Sign in to follow this  
Nequmodiva

[C-MODEL] 42053 Cherry Picker

800x800.jpg

This cherry picker is an alternate of 42053 Volvo EW160E.

Functions are steering, platform lifting, boom rotation and extending outriggers. Boom rotation is done with a knob at the back. Also at the back are knobs for the outriggers, one for each side. Outriggers can actually lift the vehicle from the ground. It's just not visible in the photos because I placed it on soft ground.

For the pneumatic system I did not choose the hand pump. I rather went with the small pump and a crank. It takes some rotations for the lifting, but works really good and has a better fine tuning of the height than the hand pump. Also I did connect the pneumatic actuator only with one tube. Gravity is enough to lower the platform.

There's a hatch door above the pneumatic pump and a door for the platform. On the black panel at the front the sticker for the B model is applied.

I've published more photos, inventory and ldd-file at rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-8542/Nequmodiva/42053-cherry-picker/#comments

Neatly done! I'm a huge fan of C-Models and this one is well executed. Like how lightweight and solid at the same time it looks. The grille is great, too. Good job :wink:

Really good C-model, functionality also seems full for cherry picker. Could be officail B-model.

Very nice! Really like the use of the orange parts for the bucket. And smart use of the little pump, would have never thought of operating it manually myself

I've found this model on rebrickable and I like it very much. It resembles me set 8292.

8292-1.jpg?200712210127

Reakly great work, you gave me idea what to do on one of my mocs. Again very nice :wub:

Thanks for all the nice comments! :blush:

8 hours ago, Tomik said:

It resembles me set 8292.

I own that set and I definitely took some inspiration for the boom geometry from it. :laugh:

This is very nice! I've been looking for a C-model for this set but haven't been able to find one until now. I'll have to add this to my build list.

23 hours ago, mattthewise said:

This is very nice! I've been looking for a C-model for this set but haven't been able to find one until now. I'll have to add this to my build list.

It has a lots of useful parts, but those small wheels make building large model a lot harder.

14 hours ago, Nequmodiva said:

I have created building instructions now

Did you used MLCad for making those instructions? Pneumatic V2 parts are available for it :)

Just now, M_longer said:

Did you used MLCad for making those instructions? Pneumatic V2 parts are available for it :)

Yes they are, but they are missing in LPub3D library. It gave me quite a headache to figure why they show in ldwiev/mlcad, but not in lpub. From some obscure reason LPub has its own library at different place, if I remember correctly it is located in zip file name complete.zip, located in LDraw directory.

5 hours ago, M_longer said:

Yes I used MLCad. Oh, they are? I did not find them. Maybe my parts library is not up to date.

5 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

Yes they are, but they are missing in LPub3D library. It gave me quite a headache to figure why they show in ldwiev/mlcad, but not in lpub. From some obscure reason LPub has its own library at different place, if I remember correctly it is located in zip file name complete.zip, located in LDraw directory.

Ah okay, then I did not miss anything by not finding the cylinder. :laugh:

Sorry for reviving this topic, but I have a mini review:

(From my view of a younger brother building, it is his set.

Build: 8/10, closer examination necessary.

Functions: 9/10, only the hard work of outriggers, and steering could be better with a year rack.

Fun level: 9/10, super playable

Overall: 8.5 Stable pickins!

Thanks for making it, younger brother loves it!

Edited by Aventador2004

3 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Sorry for reviving this topic, but I have a mini review:

(From my view of a younger brother building, it is his set.

Build: 8/10, closer examination necessary.

Functions: 9/10, only the hard work of outriggers, and steering could be better with a year rack.

Fun level: 9/10, super playable

Overall: 8.5 Stable pickins!

Thanks for making it, younger brother loves it!

Thanks, that sounds good!