dr_spock

Sea Rats: Sign-up and Discussion, ERA II

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to following your stories!

I too started very rusty after a long dark age - you'll probably find you learn something with every mock you make, and every one you look at here.

Omni Al-Hash, ibn Ohnihash

51245331983_cd49075476_b.jpg

Omni Al-Hash comes from long line of camel caravan leaders in Great Western Mokolei desert. When he reached thirty springs he achieved two milestones in his life: firstly he was been called to charge his first own caravan run to the Camba oases. Secondly he finally admited to himself how much he hate the desert. The sand everywhere scorching sun and freezing winds in the night and most of it - the camels. He despited these spitting kicking beasts by eternal hate with every fiber of his body. He knew that there is no easy way off and just simly walking out will bring shame to his family for next three generations. He needed plan and a solid one.  First steps in oasis led him to seek a consultation by wise men at the altar of Ethernal flame. They accepted his gifts sacrificed the soul of the chicken and wine to the Flame and consumed their physical remains.

51245335713_b9ea6b0f85_b.jpg
After a while of awkward silence filed with chewing and gurping tho oldest one summed it up: So you are trying to leave the desert without leaving your family behind? Seems to me you will have to strech them with you. You have to turn your liabilities into your assets!

Family caravans were usually trading incense and spices from the east coast for hookah and carpets in Camba. West of Camba is just more sand and soldiers and taxes. But to the east of Rodec is ocean and in in in a good month sale with a fast ship are the riches. Or maybe not riches but Omni is not eating another scorpion fried on camel dung in his life again!

51245900019_79d4b8462b_b.jpg

51245139781_6cc8e2f3e4_b.jpg

two monts, 7 camel infused scorpion dinners and one really intense family meeting later:
Finaly free!
We managed to get pretty sweat deal on this beauty. She's a skinny one but fast as morning run after bad badge of camel milk. I call her the Vengeance of the desert. My cousin Abdul and his wife joined me after couple hours of negotiating between my father and uncle. Family bussineses are allways intense. Grand uncle Yossuf - only family member knowing not only how to swim but even how to actually drive a boat after 30 crayfishing in Mokolei bay led our trip as a boat expert and my 1st lieutenant.
 With his expertise the first Great Western Desert colonisation party in New Word arrived to Poppy Port only two weeks and one broken arm beihind the schedule. They didn't know much but about local issues but liked the idea living without taxes kind a lot so they decided to break a camp on the beach and offer some famous desert hospitality: hookah, tea and cookies for some informations about surrounding seas and affairs. Then and when Abdul will be able to walk again we will decide what to do and where to go. That guy is deffinitelly not a sea rat!

51245155701_717acecec2_b.jpg

Edited by omnihash_cz
grammar edit

Omni Al-Hash, welcome to the Sea Rats! Great, 3 beautiful buildings and a ship at the beginning!:pir-love:Interesting and well-researched background story.

A class 2 ship and 1 small property is free. I still see 1 medium Artisan and 1 medium Art and Culture that you can license.

You are welcome to Poppy Port. You can build whatever you want.

Mokolei Empire:

Edited by NOD

On 6/14/2021 at 3:07 AM, NOD said:

Omni Al-Hash, welcome to the Sea Rats! Great, 3 beautiful buildings and a ship at the beginning!:pir-love:Interesting and well-researched background story.

A class 2 ship and 1 small property is free. I still see 1 medium Artisan and 1 medium Art and Culture that you can license.

Thanks
I am newbie in Lego Studio and so far just discovering the posibilities of the engine so I played little bit while waiting for registration confirmation. I propably didn´t get the economic system right so my goal was to make some DB from licensing free MOC and licennne the tent as a medium artisan from it. Where can i get answers for these kind of questions? Is it here? Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II - Page 73 - Brethren of the Brick Seas - Eurobricks Forums

Thanks for the link, cool story.

I am trying to answer your questions:

Master Index for BOBS

By Land - Maps, Properties, and Settlements in the EGS

First you do a topic with your 16x16 build. Then fill out the following form:

Build Submittal Form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeOq-geQiR6JC_r5aACqR26Wom8Oy8lSYvYdwLrPNgHqlhZDw/viewform

Faction * Sea Rats

What type of build is this? * Free Build

Is this build able to be licensed as a land-based property? * Yes

What settlement is this build associated with? Otherwise, leave blank. * Poppy Port

Next you fill out the following form:

Property License Transaction Form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd-CjzQc4IFkjBs2ftGWOo9HjvdpXobrD7qgcepIyfICrMugw/viewform

Faction * Sea Rats

Is this a free property license? * Yes, this is my first small property that is not a residence, mine, or fort.

