Peppermint_M

Future Action and Adventure Themes

What I really think they may do and would kick megablocks would be something like warhammer or warhammer 40k. With battlepacks, building scenarios, and rules to play.

So I was thinking along the line of Adventurers again. But then I got a little distracted and was coming across my Monster Fighters and Agents... How about a fusion of the three? Like Warehouse 13!

Adventurers who travel to collect artefacts that have been causing/the source of monsters and wacky hi-jinks? It gives a chance for all the staples of an Action Theme, vehicles of all kinds, baddies and a collection gimmick with a HQ required.

3 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

So I was thinking along the line of Adventurers again. But then I got a little distracted and was coming across my Monster Fighters and Agents... How about a fusion of the three? Like Warehouse 13!

Adventurers who travel to collect artefacts that have been causing/the source of monsters and wacky hi-jinks? It gives a chance for all the staples of an Action Theme, vehicles of all kinds, baddies and a collection gimmick with a HQ required.

As a fan of Warehouse 13 and someone who is pretty bummed they missed Monster Fighters, I'd buy this.

On 7/12/2017 at 3:52 PM, bobasdad said:

There are a lot of potential dinosaur-based themes that lego has yet to explore, such as a theme that mixes dinosaurs with advanced technology.  Imagine something similar to this (but constructed of lego):

Essentially LEGO Dino-Riders (I bet that dates me pretty well). If you want to see proof-of-concept on this, check out the bootleg Nexo Knights dinosaur riders on YouTube. I'd support this one, too. As someone mentioned earlier, Jurassic World will put the brakes on any original LEGO IP involving dinosaurs.

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It's funny that you bring up Fisher Price Imaginext, since that is a theme of the brand I sometimes am envious of as far as their play themes go. I mean, they even had a Sky-fi theme of sorts in the form of Sky Racers some years ago.

*pics were here*

Really what the Skybound Pirates wave should have been modeled after.

Edited by K_Tiger

5 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

I like the idea, but I would also like an Adventurers with time traveling. They kinda did it with the Dino subtheme. 

So we could get

Adventurers-Islanders

Adventurers-Greek myths

Adventurers-Vikings

On 19.7.2017 at 9:56 AM, Peppermint_M said:

Modern time? Because 20' or 30' seems to lack the vehicles for this.

13 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

Modern time? Because 20' or 30' seems to lack the vehicles for this.

I was thinking something more modern but with the retro-tech feel of Warehouse 13.

Just thinking that lots of these Ideas could be done as neat ninjago subthemes .I mean looking at the villian sub-thems we could do with some variety

• skulkins (undead)
  • Serpentine (snakes)
  • Stone army (Overlords minions)
  • Nindriods (Overlords minions) - kinda techopunk
  • Chens cultists (snakes)
  • Ghosts (undead) 
  • Skybound pirates -kinda steampunk and dieselpunk
  • day of the departed- the first 5 revisited
  • Vermilion (snakes)
  • Shark army ( I know its the movie but its still ninjago)
  • Sons of garmadon (unknown as of yet but seemingly a biker gang so dieselpunk would make sense)

I think lots of theses ideas could be warped into ninjago subthemes for the heroes or the villains, and I think that with what Mark Stafford said that skybound is most steampunk we are going to get  for a while. :\

Lots of the ninjago subthemes do have east Asian styling especially the ghost theme but there could be an orient expedition esque subtheme where they trek across ninjago either in the past or present to retrieve artefacts or something. Obviously the historical based ideas would won't in ninjago as it is set in a different world.

Separate of ninjago a Greek mythology adventures mix would be fun.

On 29.7.2017 at 0:16 PM, Peppermint_M said:

I was thinking something more modern but with the retro-tech feel of Warehouse 13.

What do you think of a 'League of cliché villians' Like the crazy scientist that wants every discovery for himself, the rich shady buissness-man that wants everything turned into money and the General that wants everything turned into a weapon. They could be accompanied by the grandchild of Lord Sinnister that still fights the family feud against the ofspring of Jonny Thunder.

7 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

What do you think of a 'League of cliché villians' Like the crazy scientist that wants every discovery for himself, the rich shady buissness-man that wants everything turned into money and the General that wants everything turned into a weapon. They could be accompanied by the grandchild of Lord Sinnister that still fights the family feud against the ofspring of Jonny Thunder.

Rivals could add an extra element to the theme, yeah. It would be cool! 

On 19.7.2017 at 1:47 PM, K_Tiger said:

Essentially LEGO Dino-Riders (I bet that dates me pretty well).

Good, I'm not the only one who first thought of Dino Riders when the "Riding Dinosaurs" idea came up. :laugh:

Thematically, I really like Elves (except for the Earth human coming through a portal to a magical world).  I'd love to see the fantasy concepts of Elves combined with the build complexity of Nexo Knights and the color palette of Tolkien sets.  As a minifigure theme.

Not to wishlist, but my understanding is that both Elves and Nexo Knights could end within a year's time.  It would be nice to see them combine the 2 ideas.  There's always a possibility that this could happen, even if there is a low probability.

Edited by x105Black

Could one of the 60 years sets feature Johnny Thunder, I mean he's a bit modern but he is iconic.

On 8/12/2017 at 0:20 PM, x105Black said:

Thematically, I really like Elves (except for the Earth human coming through a portal to a magical world).  I'd love to see the fantasy concepts of Elves combined with the build complexity of Nexo Knights and the color palette of Tolkien sets.  As a minifigure theme.

Not to wishlist, but my understanding is that both Elves and Nexo Knights could end within a year's time.  It would be nice to see them combine the 2 ideas.  There's always a possibility that this could happen, even if there is a low probability.

