TheBeeze

Campaign 3- Taking Ground 6/15/17 - 7/31/17

Campaign 3 
Taking Ground

Map Name: Studica
Grid: E4, E5
Time:  0530 Hours

Before the sun comes up, Johann Paulson is already halfway through his day having fished along the river with his son, Leif. 

35185490121_4246599f62_z.jpg 

Johann and his son are spending time at this cabin for their summer just across the border from Filace. Johann returned to the cabin to start preparing for the second half of the day to clean and cook the fish they caught..... or so they claimed.
35148577852_d9f85abb11_z.jpg 

Leif stood silently gazing out into the river when Soldiers popped out of the water with guns pointed straight at him. 

34927879570_35a0288999_z.jpg 

Johann quickly grabbed his gun to come to his son's aid. Before he could even move out the door his son was restrained and the guns were pointing at him. The soldiers were instructing him to drop his weapon and no harm would come to him and his son.

34472064684_1aabdc4bd5_z.jpg 

Johann complied dropping his weapon and raising his hands above his head. He was explaining to the soldiers him and his son were just fisherman on retreat. 

34505197963_7decdcdde9_z.jpg 

when the 2nd part of the recon team breached the front door to the cabin to search the area as the false dawn was striking the sky. 

35185498231_ee253a3992_z.jpg 

34505202633_d99753e703_z.jpg 

The tower which they claimed was for operating a personal radio was linked up to the Briolui Army's Intelligence Wing. They were providing early warning for the military. Additionally, an artillery crate was found booby trapped inside the cabin which they stated was just stores of food for the summer. The recon team moved the Paulsons away from the house completely disregarding their statements on their activities. 

35148585152_06051437ff_z.jpg 

The Recon team made one last sweep on the cabin and determined it would be wise to call in an EOD team to inspect the crate

34472073744_3a1f6f185e_z.jpg 

The recon team secured the Paulsons a short distance away behind a berm while they waited for the EOD team to arrive.

34505208033_a35e202568_z.jpg 

34505214433_2fd00eca74_z.jpg 

When the EOD unit arrived, they instructed the Recon Team to stay in place behind the berm while the Tech inspected the cabin and the suspicious crate.

34472079684_226ef378bb_z.jpg 
 34505225583_6f66b21006_z.jpg 

35148588402_3ef46b4eec_z.jpg  35148601422_a1aaf03f8c_z.jpg 

Once inside the cabin, the EOD tech inspected the crate and disabled the explosive trigger.  34505230063_2a277c3c71_z.jpg 

Inspection of the crate would show a map and a list of documents pertaining to the planned COAC invasion of Briolui. There were detailed documents showing troop counts and planned routes of assault. Someone inside the COAC leaked the battleplans to the RON and now they knew exactly where the COAC was going to strike. They would be ready. 

Campaign Guidelines

Forces of the COAC banded together and launched a full scale coordinated assault on Studica Grids E4 and E5. The COAC is trying to push into Briolui territory in hopes of bringing things to quick end. Word of the impending attack slipped out prior and now all RON Nations have been alerted and are already moving their forces in coordinated a defensive effort. 

• Countries that are part of the COAC are to build MOCs depicting their side assaulting fortified positions of the enemy attempting to capture ground.

• Countries in the RON are to build MOCs depicting their side defending assaults.

• The goal for both sides here is to show coordination with each other across your builds. Stories should intertwine and share details. Be creative. This will be a big part of your score. 

• Nations that currently have not declared war will need to do so before submitting combat builds or find other creative ways to build something to fit in with the guidelines. 

• All builds must be posted as a new topic in the “Great Brick War” subforum, the title prefixed by, "(GBW- CP3)" followed by the Country you’re representing, and then your MOC’s Title. Example "(GBW- CP3) Filace - Fueling up the Jets")  
  • Neither side should show their forces definitively destroying the opposition. Showing successes is okay, but not total domination. The winners of the campaign will be decided based on the points awarded from judging. This means if your team doesn't score well, it's possible for your forces to be beaten back.
  • MINIMUM SIZE BUILD IS 32 X 32
  • All LDD Builds must be labeled- Example: (GBW- CP3) Country - Title of build (LDD)
  • All builds must be new MOC’s and not prior builds. 
  • Photo Editing is to be kept to a minimum with only real edits of lighting and color correction. No special effects. Players may crop one picture of their MOC onto a background picture to help with their landscape if they’d like. 
  • Pictures cannot be bigger than 800x600
  • Players may post a link to an offsite host such as Flickr where Higher Res pics are located. 
  • Be cool and share your photos in the GBW Flickr Group!
  • Please refer to the General Rules Topic for limitations based on your Point Level.
  • Upon completion, players must also post a link to their build in the AAR Thread as well letting the judges know that it is eligible for scoring. 

