dr_spock

Sea Rats: Sign-up and Discussion, ERA II

On 1/29/2020 at 4:33 AM, Rconn0 said:

Greetings all, 

I am doubtful that many if any of you remember me, but I am happy to announce that my BoBS (and Eurobricks as a whole for that matter) retirement is over. I have had something of a dark age these past few years, but I am out of it now and eager to get back into building. Captain James Rulthorpe has returned and is ready to get back to pirating and plundering for the sea rats! I have quite a few projects down the pipeline, and pirate-focused MOCs are a bit lower on that list, but I thought I should let you all know that I am back for the present, and, hopefully I will stay that way far into the future.

Welcome back! I hope it was nothing too serious IRL and, in any case, I’m glad that things are going better now. Our characters never had a chance to meet (otherwise one of them would now be in Davy Jones’ Locker :grin:), but I hope to see James Rulthorpe around soon!

I'm planning to join the Sea Rats. I hope this is the right thread to introduce my sigfig:

The Gnat

Capt. Obadiah Shaw was born in Corrington, where he began working as a chimney sweep at the tender age of six. At sixteen, he ran away from his employers and signed onto a Royal Naval vessel. Seven years of the disciplined military life were more than he could stand, so he absconded with a small sloop and now roams the Brick Seas as a smuggler. His favorite tactic is to hide contraband inside hollowed-out turnips, which are so disgusting that no port official wants to bite into one to see if it's genuine!

28 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

You're welcome comrade.

After a first presentation built I will add you to the Sea Rat channel.

Thanks! Would I just create a topic for my character's ship? Such as

"[FB-SR] 'Ship Name'"?

Welcome to the Bick Seas! Nice intro as well!

1 hour ago, Pdaitabird said:

Would I just create a topic for my character's ship? Such as

"[FB-SR] 'Ship Name'"?

That's correct! Everyone does it a little bit different but that is good. I  find it helpful if you faction initials go first like this: [SR - FB] "Insert Pirate Ship Name Here"

To the fine members (and Scoundrels!) of the Sea Rat Faction,

I will be introducing my character shortly. I'm just waiting on a (MUCH DELAYED, thanks Pandemic) Bricklink order with a few necessary character pieces. I already have an introductory MOC/freebuild and introduction completed and ready to go, for when my last order arrives. In the meantime, I've been reading (a lot) and just trying to understand as much of the game as possible before I get going.

One small question I had....when joining the game, can my character start at whatever Sea Rat port/property he wishes? My first order of business will be to build a small property to take advantage of my 1 free license. So for my introductory MOC, I'd like to set the story in the same location as where I want to build that property. Figured I'd ask here, since the factions all seem to have their own unique rules, etc. I don't remember reading anything which said you must start in a certain point, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. 

Sincerely,

Corwin Ragnarrson,

Commander, Black Wolf Expeditionary Force

Edited by Corweena

Welcome aboard, Corwin! Good to see a new Rat about to join! As we typically say to new players, don't feel you need to know all the rules and intricacies of the game before starting - building, having fun, and telling stories is the first priority. That said, the game is there to be used, so very happy to see you jumping straight into it. :pir-huzzah1:

I do not know if the Sea Rats have any special rules, but the game it self puts no limit on where you can start (although you'd need a bloody good explanation to start outside the known map :pir-wink:). Some settlements may have limitations as to who can license properties there, and that is, to the best of my knowledge, the only rules you should keep an eye out for in terms of starting point. The settlement thread will typically list if licensing is limited to some factions, but it is fairly rare.

Looking forward to following your adventures!

Bregir

13 hours ago, Corweena said:

One small question I had....when joining the game, can my character start at whatever Sea Rat port/property he wishes?

Ahoy there Corweena! A very warm welcome into the Sea Rats faction and I am sure we are all eager to see your introduction to our great group of buccaneers. 

Our current settlements ( @TitusV please change in the settlements thread: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/123525-index-settlements-of-bobs/ )

Bastion, The Nest of Thieves

Charlatan Bay, Infero Pordejon

Haven, Isla del Diablo  (abandoned)

Moray's Den, Isla del Diablo

Poppy Port, Sabre Island

Rassilon, The Nest of Thieves (abandoned)

Takashii, The Nest of Thieves (abandoned)

Tortuga, Sea Turtle Island

The Sereen Cay, The Rock

New Nassau, Blond Beach/Isla de Barro

Black Rock, secret location in the New Haven Sea.

17 minutes ago, Bregir said:

I do not know if the Sea Rats have any special rules,

Each and every soul of the free Sea Rat brothers is obliged to to drink more rum than is good for him and to take more booty than his arms can carry!