What size property are you licensing? (Make sure you have enough DBs to afford it!) * Small

Which type of property are you buying? * Artisan (What about the tower and wall in your photo?, Are row boats for hire there? Then it's an artisan)

Thereby you have licensed your first small property.

Then you do a topic with the tent and a topic with the temple.

What size property are you licensing? (Make sure you have enough DBs to afford it!) * Medium

Is this a free property license? * No

Edited by NOD

On 6/13/2021 at 6:18 PM, omnihash_cz said:

Omni Al-Hash, ibn Ohnihash

Really outstanding opening salvo! What an exciting new character to have on the Brick Seas! Welcome! Excited to have you!

11 hours ago, omnihash_cz said:

Where can i get answers for these kind of questions? Is it here

Welcome aboard, Omni - I absolutely love the idea of a Mokolei inspired character travelling to Terra Nova, and you have executed it very well. I can hardly wait to follow your builds and stories! :pir-blush::thumbup:

The main thread is a good place to ask questions, but you will find the various rules under the master index as linked by NOD. We are always happy to answer questions, so never hesitate to ask, either here in your own faction thread, or the main bobs thread.

Great, thanks for advice guys. As soon as I will have 10 posts i'll create topics for each MOC. Until then I will post them to the Poppy Port topic and will edit them later with appropriate links etc.

Welcome @omnihash_cz : did you see that I sent you a PM ? (a red tag with a white " 1 " inside at the top right corner of that page just beside an envelope and another red tag with a white "1" because I tagged your pseudo beside a bell )

You will be soon added to the Sea Rat common channel.

Welcome on board! I was always finding researching piracy "on the other ponds" of the world (besides Caribbean that is) fascinating so a Mokolei trader/pirate is spot on!

Eat that Kaliphlin!!! Oh wait, this is from another story from another era! :pir-grin:

Edited by blackdeathgr

On 6/20/2021 at 9:58 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Eat that Kaliphlin!!! Oh wait, this is from another story from another era! :pir-grin:

What's that?  Kaliphlin rules, here and everywhere! :angry:

:pir-grin:

270 soldiers stationed in a fledgling settlement? Smart businessmen would see golden opportunities for fun and entertainment here! That these smart businessmen have a slightly more shadowy background? As long as the drink flows, no one will notice this. Also, all these soldiers need food and they will have a good baker/butcher/... eternally grateful.

Maybe there are smart businessmen here? Or are you a craft song who is an expert in his profession? An excellent butcher? The bakery with the tastiest sandwiches?

Interested in building a pub/artisan/brothel/bar/... in Damaborg, feel free to send a pm to me :pir-sweet:

Buildingstyle: "frontier" => wood/Timberwork with colourfull support beams.

Just as in Trador, properties are safe and will not be seized in case of future events.
Edited by Maxim I

William cutter

William "will" Cutter 

William traveled over to the new world around 604 with his mother. as his father was captain of the privateer ship endurance under the protection of the queen of Corrington.  Will father was good friends with the govornor of seretia and was told to settle in there they had a little house just outside stormheaven, his mother was head of house keeping for the governor, after hearing news of his father's ship sinking of the coast of cocovia the governor took young Will under his arm and tought him how to read and write. He taught him politics and how to defend himself if the need occurred. Once Will was a teenager he was getting himself in trouble with the local garrison, on more than the odd occasion. The governor new Will was destined to be like his father, seeking adventure but tried his best to keep him out of the brink. Will was taking his usual morning walk when he met his so to believe dead father that when Will life change for the better who will know?

Edited by TheRiddlersMind

Welcome to BoBS ! Very well built scene, your character looks awesome :pir-laugh:

(Ps : I believe there are a few written mistakes in the story ) 

2 hours ago, TheRiddlersMind said:

Will was taking his usual morning walk when he met his so to believe dead father that when Will life change for the better who will know? 

The Corrish did it, I bet !