2, Immunity to Rock)
Inventory:
Weapons: Slimy Sword (WP:20, can be split into several weaker Slimy Swords or combined with other Slimy Swords to increase WP and split apart again at any time, Longsword)
Artifacts: Baron's Oversized Hat (wearer is permanently Encouraged and Slowed; headwear), Cloak of Innocence (SP: 3; grants the wearer immunity to Darkness, if the health of the wearer is below 50% the wearer is also *Blessed*; Backwear; Suitable for Petaldan only)
Gems: Emerald
Consumables: Grand Potion x 2, Remedy x 2, Phoenix Essence, Ambrosia, Smoke Bomb x 6, Fire Bomb, Level-Up Mushroom, mead
Tools: Bedroll, Etherium Ore (may applied to one weapon to allow it to deal the Sealed-effect permanently), Letter of Recommendation (Increases reputation with one of the seven main factions depending on the user's choice.)
*Greasy Sausage

po8wl0x.pngAddok-Zo Obbex (Goliath)
135 year old Male Wakorian Ranger
Level 8
Power: 19 (8 + 11)
Defense: 0
Health: 13/13
Gold: 125
Equipment: Crossbow (wp:11), Scavenger's Toolkit  (Replaces the user's '4' roll with ENHANCEMENT (see Artisan); accessory, suitable to Addok-Zo only)

Weapon and Armor: Bandits crossbow (WP.5, Crossbow)Jury-Rigged Long Hand Cannon (WP:3), Pugilist’s Gloves (Power +2, protects from weakened-effect; handwear.), Leather Armor, Broken Sword (1 WP; longsword), Protective helmet (SP: 4; headwear)
Inventory: 1 Mead, 4 Potion, 1 Smoke Bomb, 2 Venom,  1 Fire Bomb,  1 lightningbombs, 1 Carrion beetle horn (The horn can be attached to any blunt weapon to permanently deal Bleeding 2 effect) (but also including spears, polearms, handcannons etc. Only swordlike weapons are excluded), bone.

* Additional +1 health from eating a moldy sausage. (Quest 154)

29831773111_ce9d27418d_t.jpg
Ezeran Yavarr (MysticModulus)
42 year old male human Sorcerer
Level 22 *Immune to Wood and Fire, Sealed and Blindness* *Enemies that hit Ezeran become slowed* *BOUND for 3 Rounds*
Power Bonus: 3 (+2 spellpower)
Defense: 6
Health: 36/36
Ether: 30/30
Gold: 289
Equipment: Ooze Wand (WP: 10, 1/3 chance to Slow), Sneezing Demon (SP:3; enemies that hit the wearer become slowed; immunity to woodfire  and blindness, suitable to Ezeran only; bodywear), Etherium Pauldrons (SP:3, immune to sealed; backwear), Sedge hat (Max. Ether +4; headwear)
Inventory:
Weapons - 
Trickster’s Baubel (WP:6, each hit causes one random effect: stunned, poisoned by 1, asleep, blinded, sealed or confused; wand), Ancient Sapphamber Staff (WP:8, doubled against Ancient enemies, staff), Simple Staff (WP: 10)
Artifacts - Hood of the Elementalist (SP:1, *Absorbs darkness*; headwear, suitable to anyone),  Pointy Hat, Mage's Muffler, Bad Luck Charm, White Ninja Cowl, Begone with the Winds (Allows access to the Weather Mage Class, Accessory)
Gems - Emerald (Wood), Ruby (Fire), Diamond (Light),  Sapphire (wind), Amethyst (Darkness)
Consumables - 5x grand potions, 5x grand tonics, 3x Remedy, 2x smelling salts, ether core, nostrums, 2x Smoke Bomb, myrrh, venom, Mulled Wine, Pickled Mushroom, Soma, 2x Golden Lotus Flower (heals to full health upon consumption)
Tools - Crescent Seal  (+2 Power, +1 Free item usage during the first round of battle), Bedroll, Shovel

