dr_spock

Sea Rats: Sign-up and Discussion, ERA II

OK how do I join? To I literally just post my sigfig and background 

If so, my sigfig is called Sean Greybeard. He was a merchant in the corrington fleets but he got in with the wrong people and was exiled. He is on the market for a ship. 

Edited by Count Vroskri

Welcome, great to have you around! :pir-classic:

You would usually post a picture of your sigfig together with its background story. Many people also build a scene or two showing the previous life of their character, or how it arrived in the Brick Seas - but that's not a necessity.

Get in contact with @dr_spock, @Kwatchi or @Professor Thaum, they are your lead pira free spirits. :thumbup:

Edited by Darnok

I answered both threads but this one is the one to use :

You're welcome to join our pir... honest but armed merchant fraternity. Welcome aboard @Count Vroskri.

Now we are just waiting for a small built introducing your sigfig... don't be afraid to ask about anything you want. We will be pleased to answer as soon as possible.

And just after your intro built I will add you to the Sea Rat private channel.

7 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

he got in with the wrong people and was excited

I love this idea, but do you mean that he was exiled?

Yes exiled. It is autocorrects fault. I have been trying to upload my sigfig but it seems to be too big

24 minutes ago, Count Vroskri said:

Yes exiled. It is autocorrects fault. I have been trying to upload my sigfig but it seems to be too big

You will need some picture hosting site, where you post a picture and then use an embed link of some sort to show it here. :pir-classic:

Welcome aboard - You should probably write a small description of his backstory - many people make a small introductory build to introduce themselves. (this guide may be helpful).

In any case, you will need to use some sort of image hosting site to post additional pictures. I personally use flickr, and below you can find a small guide on how to use it.

Cheers

Welcome to the Brick Seas @Count Vroskri! Looking good so far. To make life a bit easier while sailing the seas, here a few tips you may find helpful:

1. Get yourself an account on a picture hosting site. A few good options are Flickr (My personal favorite), Imgur, or Brickshelf. From here you can easily post as many pictures as you want for your storytelling.

2. For your sigfig intro, as @Darnok said, a picture or two of your character with either a few sentences (or paragraphs :laugh:) about him and some tidbits from his past should be adquate.

3. Ask lots of questions! While this is just a excuse for us adults to play with toys (:grin:) we've developed quite a fun game. There are lots of elements to it as well.

4. A good place to start is the Quick start guide and the master index is useful for getting caught up on the events that have transpired thus far.

5. Most importantly, have fun! That's the main reason we're all doing this anyway!

And don't bother with the rules too much in the beginning. We had people wandering into the rules section and never saw them again... :devil_laugh:

Focus on building and storytelling, and let your fellow Sea Rats guide you. :pir-classic:

15 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

OK how do I join? To I literally just post my sigfig and background 

If so, my sigfig is called Sean Greybeard. He was a merchant in the corrington fleets but he got in with the wrong people and was excited. He is on the market for a ship. 

Welcome aboard, Count Vroskri.  Sean Greybeard got excited with the wrong people?  You'll fit right in the exciting life of a Sea Rat.  :pir_laugh2:

Hi. Can I post a ship? Also, brickshelf does not work for me. Any ideas? 

Edited by Count Vroskri

Welcome on board! We had by far too few pirates for a pirate-themed game (and so too few targets for the cannons :tongue:)! I had some problems with Brickshelf too, while Flickr is super intuitive and very easy to use!

5 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

Hi. Can I post a ship? Also, brickshelf dosenot work for me. Any ideas? 

In general, you can always post whatever you want, the only rule is not to invade too much other players’ storylines (for example, don’t try to kill or kidnap other characters without their permission). You don’t have to anything special (forms or similar) unless you want to join the Economic Game System.

However, you can do all this stuff in a second time; my suggestion is to start posting builds and stories and only later (if you want) enter in the most complex dynamics of the game. In any case, just have fun!

Edited by Keymonus

? Thanks

Ship posted. I used a Google photos link. Ship is called the white dove. Also, any one know its class? 

13 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

? Thanks

Ship posted. I used a Google photos link. Ship is called the white dove. Also, any one know its class? 

First welcome aboard mate! Once your added to the faction PM be sure to ask any questions you have in there. Not that the other faction members arent helpful but theres a few things that are handled differently depending on the faction 

As far as your ship ... While its a great first start there is good room for improvement (which is not bad).   From its size I would say its a large Class 1 or a small Class 2 since this is your first in game ship I recommend you licence it as your "free class 2".  

Just about all general game info can be found in the master index (you can find about ships there and that should help you licence her) I would wait to licence until you can be added to the PM so I can give you some SR specific pointers on Licencing Ships.

6 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

The launching of the soulful hound. I have made a ship. 

You should make a new thread in the bobs forum for your ship and embed a picture.  Then you can link that thread here if you like.

On 9/29/2019 at 8:23 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

You should make a new thread in the bobs forum for your ship and embed a picture.  Then you can link that thread here if you like.

I made it. 

Edited by Count Vroskri

Hi all. Is there some sort of device for the ship licencing form cause I can't access it on either Computer or phone. 

Edited by Count Vroskri
Misspelling

1 hour ago, Count Vroskri said:

Hi all. Is there some sort of device for the ship licencing form cause I can't access it on either Computer or phone. 

It is this form you have to use. For some reason a link in the "About Ships" thread is an older version that no longer works. The one in the Master Index thread is the current (and working) version.

@Bregir or @Captain Genaro should be able to fix the old link though.

Greetings all, 

I am doubtful that many if any of you remember me, but I am happy to announce that my BoBS (and Eurobricks as a whole for that matter) retirement is over. I have had something of a dark age these past few years, but I am out of it now and eager to get back into building. Captain James Rulthorpe has returned and is ready to get back to pirating and plundering for the sea rats! I have quite a few projects down the pipeline, and pirate-focused MOCs are a bit lower on that list, but I thought I should let you all know that I am back for the present, and, hopefully I will stay that way far into the future.

Edited by Rconn0
grammar

Aha! Another scurvy dog returns to the brick seas! Looking forward to having you back! (And feel free to ask, should you have any questions)