Sign in to follow this  
rjg173

Further Adventurers Flying

Sometimes Johnny Thunder and the other adventurers had to fly commercial. Below is my moc of the Wibault 283, an Air France airliner of the 1930s.

IMG_0005

For trips around the Mediterranean Sea, they may have flown on the Lioré et Olivier LeO H-242, an Air France flying boat.

IMG_0011

Nicely done.  I keep daydreaming about building big, realistic airplanes like this, but then the time and money involved scare me off.  How long did it take you to gather the parts and complete the builds?  Could you please post some pictures of the interiors?

Both airplanes were designed in LDD so I knew exactly what parts I needed. Purchasing needed parts from Bricklink took about 3-4 weeks for each aircraft. The build time for each was about five hours. While the Wibault has a row of seats and cockpit, I have no photographs of the interior, yet. The seaplane has no interior at all. The H-242 has about 580 parts, while the Wibault 283 has about 650 parts. Both have removable wings so I can pack them into a paper box and transport them to shows. This causes a very noticeable drop in the wings of the seaplane.

On 20.06.2017 at 8:35 AM, rjg173 said:

Both airplanes were designed in LDD so I knew exactly what parts I needed. Purchasing needed parts from Bricklink took about 3-4 weeks for each aircraft. 

Oh, I were always wondering, how to gather enough bricks in same color!