vJi7H1L.png Matthias @StickFig
Level 30 Druid *Immune to EarthIce, and Water* *Immune to Blinded, Bound, Fragile, Sealed, and Slowed* *½ chance immunity to Asleep*Deals Fragile* *Gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed*
Power Bonus: 15
Defense: 7
Health:
 42/42
Ether: 30/31
Gold: 475
Abilities: Bearer of the Anvil (Matthias may sacrifice his turn to add his WP or SP to another heroes for the round; he may also improve one weapon at the end of each quest [+1 WP]), Immortal Waters (Once per quest, Matthias can heal himself to full health and remove all negative effects during combat; this does not take up an action)
Equipment: Ethereal Restored Fireball Extraordinaire (WP:12; also hits enemies listed above and below the target; 
Darkness-, Ice-, and Lightning-elemental; deals Fragile; user is Slowed; hand cannon), Ethereal Steampunk Stovepipe (SP:1; immunity to Earth and Water; protects from Blinded and Sealed; ½ chance to protect from Asleep-effect; suitable for men; headwear), Hunter's Plate (SP:4; wearer gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed; suitable for rogues, rangers, barbarians, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators, and winged warriors) (Dreyrugr), Ethereal Rocket Boots (SP:2; immunity to Ice; protects from BoundFragile, and Slowed effects; footwear), Sungold Seal (+3 power, +2 health)
Inventory: Ethereal XX Handcannon Replica (WP:12, pierces defense, 
Fire- and Light-elemental, deals Afraid, hand cannon),  Peashooter (WP:2, deals Burning -2, hand cannon), Stave of Grasping Thorns (WP:15; Roots of Life triggers a Kudzu (see Weather Mage); staff)Tinkerer's Wrench (WP:10; double WP against Mechanical; ranged, retrievable, throwing weapon), Dapper Hat (This amazingly dapper hat gives the wearer a  chance of being Encouraged at the start of any battle, headwear)Trickster's Mask of the Human (Changes the wearer into a human of the same gender when worn, accessory), 2x Adamantite Shard (¼ of a full Adamantite ore, used for adamantizing weapons), 8x Bone (Distracts the target for the duration of 1 round, preventing Free Hits; worth 5 gold in magic shops), Candy Cane (Restores 10 Health and 5 Ether), Deadly Venom, 3x Elixir, Emergency Essence, Grand Potion, Grand Tonic, 2x Grating Stone, 5x Nostrum, Potion, 2x Red Death Blood, 3x Remedy, 4x Shattering Arrow (Lowers enemy SP by 5, suitable for classes with bows and crossbows), 5x Smelling Salts, 3x Tonic, Zhar-ptitsa Incense (Revives all party members to full health and grants the Blessed, Reinforced, and Transcended effects, consumable), Bedroll, Magic Compass, 3x Fire Bomb, Skadi Bomb, Smoke Bomb, mead
Quest Items: Guffington's Seal (Proves the hero is a Friend of Guffington - the hero starts every quest with one Hero's Cocktail (Makes the hero EncouragedHastenedLucky, and Inspired, consumable))
Glory Points: 44

grayson.png
Captain Grayson (NPC) (takes suggestions from the party)
Human male Infiltrator
Level:
HP: 40/40
Defense: 10
Equipment: Tridentian Longsword (WP: 10; longsword), Dastan Shield (SP: 4; shield), Plate armor (SP: 6; backwear)
Inventory: 2x potions, 2x mead, nostrum

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

"He's got ties to the criminal underworld across the region."

"Sounds like Heroica,Matthias muses quietly, as they wait for the coast to clear.

I look on in terror as Vind seizes Ezeran. Frozen for a moment, unsure of what to do, by the time I am ready to react Vind has already released his hold on Ezeran.

I remain transfixed, hilt of my sword in my hand.

Finally, I snap back to reality, seeing the mead the giant gave me. I wonder why anyone would give such a drink to one as young as myself, especially after I said that I wanted nothing from the guards.

Quietly, I slip the mead I had been handed to Ezeran.

Ezeran shrugs and brushes off some more dust from his robe. Mind you master Half Giant that hesitation is what gets you killed, if the spell had worked as intended the jailer would have been harder to detect than your plan which you didn't put in action fast enough not to put us at risk. Concerning these guards. Ezeran points at the bodies. They knew their duty and the risks that came with it. Now if you want to lead then go on and lead but don't expect us to stand and wait while you wrestle with your moral standards. 

Ezeran slips Petaldan 10 gold for the mead.