Campaign Duration 6/15/17 - 7/31/17

All builds will not be finalized until the closing date for the campaign. Players can edit their posts up until that point. As long as it is 7/31/17 somewhere in the world, you can submit. Use this as a deadline https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/baker-island

The Outcome

• If the COAC wins, they will earn the ground they set out to conquer.
  • If the RON wins, they will put a stop to the forward momentum of the COAC preventing any offensive campaigns for the next (2) Campaigns.
  • All players who participate will be awarded the points they earn for each build.
  • The winning team will earn this tag: 35468208385_5953b96563_o.png 
  • Players can have only (1) GBW Tag in their profile at a time. If you would like this tag, please let a GBW Staff Member know.    

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Recon and EOD Team were fully outfitted courtesy of one of our sponsors, Minifig.cat Be sure to check out their site and all of the great products they offer to build up your armories!

34481343694_4b0d2dc8bb.jpg

Edited by Thebeeze111

25 minutes ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

@Thebeeze111Just to clarify, does my build have to be on a 32x32 or larger baseplate? Or can I have an extended rectangle of the same area? Or even an irregular base that occupies the area?

Your build must meet that size as a minimum, does not need to be on a baseplate per say. I will ask that if you do something that is not dimensionally square, that it not be something too time consuming for me to sit there and count studs. Bottom line, we want a decent sized build for this one. We shouldn't have to sit there and count studs, it should be obvious that you've met the requirements.

1 hour ago, Thebeeze111 said:

Your build must meet that size as a minimum, does not need to be on a baseplate per say. I will ask that if you do something that is not dimensionally square, that it not be something too time consuming for me to sit there and count studs. Bottom line, we want a decent sized build for this one. We shouldn't have to sit there and count studs, it should be obvious that you've met the requirements.

Thank you sir! :grin:

In commemoration of our Sponsorship with Minifig.Cat, this Campaign's Winning Tag will be the EOD Tech.

35468208385_5953b96563_o.png 

Edited by Thebeeze111

On 6/15/2017 at 1:05 PM, TheBeeze said:

Campaign Guidelines

• Countries that are part of the COAC are to build MOCs depicting their side assaulting fortified positions of the enemy attempting to capture ground.

• Countries in the RON are to build MOCs depicting their side defending assaults.

• The goal for both sides here is to show coordination with each other across your builds. Stories should intertwine and share details. Be creative. This will be a big part of your score. 

Just wanted to point some thing out. 

The above, though lenient and allowing for a lot of creativity, are still guidelines. Some of you did not follow this and it will be reflected in your scores as we get closer to finishing scoring. Please pay attention to the guidelines moving forward as we are going to be getting harder on scoring as we progress.

Those of you who did these things, did so beautifully. Keep up the hard work!

Congratulations!

The RoN has been declared the victor of Campaign 3!  With this victory, they put a stop to the forward momentum of the COAC, preventing any offensive campaigns for the next (2) Campaigns.

An amazing effort by all members on both sides.

As RoN won Campaign 3, they have the ability to change up their tag or add the new one...once it gets  back from the tag factory.

Please post in here if you would like to have the new one or replace the old one.

With regards to Campaign 4, please be patient, there are a few factors being worked out and it will be announced just as soon as possible.  Thanks!

Actually, I can add them.  I'm just waiting for my tag guy to fix it up and then I'll get it added.  Thanks for posting here to let me know!

On 8/22/2017 at 2:04 AM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

@Stash2Sixx Can you please add (not replace, but add) the new tag for me

You can only have (1) GBW Tag at a time unfortunately. It's outside of our control. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, TheBeeze said:

You can only have (1) GBW Tag at a time unfortunately. It's outside of our control. Sorry. 

Ok, that is fine. I will keep the one I already have. :classic: