KotZ

BRICKYWOOD: Scum in La La Land Mafia - Sign Ups!

35077146455_a2d70a360b.jpg

Lights, Camera, Action! Time is money in the film biz, and it's mafia time. Your lovely hosts Darkdragon and I are looking for 16-21 players, but it's adjustable depending on the sign-ups. So come on in, and audition answer these questions.

1) Have you ever played Mafia before, and what's your experience? If not, have you read some of the games we've had on here?
2) Can you commit to the game timewise?
3) If you could be part of the glitz and glamour (and ugly side) of these things called motion pictures, what would you want to be?

The sign-up thread will run until we hit the bare minimum at least. An important note, the game is being cohosted by our fantastic @Darkdragon and I, with the stunning pictures coming from her. For your convenience, the rules have been attached below, so everyone knows what they're getting into.

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the ABS (Town) or the Burpamount (Scum). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum/Evil characters, while the Scum must outnumber the Town. Any Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.
  3. Every “day” is 72 hours long. That’s 3 days. Plenty of time. You can’t vote for the first 24 hours, but as soon as the 25th hour begins, you can. At the end of the 72 hours, the Night stage follows for a majority of 48 hours.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game hosts. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  6. You may not quote PMs from other players. Quoting PMs from other players will result in a same-day 3-vote penalty against you for each incident.
  7. Do not play the game outside the day-thread and PMs. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game. Play with your roles. Have fun with them and get into character, you'll enjoy the game more.
  8. If you are dead, your game is over. You may not comment on the game to any living or dead players in any form. This includes posting, private messaging, direct chat, email or any other form of online or offline communication with the exception of the deadboard, provided to you by the game hosts. The deadboard is for dead-to-dead player communication only. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on. The same applies for living players making contact with those who are no longer playing, no matter what the stated purpose. Both situations can appear to be an attempt to gain information or cause influence that would be unfair to the remaining living players. Whether you are still playing or have already died, if you are contacted inappropriately, please notify the hosts immediately. Violation of this rule will result in instant mod-kill, taking away of your Oscar, and bad press.
  9. You may not edit your posts. Editing your post will result in a 2-vote penalty. All EB staff can see ALL edits. This is your only warning.
  10. You must post in every Day Thread. Failure to do so will result in a 1-vote penalty at the start of the next day.
  11. You must vote in every Day Thread. Failure to do so will result in a 1-vote penalty at the start of the next day.
  12. These rules will not change through the game. Do not pester the hosts about changing any rules.
  13. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the hosts using your role PM. All other forms of communications will be ignored.
  14. There are no clues in the photos.
  15. There are no clues in the photos!
  16. Characters were created separately from roles being assigned, so the type of expression/headgear/tone/clothing/etc has nothing to do with what team a character is on.
  17. Placement of a character within a photo does not indicate what team the character is on.
  18. Some figures have dual-sided heads and the heads might be turned around for photos if the scene warrants it. This is not an indication of the allegiance of the character!
  19. There are no clues in the photos.
  20. Play and have fun. Be silly, serious, comedic, dramatic, whatever you think works to help your team win. Just remember it's a game.

Sure, I'll sign up. 

1. I've played in a few Mafia Games on the sight: Cosplay Party Mafia and Main Street Mafia.
2. I believe I should be fine. If anything does come up, I'll let you guys know.
3. I'd prefer a writing credit somewhere, although honestly my writing does need some work, as I'm a little rusty. :blush:

Yes! I have been waiting a long time for a new game. 

1. Yes, 2 mafia games and 1 secret enemies game.

2. Yep.

3. I want the exiting job of directing.

Finally! 

1. Yes, 6 I think.

2. Yep

3. Stuntman, I'm good at stunts, (I think :grin:)

Hey, look some old faces! Glad to see you guys want in.

It's been a while.

1. I've been in three games and that Heroica special event a while back. I tend to die. A lot.

2. Yes, though that may be subject to change.

3. Voice actor for animated films, or a special effects man.

I'll play.