2 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Ahoy there Corweena! A very warm welcome into the Sea Rats faction and I am sure we are all eager to see your introduction to our great group of buccaneers.

2 hours ago, Bregir said:

Welcome aboard, Corwin! Good to see a new Rat about to join! As we typically say to new players, don't feel you need to know all the rules and intricacies of the game before starting - building, having fun, and telling stories is the first priority. That said, the game is there to be used, so very happy to see you jumping straight into it. :pir-huzzah1:

I do not know if the Sea Rats have any special rules, but the game it self puts no limit on where you can start (although you'd need a bloody good explanation to start outside the known map :pir-wink:). Some settlements may have limitations as to who can license properties there, and that is, to the best of my knowledge, the only rules you should keep an eye out for in terms of starting point. The settlement thread will typically list if licensing is limited to some factions, but it is fairly rare.

Looking forward to following your adventures!

Bregir

Thank ye, gentlemen. I figured I could start anywhere. I already have the place in mind, I just wanted to confirm.  I've been gearing up for this for a few weeks now, its just killing me that I have to wait on 2 pieces for my main character to get going. I will keep planning and preparing for future endeavors in the meantime!

Sea Rats, lend your ears! A new member and ally has entered the seas. Be ye Introduced to Corwin Ragnarrson, Commander of the Black Wolf Expeditionary Group. Arriving from the uncharted lands above the Great Northern Sea, Ragnarrson and the Black Wolf Company aim to establish a economic and military foothold in Terra Nova. Also, as with all scoundrels, scalliwags, and pirates, one should expect them to raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer their weasley black guts out. Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. Men like them thrive on chaos. 

The Black Wolf has come, and it is HUNGRY.

49922145462_d072e3933a_c.jpg

Edited by Corweena

Welcome, welcome hungry, angry Black Wolf et al! May you find your stay here tormentous, jailed in a civilised city's prison! :cannon:

:pir_tong2:

Nice minifig selection by the way!

Edited by blackdeathgr

Welcome, comrade. Nice intro, I like the torso you are using for your character.

9 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Welcome, welcome hungry, angry Black Wolf et al! May you find your stay here tormentous, jailed in a civilised city's prison! :cannon:

:pir_tong2:

Nice minifig selection by the way!

7 hours ago, Bodi said:

Welcome, comrade. Nice intro, I like the torso you are using for your character.

5 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Very cool introduction!

4 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Bwahahaha!

But, yes. Welcome @Corweena!

Thank ye, gentlemen! I'm happy with my torso selection as well....I wanted something a bit different being as my character hails from a northern land. 

I look forward to future run-ins and altercations with all you Imperials. May your gods have mercy on your souls!

And to my fellow Sea Rats, it will be a pleasure fighting alongside you. 

I've also heard tale of a Secret Sea Rat discussion, how does one get added to it?

Edited by Corweena

17 hours ago, Corweena said:

I've also heard tale of a Secret Sea Rat discussion, how does one get added to it?

We'll add you, no problem

On 5/20/2020 at 6:31 PM, Fraunces said:

Our current settlements ( @TitusV please change in the settlements thread: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/123525-index-settlements-of-bobs/ )

Bastion, The Nest of Thieves

Charlatan Bay, Infero Pordejon

Haven, Isla del Diablo  (abandoned)

Moray's Den, Isla del Diablo

Poppy Port, Sabre Island

Rassilon, The Nest of Thieves (abandoned)

Takashii, The Nest of Thieves (abandoned)

Tortuga, Sea Turtle Island

The Sereen Cay, The Rock

New Nassau, Blond Beach/Isla de Barro

Black Rock, secret location in the New Haven Sea.

Each and every soul of the free Sea Rat brothers is obliged to to drink more rum than is good for him and to take more booty than his arms can carry!

Oh, my apologies, why am I only readint his now? 

Well, I don't know whether the thread is still used, as its last post (new settlement) dates from over a year ago (and normal proceedure is to make a post there per settlement, to which I will then link in the first post). However, if there is demand, I could certainly try to get it up to date again?

(starting with this beautiful list of Sea Rat settlements!) (though I imagine there are more settlements from the other factions as well)

On 6/1/2020 at 4:39 PM, TitusV said:

(starting with this beautiful list of Sea Rat settlements!) (though I imagine there are more settlements from the other factions as well)

Thanks a lot !!

Because Corweena asked, I started digging for a list on the forum. That is why I found it. Forgot about the thread myself as well ..