Even better idea—a mini-doll theme that blends the high-tech concepts and builds of Nexo Knights with the themes, tone, and vibrant color palette of Elves. :wink:

Though personally I'd prefer to just see Elves continue for as long as possible.

Just now, Lyichir said:

Even better idea—a mini-doll theme that blends the high-tech concepts and builds of Nexo Knights with the themes, tone, and vibrant color palette of Elves. :wink:

I'm sure there's a market for that, small as it may be.  I mean, this exists:

1328891963m_SPLASH.jpg

Did anyone think of this, too?:

2012:

Dino, Monster fighters

2015:

Jurassic World, Scooby-Doo

2018 (My guess):

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, S.C.O.O.B.

There's a Dino and Monster theme every 3 years from 2012.

19 minutes ago, Raptor in the Bush said:

Did anyone think of this, too?:

2012:

Dino, Monster fighters

2015:

Jurassic World, Scooby-Doo

2018 (My guess):

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, S.C.O.O.B.

There's a Dino and Monster theme every 3 years from 2012.

Well, WAG's Scooby film was scheduled for 2018, but it was reslated for 2020 a few months ago.

http://screenrant.com/scooby-doo-movie-release-date-2020/

10 hours ago, x105Black said:

I'm sure there's a market for that, small as it may be.  I mean, this exists:

Hey, I forgot about that creation, isn't that Mark Stafford's (a.k.a @Nabii)?

18 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Could one of the 60 years sets feature Johnny Thunder, I mean he's a bit modern but he is iconic.

As far as Johnny Thunder goes, 2018 will also be the Adventurers theme's 20th anniversary, so I almost feel we could see a new theme mid year maybe. :shrug_oh_well:

It should be one that has different locations such as travelling around the world or time travelling. Those, I think, would do well, change and diversity goes along way.

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

It should be one that has different locations such as travelling around the world or time travelling. Those, I think, would do well, change and diversity goes along way.

Diversity is fun but there's also something to be said for a theme that has a consistent look and feel, especially within a given year. It makes the sets look better as a group (rather than looking vastly different aesthetically and not making much sense in a condensed layout), and allows sets to better take advantage of a given set of new elements (since new molds, prints, and recolors can be shared between sets instead of the overall budget for those elements having to be split between parts for vastly different applications). As such, an theme like this might do better with each year's story focusing on one particular region or time period.

On 7/19/2017 at 2:56 AM, Peppermint_M said:

I really like this Idea.

I'm pretty boring, so I'd just like to see a new Agents-esqe theme, but with returning and updated Villains from some of the old themes. Sort of like what Ninjago did with Day of the Departed, but with Ogel and Dr. Inferno and maybe like Sam Sinister versus a new team of Agents guys. Like how Ultra Agents had one gimmicky villain for each set (except Toxita for some reason got 2?), except each of the gimmicky villains is a big bad and like one of their henchmen from a previous series.

20 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Diversity is fun but there's also something to be said for a theme that has a consistent look and feel, especially within a given year. It makes the sets look better as a group (rather than looking vastly different aesthetically and not making much sense in a condensed layout), and allows sets to better take advantage of a given set of new elements (since new molds, prints, and recolors can be shared between sets instead of the overall budget for those elements having to be split between parts for vastly different applications). As such, an theme like this might do better with each year's story focusing on one particular region or time period.

Ahh yes! A different time period or region each year, that would work better. I agree 100%.

On 19.8.2017 at 0:04 AM, Lyichir said:

I think so too. Just look at the last wave of Adventurers. Orient Expedition was quite a large wave and still, basically every of the three regions only featured three sets, a large building, a small building and a vehicle. Also the variety of sets wasn't very big if you think of it.

On the other hand, if done right, the variety especially of vehicles could increase if there would be multiple regions in one wave. I could think of the search for some ancient African culture(think of those temples in Tarzan) going from the desert into the jungle or the other way round with some swamps and mountains in between.

Edited by mon-o-mat

Here's a wild idea, how about a action theme that is secondarily a tie-in for an original Lego video game, as opposed to the other way around. Think of the 2002 theme Island Xtreme Stunts, being a line of tie-in products for the videogame of the same name.

Compared to the typical Traveler's Tales Lego games, with their arcade styled set storyline, this game would be more of a freestyled multiplayer adventure game, much like Overwatch or Destiny. The game would feature a plethora of playable heroes, who would all be battle-ready fusions of CMF archetypes. For instance, imagine characters like... Battle Leprechaun, Roller Derby Cyborg, Galactic Pizza Delivery Boy, Warthog Suit Guy (a.k.a. an aggressive take on the S12 Piggy Suit Guy), Pastry Chef Ninja (with Rolling pin nunchucks)... you get the idea. :grin:

To start, there would probably be about five to six playsets and a collectable minifigure series to start as tie-in products for the game, with successive waves afterwards depending on how well the game sells. The CMS would be primarily made up of the various playable "fusion" heroes of the game, with most of the game's villains relegated to the theme's playsets.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

So, there will be a new theme to replace Nexo Knights

Any guesses?

PLEASE LEGO, bring back Adventurers

Just now, Robert8 said:

So, there will be a new theme to replace Nexo Knights

Any guesses?

The thing is, this topic was more intended for sharing your own ideas for new action/adventure themes, not really for speculation. This topic though, posted below, is probably more suited for plauable speculative discussion and rumors. :classic:

Just now, Robert8 said:

PLEASE LEGO, bring back Adventurers

I'll give a hearty AMEN to that though! :grin: