Wow - this is just incredible - I'm speechless!  (Although I think there is a reason TLG did not make the official set like this :wink: )

Please do make some more videos! I think everyone would like to see how all the functions work in full detail.

And, of course, keep building.  If this is your first MOC I can't even imagine what the next will be like!

Very very cool!

As the load is very big, you could use more battery to drive the truck. Then the speed of truck can be increase.

By the way, how do you make you control panel graphics? What's the software?

Nine 42055's well spent! Who doesn't like huge functional Technic stuff? Sure it is not me! It is hard to imagine how much this thing weight, even though you have posted approximate value. However 8x tracks moving in snail speed give a good impression. Great model, like all the details and colour consistency too.

Very impressive; Lucio Switch has been looking for something to load his truck. 

But why do you guys feel a need to put these little micro builds together? You should start making them bigger :laugh:

9 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

One question: Are the yellow diagonal elements adding stiffness to the structure, or are they purely decorational?

They seem to be part of the structure, but not much.

8 hours ago, Jockos said:

Will you make instructions?

I don't think it would even be possible to make instructions, even if you had the parts and the time!

I'd hate to think how impossibly long it would take to create a deconstruction album for this. This is amazing in every way

6 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

I don't think it would even be possible to make instructions, even if you had the parts and the time!

I so highly doubt even a ldd file for this massive machine!

oh my goodness, this is wonderful. Huge, functional and in scale

Congratulations on a truly fantastic build :classic:

Edited by Qukie

Holly molly. This is big. I am interesting why you bought 9 sets? Didn't you have some extra bricks to start with? I am aware that big machines "eat" bricks like candy and also that 42055 is a fine selection of parts, however I am still baffled regarding number 9. It's just huge. Sorry, but I cannot imagine how I could convince my wife that I need 9 already enormous sets.

Of course you did a splendid job. I really admire the bucket wheel. It's great with somewhat similar rotation mechanics (using new 1/4 yellow round liftarms) as original but a fine upgrade. It looks even more realistic than original. I understand why you needed a year. Such a construction is quite demanding and I am glad you nailed it. I also like the details like overlooking bridges, cabins, ladders etc. And the crew also.

What about the size or scale? I would say it's in the range of 1.5-2m, which is 1:72 scale. Am I close? In that case use of minifigs (themselves around 1:48) is reasonable and colorful approximation.

With about 25,000 pieces I don't even want to attempt making a manual for it. 

On 2017-6-19 at 6:49 AM, camellia said:

Very very cool!

As the load is very big, you could use more battery to drive the truck. Then the speed of truck can be increase.

By the way, how do you make you control panel graphics? What's the software?

I used GIMP and PaintTool for Mac - pretty primitive, but got the job done :) 

On 2017-6-19 at 4:54 AM, Jeroen Ottens said:

Amazing model!

One question: Are the yellow diagonal elements adding stiffness to the structure, or are they purely decorational?

At the beginning I thought I would need them to stiffen the styructure but it turned out to be strong enough without them. They add some bracing but only in one direction as in the other they just pull apart. I considered gluing them into a single unit but in the end it was not necessary. 

Just now, teflon said:

Holly molly. This is big. I am interesting why you bought 9 sets? Didn't you have some extra bricks to start with? I am aware that big machines "eat" bricks like candy and also that 42055 is a fine selection of parts, however I am still baffled regarding number 9. It's just huge. Sorry, but I cannot imagine how I could convince my wife that I need 9 already enormous sets.

Of course you did a splendid job. I really admire the bucket wheel. It's great with somewhat similar rotation mechanics (using new 1/4 yellow round liftarms) as original but a fine upgrade. It looks even more realistic than original. I understand why you needed a year. Such a construction is quite demanding and I am glad you nailed it. I also like the details like overlooking bridges, cabins, ladders etc. And the crew also.

What about the size or scale? I would say it's in the range of 1.5-2m, which is 1:72 scale. Am I close? In that case use of minifigs (themselves around 1:48) is reasonable and colorful approximation.

Hi Teflon, 

At the beginning I thought i could do it with only 3...however that kept going and going as the true scale of the build got going. I have a considerable stock of technic parts already but I was not sure of the long term plans for this build and I did not want to sacrifice my other kits for it. Ironically I have never actually built the 42055 model..

The scale is based around the size of the buckets actually - it seemed like a good starting point as the diameter of the wheel and the bucket are known values. From memory its approx. 1:80 though I have taken some creative license in many areas. 

Thanks for the great feedback :) 

1 hour ago, Orinoko said:

Ironically I have never actually built the 42055 model..

:laugh: there really is no need - it might be a slightly disappointing experience for you now :wink:

That is awesome! 

Incredible machine!! 

Nice pictures, by the way ;)

Edited by evortigosa

On 6/19/2017 at 6:30 AM, mocbuild101 said:

I think so. Instructions would be fine. The only possibility: Disassembling the model part by part and make photo instructions by reversing the steps. Then create a LDAW file. Even that would take some month. That's I see by trying to recreate the LDRAW file from the LFX file from Gabi_BC.*huh*

BTW: Congatulations, Orinoko! IMHO the best Introduction ever, incredible MOC which deserves a place in the HOF! You are a very talented Technic Builder.

Greetings

Alex

This is incredible and at such a massive scale! The amount of detail you added is amazing, well done :thumbup:

On 6/22/2017 at 0:33 PM, afol1969 said:

That's I see by trying to recreate the LDRAW file from the LFX file from Gabi_BC

This is way, way beyond what i tried to do :laugh:

I guess modelling separate components could be possible. Otherwise ldd would certainly crash. Or bluerender would crash. Something certainly would.

Incredible! Wonderful Moc!:thumbup::thumbup:

If this is your first MOC, I'm wondering what will come next!:wink:

Just now, Lucio Switch said:

Incredible! Wonderful Moc!:thumbup::thumbup:

If this is your first MOC, I'm wondering what will come next!:wink:

I think I'd be disappointed if the next one isn't in 1:1 scale :laugh: