kris kelvin

Alpha Centauri "Copernicus Base"

Hello.

It`s my lastest MOC or rather my lastest WIP. It` still missing few buildings and lots of details but I can`t finish this so…

Everyone colonizes Mars so I decided to send my minifigs (who are not present as you can see :D) to Alpha Centauri.

It`s not easy to explore space with family!

Here are some photos:

35248023861_2d62239406_b.jpg

34567750833_74daa075c8_b.jpg

34567750243_2f91155f44_b.jpg

35248015701_1a0e892f37_b.jpg

And that`s all.

Wow! This is really impressive. Your builds have a very believable NASA-in-the-near-future-look to them. I also really love the mechanical-look of the antenna dish.  Great work! :classic:

This build is fantastic.  The corridors, the solar arrays, the rovers, the communications dish - they all have amazing construction techniques and look just right for a near-future moonbase setting.  My favorite part is the airlock at the end of the near wing of the base in the first photo.  I've daydreamed about building something like that a few times, but have never been able to figure out how to get it to work.  The mottled brown and red of the ground doesn't attract the eye at all, but upon inspection it's very impressive too.  I bet the entire layout cost a Bricklink fortune in the Insectoids legs alone.

On 20.06.2017 at 0:18 AM, icm said:

I bet the entire layout cost a Bricklink fortune in the Insectoids legs alone.

Well, it`s hard to tell. Many bricks bought from Lego LUGBULK Program (much cheaper than BL, especially baseplates), but overall it was costly project.

Thanks all for nice comments guys :)

I like the Green Elements. Just what every colony needs. Green is known to have a calming influence on Humans. 

Which is why we never see any on space ships in films. :laugh:

This is an amazing build.  Is that R5D4 hanging out on the main structure?

This is awesome,

I really appreciate the consistent mix of old dark grey and new greys, ground colouring, and the frequent appearance of the old technic steering piece.

Great colours, great parts use, and great subject. Well done!:thumbup:

Incredible space build! You have a great sense of style and lots of creative parts usage. The big satellite dish, the fuel tanks, and solar panels are my favorite parts. 

I've been loving this on the Flikr boards. The theme is outstanding and I love all the auxiliary vehicles you have designed for it.

Thanks all for nice comments. It`s nica as always :)

By the way. Here it is another part of this diorama. Plant facility "Linnaeus":

35802829675_0db6319421_b.jpg

35633238372_230250580c_b.jpg