1) I've been playing since like 2009. Take that for what you will.

2) I sure hope so!

3) Seems like a loaded question to me. Probably an actor I guess. 

It has been far too long!

1. Yeah, I think I've played 3 or 4 now.

2. Yeah, good time of year for me.

3. Give me that director's chair on an animated production!

Hooray!  Mafia's back!  I'd love to be a part of this but will be travelling a fair amount until early August.

You should ping some of the previous participants who may not be visiting this forum.

Just now, fhomess said:

Hooray!  Mafia's back!  I'd love to be a part of this but will be travelling a fair amount until early August.

You should ping some of the previous participants who may not be visiting this forum.

Won't your phone have internet access while you travel?  :grin:

4 hours ago, fhomess said:

Oh come on, you could always just die night 1 :laugh:

I'm in! It's been too long.

1) I played a couple and even hosted one with mixed results. :look:

2) I may not be available for much of the 2nd weekend in July, but will try my best to check in at least once or twice.

3) Hmm... I would probably want to work in postproduction, sound mixing/special effects and whatnot. :grin: 

I'm in!! Yay.

Q1: No, 0 experience, haven't read the stuff (i don't know where to start :look:)

Q2: I think so, will try my best.

Q3: Actor?? I don't know the point of this question. :wacko:

Side question: do we build at all or is this RPG only?

54 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I'm in!! Yay.

Q1: No, 0 experience, haven't read the stuff (i don't know where to start :look:)

Side question: do we build at all or is this RPG only?

You should probably read this. There is no building involved, and this is not an RPG. It's more of a social game. :wink:

Sweet, another mafia! I really wanted to get into it, but sadly it's been awhile since one was hosted.

1.) I've played once.

2.) I will be available.

3.) Director. I've always wanted to direct a motion picture.

On 6/22/2017 at 8:39 AM, Darkdragon said:

Won't your phone have internet access while you travel?  :grin:

Not in several of the spots I'll be going, actually.

On 6/22/2017 at 1:29 PM, KotZ said:

Oh come on, you could always just die night 1 :laugh:

Inconceivable!

I'd given up on this ever happening again, but you brought me back! (Hi old friends)

1) Have you ever played Mafia before, and what's your experience? If not, have you read some of the games we've had on here?

Ya, should be in my sig. 
2) Can you commit to the game timewise.

probably not but sure
3) If you could be part of the glitz and glamour (and ugly side) of these things called motion pictures, what would you want to be?

hmmm...camera man maybe

IT's like we're getting the band back together:laugh:

Oh hey, what's happening here? Mafia you say? Why don't mind if I do.

1)  Yes, I have read a few now and then.

2)  I will strike a balance between obsessive hourly accusations and appropriate participation.

3)  Obviously I am the star of the show. *hair swish*

*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? This thing better be on, dammit, I'm only making this announcement once. Someone make sure this thing is on! What? Oh, it is. Well, good.

So, I'm here. I'm not answering questions. What do you think this is, a senate hearing? *chuckles* What? Oh, right, I forgot that we're not supposed to mention that. Whatever, you didn't hear it from me.

I don't know how much this gig pays, but I could use a few bucks, so sign me up and make those checks payable to cash, we're between banks.

*looking around* skimmed through the lovely and grim novels on the shelves. Ohh, lovely indeed. 

I may be an old relic, to some extent. I could love to have a comeback even though I have not played in recent years. You know my creditenials :wink:

I am in. 

1) I haven't played any games recently, but I still seem to have a vague recollection about how there's voting and killing involved, right? 

2) I'll be free

3) An extra. But a damn good one! 

I really like the names I'm seeing sign up, it's been awhile since I've seen some of them!

3 hours ago, jluck said:

I really like the names I'm seeing sign up, it's been awhile since I've seen some of them!

I told you we're getting the band back together!:laugh: