Thanks Everyone for the great feedback and I'm sorry I have been absent for a few weeks (juggling full time work, university study, home renovations and a family doesn't leave me much time for my favourite hobby!) 

I'm uploading an album of build photos which I will share when they are finished copying up. I've also switched the photo hosting from Photobucket to Flickr. 

In the coming weeks I'll be doing a more formal photoshoot and a new video. Lego Australia have shown some interest in the MOC and I'd like some better pictures. 

Thanks again for the kind comments! 

Tony

WOW. I'm literally mind blow! How many parts are in this moc. It looks like 6K? Anyway, this is an awesome moc, the same style but extended as the mining set that came out this year.

Not only a stunning build, but also very smooth for the eyes to look at. I looking forward to see your next moc. For now this one, just a beauty...

5 hours ago, LvdH said:

6000? The normal BWE has 4000, my gyess this is closer to 15000 pieces :grin: maybe even more.

Oh...yeah...I guess I didn't look very well at the size of stuff like the battery box, or minifigs you're right...probably around 20K :)

What are the Different Functions that can take up 20 separate channels (5, 4 port Sbricks), I only see that drive and the belts are motorized. How many of the 13 XL's go to drive?

BTW. Great build... Wow... Good Job 

I guess it is math: 9 BWE = 1 Super BWE

20 minutes ago, MovieMocs said:

Oh...yeah...I guess I didn't look very well at the size of stuff like the battery box, or minifigs you're right...probably around 20K :)

There are 9 42055 kits used for parts (about 31K pieces) and I had probably 1-2 of them left over (lets say 2 being conservative) which leaves 23K and I purchased about 5K individual pieces as needed. So it probably comes in somewhere around the 26K mark.

9 minutes ago, Bostons Brick Closet said:

What are the Different Functions that can take up 20 separate channels (5, 4 port Sbricks), I only see that drive and the belts are motorized. How many of the 13 XL's go to drive?

BTW. Great build... Wow... Good Job 

I guess it is math: 9 BWE = 1 Super BWE

Some of the channels are shared just to distribute the load - there are 2 XL's in each tracked section (total of 6 for drive). 3XL's for superstructure rotation (and to be honest 4 would have been better, there is quite a bit of inertia in moving it.) There is a channel for the 2XL's on winch duty, one channel for the Bucket Wheel itself. There is a channel doing the extend/retract of the out-feed, and quite a few grouped together to make the outfeed belts work.

1 hour ago, Orinoko said:

There are 9 42055 kits used for parts (about 31K pieces) and I had probably 1-2 of them left over (lets say 2 being conservative) which leaves 23K and I purchased about 5K individual pieces as needed. So it probably comes in somewhere around the 26K mark.

WOW! That's insane! It looks awesome though. Great work on the moc. How long did it take from beginning to end?

I put the first pieces together in August 2016, so nearly 12 months. I had a couple of months off in the middle earlier this year (my workspace was being renovated.)

used 9 kits.. I have two 42055 BWE myself, but if I got 9 my gf would perhaps be having words lol Even at the UK lowest price of £128 per set, you can see how expensive a build this really is. 

its an amazing build, love the little min figures. Massive looking impressive MOC, really do like it.

13 hours ago, Orinoko said:

Some of the channels are shared just to distribute the load - there are 2 XL's in each tracked section (total of 6 for drive). 3XL's for superstructure rotation (and to be honest 4 would have been better, there is quite a bit of inertia in moving it.) There is a channel for the 2XL's on winch duty, one channel for the Bucket Wheel itself. There is a channel doing the extend/retract of the out-feed, and quite a few grouped together to make the outfeed belts work.

Wow... Cool

I am impressed, the moc is immense, and looks more visually appealing than 42055 itself (in terms of BWE's),

Hi All, 

I've completed the "official" video, added some more formal pictures and uploaded the build album - accessible from the front page of the thread. 

Enjoy! 

Tony

13 minutes ago, Orinoko said:

Hi All, 

I've completed the "official" video, added some more formal pictures and uploaded the build album - accessible from the front page of the thread. 

Enjoy! 

Tony

Still absolutely astonishing.

Still my favourite ever Eurobricks MOC

Still wish I could build my own :laugh:

Worthy of being displayed at Lego events, deserving of entry to the HoF, and warm congrats on a superb build.

Awesome...

Could you share your experience? I have few questions :blush: 

Which difficulties you faced?

Have you build temporary constructions? (e.g. to hold something or just as experiment)

Have you used some tricky solutions (for you point of view)? Could you tell more about them?

How does the main tread construction rotate?

How you bought required pieces?

Which string you used?

And the last

What said you family? :laugh:

Thanks and good luck!

That's insane..... now someone has to build one bigger than that. I kinda like how it still looks like 42055.

On 18.9.2017 at 8:49 AM, Peter91 said:

Hello, 

I've a question. 

Do you have a drawing? 

I would build this one to :-) 

Thanks peter

Hi guys

Im currently building this monster from the pictures and build log.

After around 6 weeks , 4x 42055 sets plus some parts from my stock my current status is not that bad.

800x600.jpg

Edited by dunes
typo

That's simply awesome... Does the "rock" output to the truck has its own drive, is it synchronised with the main drive?