Edited by MysticModulus

If you believe your own words master mage you are indeed a fool.  There are indeed times when immediate action, immediate death is the only answer.  This was not one of them.  There was no need to resort to cheap sideshow tricks when there were more sure plans of action.  The last comes out as a quiet growl.  The giant looks down to see his hands clenched into fists.  The claws of his right hand dig into his palm, causing blood to slowly drip onto the cobblestones.  At the site of the blood Vindsval begins to feel the battle rage rise within him again.  The blood red haze starts to cloud his vision.  Control it, or it will control you.  Your rage is your tool, if you allow the tool to break you.  A broken Blade is of no use to me. 

The voice in his head brings his eyes wide and he shakes his head.  When his eyes clear he looks down at the medallion fastened to his cloak.   The Vindicator emblem.  It almost shines.   I must control this power. He whispers to himself.

Vindsval removes a smoke bomb from his bag and rolls it towards the cell door, allowing its expanding cloud to fill the courtyard..  This should allow us to leave unseen.  Captain Grayson, we will follow your lead.  Take us somewhere we can plan our next move.

7 hours ago, Asphalt said:

If you believe your own words master mage you are indeed a fool.  There are indeed times when immediate action, immediate death is the only answer.  This was not one of them.  There was no need to resort to cheap sideshow tricks when there were more sure plans of action.

Matthias adds to Half-Born's words in a low, quiet voice. "Master Vindsval is right, Master Ezeran. And even if those guards knew the ultimate possibility of their duties, we had no need to enact it. We were in no immediate risk - and indeed, in no risk even once they spotted us, as witness by their remains and our lack of wounds. I do not relish the fact that I killed four of them because of your lack of restraint."

Then then gnome addresses the giant, in the same steady voice, as the latter prepares his smoke grenade. "I do not expect there will be further reason for such unproductive outbursts, Master Vindsval.

Standing between all the bickering amongst his companions, Addok-Zo is unsure of who to side with.  He respects the fact that Ezeran apologized and realized what he had done was too ambitious and dangerous.  On the other hand, he agrees with Vindsval that the sorcerer put them at risk and put us in a situation to kill some presumably innocent men.  Despite all this, he tries to remain neutral and not add fuel to the fire.  "We should move fast, this smoke's not gonna last forever."

"Shouldn't we bury the bodies rather than just leave them here? I was always told that was a good thing to do. Otherwise, well..."

Ezeran sighs. "Enough with the moral lectures, you can call a conference on ethical discussions when we are back in Eubric but for now we have a job to do investigating this matter. I already apologized so let us move on." the symbiont snarls before being hushed by Ezeran.

Edited by MysticModulus

19 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Shouldn't we bury the bodies rather than just leave them here? I was always told that was a good thing to do. Otherwise, well..."

If we were elsewhere I would say yes, but in this place I dont believe it would be looked favorably on.  Most townsfolk prefer their dead in a cemetery.  We also must Leave before more people arrive.

10 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran sighs. "Enough with the moral lectures, you can call a conference on ethical discussions when we are back in Eubric but for now we have a job to do investigating this matter. I already apologized so let us move on." the symbiont snarls before being hushed by Ezeran.

That you believe your response to be an apology speaks more than I can on the subject.  But you are right in that we must Move on before the smoke clears and we are seen,

Captain, please lead us to where we can safely discuss our next move.

52 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

If we were elsewhere I would say yes, but in this place I dont believe it would be looked favorably on.  Most townsfolk prefer their dead in a cemetery.  We also must Leave before more people arrive.

That you believe your response to be an apology speaks more than I can on the subject.  But you are right in that we must Move on before the smoke clears and we are seen,

Captain, please lead us to where we can safely discuss our next move.

Matthias gives the Captain an expectant stare, ready to depart the area.

grayson.png
The captain watches the Heroes bicker back and forth. After a moment, almost reluctantly, he says "Let's go back to the others."

The group takes numerous alleyways and doubles back along their route, making sure they aren't being followed. Once they're certain they are in the clear, they go back into the meeting spot.

william.png
"What took so long?"

grayson.png
"We had a small scuffle."

william.png
William feels the tension, but says nothing. Instead, he looks to Galedo. "So you're the man who's to help us. You have the map?"

galedo.png
"Yes. But not until I get paid," he replies, still shaken.

