dr_spock

Sea Rats: Sign-up and Discussion, ERA II

Ahoy Mateys! 

Been lost in a Fog at sea for a bit.....but in rl finally getting unpacked and settled after moving from Colorado to Charleston....

So....new era?  Do I need to start a new character and introduction thread if I plan to start building again?  Also....what about all the Credits and FIP's and such earned in first era?  Worthless now or do they transfer somehow?

Just now, Vedauwoo said:

Ahoy Mateys! 

Been lost in a Fog at sea for a bit.....but in rl finally getting unpacked and settled after moving from Colorado to Charleston....

Good to see you back in action! :thumbup:

Just now, Vedauwoo said:

So....new era?  Do I need to start a new character and introduction thread if I plan to start building again?

Not necessarily. All your "old" characters are still around. The player base has changed quite a bit though, so you could "update" your character introduction to give us newbs an idea of the glory days! :pir-grin:

Just now, Vedauwoo said:

Also....what about all the Credits and FIP's and such earned in first era?  Worthless now or do they transfer somehow?

Nope, all your properties are still around. I just checked the current Account Summary, and you sit on a bit more than 4000DB, and counting. I think technically you can continue as if you never left.

5 minutes ago, Vedauwoo said:

Ahoy Mateys! 

So....new era?  Do I need to start a new character and introduction thread if I plan to start building again?  Also....what about all the Credits and FIP's and such earned in first era?  Worthless now or do they transfer somehow?

Welcome back.   You would have to re-license your ERA I ships to the new rules if you want to use those ships in ERA II MRCA.   All your other properties and characters stay the same.   Is that Charleston as in North Carolina and Blackbeard? 

@Vedauwoo welcome back! 

Just build and worry about all the rules after, that's what I did when I found out bobs moved to another era in my absence.

@Vedauwoo

Welcome back yard scoundrel... Pop into the Sea Rats pm if you have any questions...  There's a few familiar members left from ERA 1 and a few new since your absence.  Outside of your ships being drydocked you should be able to jump right in

Hi everyone, I've been looking to join the Sea Rats for some time now.

I have my picture ready and the main aspects of my story but I am still a bit confused of how I register my character (Do I just post the introduction here? Do I make a new thread?)

If anyone would like to help me I would reslly apreciate it :) hope to join you soon!

2 hours ago, BrickPictures said:

Hi everyone, I've been looking to join the Sea Rats for some time now.

I have my picture ready and the main aspects of my story but I am still a bit confused of how I register my character (Do I just post the introduction here? Do I make a new thread?)

If anyone would like to help me I would reslly apreciate it :) hope to join you soon!

You can make a new post and link it here if you have a lot of pictures or a long intro story.   You could also post a picture of your sig fig with a short back story as a reply to this thread.   

Can't wait to see your intro mate!

@Professor Thaum is our liaison to the court if you should have any game issues.  

1 hour ago, BrickPictures said:

This is my character Introduction to join the sea rats, hope you enjoy!

Welcome aboard, Captain Flint.  :pir-classic:

Welcome to the brick seas! May your pirate career be long and successful! (against someone not flying the black and red of Corrington :P)

Just now, Bregir said:

Welcome to the brick seas! May your pirate career be long and successful! (against someone not flying the black and red of Corrington :P)

Thank you, but I will make no promises:pir_laugh2:

The settlement of New Nassau states that anybody can build and own property there, but I'm still asking to avoid raised eyebrows: does any Sea Rat player mind the WTC setting up a presence there? If not, is there something you would like to see?

6 hours ago, Darnok said:

The settlement of New Nassau states that anybody can build and own property there, but I'm still asking to avoid raised eyebrows: does any Sea Rat player mind the WTC setting up a presence there? If not, is there something you would like to see?

Opposed to no ... But questionable ... What would the WTC be doing in a fledgling pirate settlement?  

2 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

What would the WTC be doing in a fledgling pirate settlement?  

Business as usual. :pir-grin:

8 hours ago, Darnok said:

Business as usual. :pir-grin:

Well just remember the tyranny of the crown is a sore subject in this settlement. 

57 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Well just remember the tyranny of the crown is a sore subject in this settlement. 

The WTC wholeheartedly agrees. :pir-grin:

16 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

This question is up to New Nassau mayor...

... who is not listed anywhere. :pir-look:

19 hours ago, Darnok said:

... who is not listed anywhere. :pir-look:

IC: The residents of New Nassau have discussed it and there is great oposition to the WTC.  

While technically you can not be stopped from building ... there will be certain IC consequences to such an action.

Just now, Roadmonkeytj said:

IC: The residents of New Nassau have discussed it and there is great oposition to the WTC.  

While technically you can not be stopped from building ... there will be certain IC consequences to such an action.

Fair enough. The WTC will take its business elsewhere. :wink:

No hard feelings, this is exactly why I asked in advance. Thanks for getting this sorted out so quickly. :thumbup: