The Librarian

Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum

As soon as I got my hands on the official Doctor Strange set, I wanted to expand it. One day, I hope I'll have the bricks to build a properly big chunk of the full house, but in the meantime, please enjoy this small diorama.

34930384230_5ea343eb7c_h.jpgSanctum Sanctorum by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

34930385310_512821f53f_c.jpgSanctum Sanctorum by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

34930386590_a9d0b69812_c.jpgSanctum Sanctorum by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

34930383090_714fdb20cd_c.jpgCloak of Levitation by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

35188157731_fa9684969a_c.jpgThe Dread Dormammu by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

I have the set and it feels indeed a bit incomplete. You made a really cool diorama out of it, which reminds me that I should tinker with mine a bit as well :wink: Well done! :classic:

nice i may have to steal some of these ideas for my rather empty petshop- santorum mod

Wow, such simple and small improvements turned a this good set into a great set with your build! I love that Dormamu too...

"Dormamu, I've come to bargain!" :wink:

Great improvements! This makes a much better display piece! I think tiles on the railings would be even better, also.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

On 15/06/2017 at 0:50 PM, SpiderJazz said:

Awesome! Love what you did with the set. My favorite part is the iconic window of Sanctum Santorum. Awesome! :thumbup:

I can't claim all the credit for the window design - it's borrowed very much wholesale from the set, just bulked out a little. The use of those blades was an inspired bit of set design!

On 15/06/2017 at 9:44 PM, yg33 said:

nice i may have to steal some of these ideas for my rather empty petshop- santorum mod

Steal away!

On 15/06/2017 at 10:46 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

Great improvements! This makes a much better display piece! I think tiles on the railings would be even better, also.

Tiles undoubtedly would; unfortunately, at the time I built this, my black tiles were otherwise occupied!

23 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The mirror... Is that official LEGO, or a non-purist piece, if real where could one acquire it?

Totally purist - it's this, reversed: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2494pb09#T=C, in the same frame it came with for this set: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=4721-1#T=S&O={}

That is fantastic!! Tilting the window down was a really nice touch. I've been wanting to add a little bit of extra detail to my Sanctum, too, and there's a lot of inspiration to be had here! 

This really is awesome! I like how simple and clean you've kept is so you can really focus on the action, which also is awesome. I do agree with Umbra-Manis about the railings though.

It's actually quite nice to see few mocs cropping up again in this forum recently. I don't think it has nearly enough and I might start dabbling myself again when I get some time!