Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

[OL - FB] Emile's Smelly Situation

1.jpg
Emile managed to track a third former crewmate down. He was surprised he didn't smell him across the ocean. Rupert, or "Rotten" as the few friends of Emile on that ship called him, was known to smell worse than Corrington breeches when they see the glory of an Oleander. That being aside, Emile smelled Rotten as soon as he stepped into town.

2.jpg
Emile wanted his former crewmembers he hunted to see him and know he was there when he came for them. He was willing to make an exception for Rotten, the poor fellow. The stench of booze, rotting meat, and who knew what else fell like a thick cloud over the city. Emile knew that a msuket would serve this task, and hopefully the smell of gunpowder would cover up the foul odor. Only there was a problem.

3.jpg
The guard. The rather angry looking guard. But fortune favors the bold, as Emile had heard. He found a fortune teller on the side streets and offered her some coin to keep Mr. Angry Morion over there. Emile instructed her to speak very loudly. Mr. Angry Morion didn't seem too pleased with his fortune.

4.jpg
So Emile lept into action, quickly lining up his shot and fired at Rotten.

5.jpg
And without even having to get close to Rotten, Emile killed the smelly man.

6.jpg

Impressive photography. The pictures indicate a huge MOC, but it's actually quite a simplistic one. I like how you used real sunlight and shadows. You can really feel the heat of the beach at that town. Very nice work!

Thank you! The small MOCs looking big is something I've always struggled with; I always want to build the biggest thing I can, but alas don't always have the pieces. And you're right about the heat. It was about 108* heat index today when I was shooting, and my baseplate, while only out there for maybe five or six minutes, got pretty hot.

Nice shoot! I suggest Emile to get a sniper rifle to continue his job.:grin:

I like your idea of telling a story with simple but effective building.

Great photos and quite a story. I quite love that head choice for Emile. So stern and Chuck Norris-like :laugh: !! As Elo previously wrote, I, too, was waiting for a bigger and more elaborate MOC but frankly, with your photos, that would be totally unnecessary in this case. Still, I would like to see a detailed harbor for the sake of "brickly" creativity some time when you have the free time needed (the other part of "writing" creativity you have more than fulfilled it!!!). I am eagerly waiting who the next victim will be! Kill 'em all :tongue:

It's mainly due to a lack of pieces, well not a total lack. I've got a huge collection, but I just can't bring myself to taking apart a lot of sets for pieces. I need dto make some bricklink orders or buy some spare sets when I get some money. It's why I've been mainly doing LDD, because I can go bigger there. But it means a lot for the comments on making the sets look bigger than they are!

8 hours ago, KotZ said:

It's mainly due to a lack of pieces, well not a total lack. I've got a huge collection, but I just can't bring myself to taking apart a lot of sets for pieces. I need dto make some bricklink orders or buy some spare sets when I get some money. It's why I've been mainly doing LDD, because I can go bigger there. But it means a lot for the comments on making the sets look bigger than they are!

Don't worry, creativity comes in many ways :wink:

Good story and great use of perspective and angles, sir. While I agree with bd that more details is always nice from a moc'ing perspective, what you have done here is very creative and highly effective. The posing and campfire scene are both good too. 

Overall, very nice entry into the chronicles of BoBs.