dr_spock

Sea Rats: Sign-up and Discussion, ERA II

My name is Captain Kane and I am a real blessing!

50066874811_e05f42ac66_b.jpg1A by Philippe, auf Flickr

I am the handsome, friendly and smiling gentleman in the middle. (Look closely! I'm the one in the middle!! Shall my "friends" help you to recognize correctly?) I forgive you and act like you recognized me immediately. (I hope you don't accidentally get hit on the head by a stone, or you slip on a banana peel)

Even as a child, I "borrowed" the other children's toys. In this way, I helped the other children so that they would not be conceited.

At school and university, I only got praise from the teachers. It goes without saying, that I was the best and most diligent student! I was very popular with teacher and student, always friendly and helpful. If I had friends, this would confirm it.

I am truly fortunate. Again, and again I find money and valuable items. I fund a painting by Leonardo da Vinci "Mona Lisa". It fell out of the carriage when moving house. I really tried to catch up with the carriage. Unfortunately, the carriage was too fast. It's a shame that made me hungry. A friendly merchant gave me a delicious fish for the ugly painting.

After I was a child, I trained as a cadet in the Empire of Corrington Navy. The captain slipped on a banana peel and unfortunately broke his leg. On a ship you should always keep your eyes open and concentrate! A belaying pin fell on the head of the first officer. The second officer was beaten up by an unfriendly barkeeper on shore leave, because he had lost his wallet and could not pay. The third officer was always friendly to me, after I talked to him well when I saw him with another woman (not his wife). I completed my education as the best of the year! You could read that if there hadn't been a fire in the archive.

The Navy at Empire of Corrington is not for me! Coincidentally, on my trip I met honorable gentlemans and charming ladies from the Sea Rats. They are really friendly and helpful. They help the rich do good. They never get tired of asking passing merchant ships for a generous donation.

Sorry, Corrington, Eslandola and Olean. I would very much like to kneel before the king or queen. Unfortunately, I now have very severe pain in my knees. Unfortunately, it is impossible to kneel down.

My knowledge of the English language is poor. With the help of Google, I only understood the rules up to step three. Ok, step three I have to build a small ship. I'm building a big ship (Class 6, in my opinion) that is almost finished. But I also have to build a Class 2 ship. I don't want to just present a board with a mast. I'll build that in the next few months. Anyway, in the meantime I can take part in contests. It's too late for the sandcastle contest, because I don't have any building blocks, I have to order them from abroad first and get them after 7-14 days at best. It's my fault, because I ignored "Brethren of the Brick Seas". Maybe I'll take part in one of the next competitions?

It doesn't matter if I understand the rules. It seems to be fun.

Edited by NOD
Correction. Words has a different meaning in the English language than in the German language.

Welcome in front of our cannons in the Free Faction of the Brick Seas! Your introductive story is great and your minifig choice is excellent, 2, 3, and 5 in particular... may I ask you which parts did you use?

14 hours ago, NOD said:

Unfortunately, I now have very severe pain in my knees. Unfortunately, it is impossible to kneel down.

:pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2:

Also Sandokan's... ehm... Kane's flag is a very nice touch!

---------------------------------------

About the rules: probably it would be easier with a German speaker, but I'll try to help you.

First of all, you can choose if simply join by building and participating in the challenges, or you can join the Economic Game System, which implies filling some forms and having a balance in doubloons, the "currency" of the game. If you decide for the EGS, your first class 1 or 2 ship and your first small land property are free, but you can decide not to use the free license or to use it in the future (so you can publish your class 6 ship before your free class 2). My suggestion is to start building and only in a second time dig through all the rules, we lost too many players in the very first steps!

8 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Welcome to the Brethren of the Brick Seas @NOD! There are a couple of native German Speakers around the Brick Seas that would be able to help if need be.

thank you

20 minutes ago, Keymonus said:

Welcome in front of our cannons in the Free Faction of the Brick Seas! Your introductive story is great and your minifig choice is excellent, 2, 3, and 5 in particular... may I ask you which parts did you use?

:pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2:

Also Sandokan's... ehm... Kane's flag is a very nice touch!

---------------------------------------

About the rules: probably it would be easier with a German speaker, but I'll try to help you.

First of all, you can choose if simply join by building and participating in the challenges, or you can join the Economic Game System, which implies filling some forms and having a balance in doubloons, the "currency" of the game. If you decide for the EGS, your first class 1 or 2 ship and your first small land property are free, but you can decide not to use the free license or to use it in the future (so you can publish your class 6 ship before your free class 2). My suggestion is to start building and only in a second time dig through all the rules, we lost too many players in the very first steps! 

Thank's for the Tipps. I do like you said. I start building on the small land property. I just have to decide what to build.

5 is Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish, Game of Thrones (body, I don't remember the head)

3 is Prince Nizam of Persia , Prince of Persia (body and head)

2 is Jaime Lannister, Game of Thrones (body, I don't remember the head)

18 minutes ago, Count Vroskri said:

@NOD welcome to the sea rats, as we only have ten members, it's great to have a new one around.  

thank you

Ohh, only 10 members. I'm at the right place at sea rats.

8 hours ago, NOD said:

thank you

Thank's for the Tipps. I do like you said. I start building on the small land property. I just have to decide what to build.

5 is Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish, Game of Thrones (body, I don't remember the head)

3 is Prince Nizam of Persia , Prince of Persia (body and head)

2 is Jaime Lannister, Game of Thrones (body, I don't remember the head)

thank you

Ohh, only 10 members. I'm at the right place at sea rats.

@NOD

Your always at the right place with the sea rats! :pir-tongue:

Well hello there @NOD,great to have another player around! :pir-classic:

A great introduction of your characters, I enjoyed it. As for the rules: don't worry too much about the details at the start, just build things and get your stories going. I am sure you will get all the help you need for the "paperwork" once you get there. If it is all too confusing, you could always simply ask somebody to do it for you.

As for English: well, I'm from Germany, if you feel more comfortable with that I am happy to help. Just a warning in advance: I am a bit unreliable when it comes to the speed of replying - please don't expect a response in less than a day all the time. I try my best, but real life is nasty this year...

8 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

Welcome

thank you

5 hours ago, Darnok said:

Well hello there @NOD,great to have another player around! :pir-classic:

A great introduction of your characters, I enjoyed it. As for the rules: don't worry too much about the details at the start, just build things and get your stories going. I am sure you will get all the help you need for the "paperwork" once you get there. If it is all too confusing, you could always simply ask somebody to do it for you.

As for English: well, I'm from Germany, if you feel more comfortable with that I am happy to help. Just a warning in advance: I am a bit unreliable when it comes to the speed of replying - please don't expect a response in less than a day all the time. I try my best, but real life is nasty this year...

Thank you for your help. If I really don't know what to do next, I'll ask you in the German language.

50326565782_3beacff38a_c.jpg

My name is Edward Zentonn. I was born in Corrington in the noble family of Zentonn. I studied hard, learning various sciences, and in my youth I was preparing to become a military officer.However, everyone was afraid of my "radical" thoughts they sayd. I believed that Corrington could only become a strong power by destroying the entire fleet of Oleon and Eslandola, and by eliminating piracy as a phenomenon. I was forced to leave my homeland to do great things on my own. That's all you need to know.

=====================================================================================================================
My knowledge of the English is poor too. Google and my limited knowledge of English helped me write this brief backstory. Unfortunately, I do not know how to build big ships, because of the lack of necessary parts. But I can build ruins and small buildings. I will try to be active, because this forum game looks extremely interesting.

Edited by Monocle

@Monocle Hi comrade... I'm afraid you will have to re translate all of this in english. That's the language in use on Eurobicks (russian is a little bit too hard)

Now that's alright.

I love your story, Mr Zentonn probably walk the same path as the doctor.

Welcome to the SR faction

6 hours ago, Monocle said:

----------------------

Welcome to the Brick Seas @Monocle! Nice minifigure and introductory story!
Don't worry too much about ships, my main ship existed only as a part of my stories for at least a couple of ages :pir-grin:

About the language, consider that most of us are not native English speakers, and a lot of our posts contain little mistakes or calques from our own languages... just start building and writing, don't worry much about all the whole body of rules and, more importantly, have some fun!

Hello @Monocle

I am happy to see you here. Your English skills are probably better than mine. I was 1x in Moscow and often in Ukraine. The people are very friendly and helpful.

Edited by NOD

10 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

@Monocle Hi comrade... I'm afraid you will have to re translate all of this in english. That's the language in use on Eurobicks (russian is a little bit too hard)

Now that's alright.

I love your story, Mr Zentonn probably walk the same path as the doctor.

Welcome to the SR faction

Hello @Professor Thaum Yes, my character is different from other sea rats, as yours.
(I'm sorry for my post before editing. It was a small mistake when I was translating)

9 hours ago, Bregir said:

Welcome aboard, @Monocle - interesting story! I will be looking forward to following the adventures of Zennton!

Hello @Bregir Thank you. For the Queen Annetta!

4 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Welcome @Monocle to the best faction of the Brick Seas!

:pir-huzzah2::drunk::pir-huzzah1::pir-yoda:

Hello @Fraunces Thank you. Yes, Sea Rats gives many opportunities.

3 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Welcome to the Brick Seas @Monocle! Nice minifigure and introductory story!
Don't worry too much about ships, my main ship existed only as a part of my stories for at least a couple of ages :pir-grin:

About the language, consider that most of us are not native English speakers, and a lot of our posts contain little mistakes or calques from our own languages... just start building and writing, don't worry much about all the whole body of rules and, more importantly, have some fun!

Hello @KeymonusThank you. You calmed me)

2 hours ago, NOD said:

Hello @Monocle

I am happy to see you here. Your English skills are probably better than mine. I was 1x in Moscow and often in Ukraine. The people are very friendly and helpful.

I just won a fun competition even though I didn't understand anything.

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/179306-minor-challenge-the-first-tortuga-sandcastle-contest-results-posted/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-3294974

Hello @NOD. I'm think I will follow in your footsteps.

36 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

Hi Monocle. Welcome aboard.

Hello @Kwatchi. Thank you. Already on board.

2 minutes ago, Count Vroskri said:

Welcome @Monocle

Can we get him added to the sea rats PM? 

Hello @Count Vroskri. Yes, you can

Edited by Monocle

31 minutes ago, Monocle said:

@Professor Thaum

@Bregir

@Fraunces

@Keymonus

Hello @NOD. I'm think I will follow in your footsteps.

Здравствуйте!

Thank you, I am honored. I am a beginner like you. You and I are equal!

My footsteps are small. I didn't make a substantial contribution to Brethren of the Brick Seas. All I've done so far is to have won a competition.

Your will and motivation are much more valuable to me.

Capt. Kurt Jacobi

2j0z7CS_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Kurt was raised in the Oleander city of Quilbignon.  When his mother was pregnant, his father was conscripted into the army to fight against the Corlanders, and did not survive to return home.  Back at home, Ms. Jacobi was struck with grief and found solace in The Faith.  Kurt's upbringing was very strict, and his mother made sure he was brought up with a strong education.  She would work day and night cleaning the estates of the Oleander aristocracy to put food on the table, and books in Kurt's hands.  She dreamed that one day he would serve in the Church.

By Kurt's teenage years, he was working for a carpenters shop to help with household expenses, and at night he would read until the candle burned out.  By this point Kurt had grown cynical and was tired of The Faith, but kept up appearances for his mother.  During all Kurt's reading and studying, his mother believed he was memorizing scripture, when in reality he was reading adventurous romantic Eslandolan novels and Corlander scientific and philosophical treatises.

Not long after turning 18, his mother revealed she had saved for years to send Kurt off to seminary for formal education so that he could join The Order.  After a furious argument and debate, Kurt begrudgingly agreed to his mother's conditions, and left for the isolated monastery, leaving his home city for the first time.  After arriving Kurt quickly found himself butting heads with the Clerics and their dogmatic ways.  The radical ideas Kurt had been exposed to in his books only grew stronger as they were challenged by the Clerics.

Many months after joining the monastery, Kurt snuck into the Head cleric's chambers to see if he could find the letters he had expected he would have received from his mother.  In there he found a chest stuffed full of undelivered letters for the other seminary students.  After rifling through he found a handful from his mother, and one from his former master at the carpenter's shop, Erich.  The letters chronicled her failing health, and ended with Erich sadly informing Kurt of her unfortunate passing.  It had been three months since this last letter.  Filled with rage, Kurt packed his belongings. On his way out he pilfered some of the ornate gold, silver and jewel emblazoned icons of Zues, Poseidon and Hades that were treasured by the clerics as gifts from local nobleman.

Kurt returned back to Quilbignon, knowing the authorities would not be long behind him.  He found his old master at the carpentry shop and explained his situation.  Over the next week they fenced the stolen goods.  After aquiring a substantial amount of gold, they made their way to the docks.  There they purchased a damaged ship, and Erich ensured the proper repairs were made.  They enlisted a ragtag crew, and set sail for the New World to join the Sea Rats to make a living trading, smuggling or maybe even taking from the rich by force if necessary.

84ggX6o_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

----------

Really new to Eurobricks, and these are some of the first MOCs I've made since I was a kid in the 90s, so I'm super excited to be joining the Sea Rats! After licensing my ship, what's next?

Edited by RobTheVan

RobTheVan, welcome to the Sea Rats.:pir-huzzah2: Good and interesting story with photos from Captain Kurt Jacobi and his crew.

Welcome to the Sea Rats comrade...

a thread worth to read (with full of other threads listed inside worth to read too) :

and I will add you soon to the SR common thread

Welcome to the challenging life of bucanneers ! And welcome to the one and only faction paving the way for adventure, freedom and richess!