Darth Stripy

Suggestions for next SW contest

Hey star wars fans! Just creating a topic on the sw contests for next year. I suggest a Darth Vader contest as I did not see any before. Well give your opinions below and I'll see if any moderators are interested enough to listen. 

How bought a "father and son contest"? Required entry would simply include a " father and son" scenario with the main characters being (you guessed it) a father and son duo such as Darth Vader & Luke, Jango Fett & Boba, Han Solo & Ben, etc. Likely to be a humours contest! :laugh:

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

I think a Darth Vader based contest would be an excellent idea as he is a minifigure every good Lego collector owns and would allow for more people to enter. You could consider doing era based contests E.G. clone wars, galactic civil war, sequels, prequels and the old republic. Also if the contest is taking place in 2018 by then the han solo movie will be out so you could base the contest on "star wars stories" ; rogue one and the han solo movie. 

Appreciate the input, and I have no problem with leaving this topic open. With so many different forums, each of which have multiple themes (or time frames as in Star Wars) it makes choosing one, maaaaaaybe 2 a year very difficult. Some people will be happy and some will be furious. But yes, we do see your input and are always willing to read it.

Appreciate the input. Maybe a Darth Vader and a sequel era contest will be nice. Sequel cos the last Jedi, vader cos never had a contest on him. Appreciate your suggestions guys! :wink:

Does anyone like the idea of a Cloud City competition? I don't think we're getting anything official anytime soon. The new Battlefront maps have really triggered my inspiration to build something. It's always fun to see how other builders approach Cloud City - lots of challenges.

On 13/07/2017 at 5:52 AM, darththeling said:

Does anyone like the idea of a Cloud City competition? I don't think we're getting anything official anytime soon. The new Battlefront maps have really triggered my inspiration to build something. It's always fun to see how other builders approach Cloud City - lots of challenges.

Good idea. But you need to know that some participants don't have that many parts. 

Well a friend of mine was thinking of what ever contest they make(if its Thrawn, Vader, or whatever) that they could possible have a beginners contest for newer builders and a expert contest for people who have entered more then 5 contest.  

I know it might be too much but just a idea.

Edited by LEGORACER1

This sounds like a great idea!

But we could keep it small, like only replicating an exact scene from a movie only on a small base plate

How about pod racer contest? 

One of following :
- Accurate / detailed versions of existing ones from Episode I (or the game)
- Character based pod racers (black for Vader,  quad engine for General Grievous, smaller than others for Yoda, Wookie-ish for Chewbacca)
- Mix of above two

I would definitely love character based one, just to see how can You turn characters specific features into pod racers. 

Edit. Actually, this doesn't have to be Star Wars contest. Imagine Iron Man, Back to the future, Classic Space, Ice Planet, Power Rangers, Ferrari,  etc.

Edited by Dorino