The Tridentians share a look, but William pays the servant. The man pulls out the map.

traci.png
Traci is the first one to get to it. "So there's a front entrance and a side entrance?"

galedo.png
"Correct." Galedo nods. "Two ways in or out. The side entrance is through the garden, which helps some of the water supply to the residence. If I can make a suggestion, poisoning it could help make things easier for you."

jackson.png
"That's a smart move."

grayson.png
"You don't know the half of it," Grayson mutters, referencing the recent battle.

galedo.png
"When you're inside, there's numerous hallways, but there are three main rooms we should check out. One is the trophy room. It's where Calder stores magical items. The second is the servant quarters. Expect guards there, though. The third is the Great hall. If Den is anywhere, he will be there. That's also where his magical painting is. He claims it gives him energy and youth. It's his most prized posession."

traci.png
"That must have been made from the golden lotus."

galedo.png
"So he says."

william.png
"Well, Heroes," William begins, "is there anything else you think we need to know? If you want, you can head over with Galedo, he'll guide you through the place. You can take one other of us with you. The rest need to prepare the boats for us to leave. We need to get out of here quickly. Or you can head up top to Rex and give him some bombs. He's overlooking the residence right now, and you can call in some bombs from him during your raid."

luke.png
Luke, having been quiet this whole time, goes up to Vindsval and whispers, "Do I want to know what happened?" He then goes to Petaldan, saying, "I can tell your upset. It's difficult seeing stuff like this so young. It was the same for me."

Do you by chance follow the Witchery Way master Galedo?  There is both power and danger in that action, but it is something that could be easily done.

Before we make a decision to go anywhere, there are those among us who are too lightly armed and armored for prolonged conflict.  Do you have access to an armory, a smith, an alchemist, an arcanarium? Anything that would allow us to outfit ourselves more fully against the battles to come?

Vindsval looks down at Luke.

Decisions were made in haste that led to men dying who may not have needed to.  I fear I handled the aftermath poorly.  I walk a new Path.  I am now the Wanderer's Blade in this land.  His hand of both protection and Vengeance.  I admit I was unprepared for how it would effect me, and my anger rose against those I should call friend.  I must strive to control it or it may go badly for me.  I must keep the beast that men see within, never without.

He directs towards Traci.

It was on my first journey to Tridentia that I helped recover the magical Lotus.  Den's artists used it to create the paints for that painting.  It does indeed hold great Power.

I would have Lucas with us.  I am interested to see him test his metal.  Our Paths have been long in converging.  As far as entrance?  The side path through the Garden seems as if it would cause less notice.  An armed band walking up to the front door would not go unchallenged.  From there the Trophy room, perhaps to find and advantage, then the servants quarters, and finally the hall.   What say the rest of you?

7 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Do you by chance follow the Witchery Way master Galedo?  There is both power and danger in that action, but it is something that could be easily done.

Before we make a decision to go anywhere, there are those among us who are too lightly armed and armored for prolonged conflict.  Do you have access to an armory, a smith, an alchemist, an arcanarium? Anything that would allow us to outfit ourselves more fully against the battles to come?

Vindsval looks down at Luke.

Decisions were made in haste that led to men dying who may not have needed to.  I fear I handled the aftermath poorly.  I walk a new Path.  I am now the Wanderer's Blade in this land.  His hand of both protection and Vengeance.  I admit I was unprepared for how it would effect me, and my anger rose against those I should call friend.  I must strive to control it or it may go badly for me.  I must keep the beast that men see within, never without.

He directs towards Traci.

It was on my first journey to Tridentia that I helped recover the magical Lotus.  Den's artists used it to create the paints for that painting.  It does indeed hold great Power.

I would have Lucas with us.  I am interested to see him test his metal.  Our Paths have been long in converging.  As far as entrance?  The side path through the Garden seems as if it would cause less notice.  An armed band walking up to the front door would not go unchallenged.  From there the Trophy room, perhaps to find and advantage, then the servants quarters, and finally the hall.   What say the rest of you?

Ezeran nods in agreement with the plan while pondering the layout of the structure.

"If we knock on the front door they may let us in." I offer.

Matthias waits silently for a decision to be made. His eyes smile a little at Parfenius' suggestion.