The Librarian

TIE Savager

A while back, while on a big Star Wars kick, I knocked together this as a prospective design for Kylo Ren's personal TIE Fighter. My guiding idea was 'like Darth Vader's, only bigger and spikier and totally awesomer!!' Because that's how poor Kylo thinks.

35258518266_5591fe4f3e_b.jpgTIE Savager by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

35258516706_9205fedb43_c.jpgTIE Savager by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

35258516046_f0001eeb1f_c.jpgTIE Savager by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

35258515316_5cc614b949_c.jpgTIE Savager by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

There is room inside for a pilot but for one reason or another, I didn't photograph that.

Enjoy!

Excuse my wording, but: that is the tits.

Love everything about it, especially that color scheme. Slap some unnecessary flick shooters on there, and you've got yourself a perfect 50-bucks playset. Damn, it's so sexy.

Edited by Cody Startale

I really like your design.  It does remind me of a tie variant, perhaps that is now a part of the legends material.  The one thing you might want to change imho is the head of the twin laser canons.  It may be just me but the gold contrasts with the rest of the moc to much.  Other than that I like everything about this.  Well done sir.

Great design, it has a particular and original style, very beautiful TIE. I like the landing gear.

Thanks for all the kind words!

On 14/06/2017 at 8:57 AM, Smack said:

I really like your design.  It does remind me of a tie variant, perhaps that is now a part of the legends material.  The one thing you might want to change imho is the head of the twin laser canons.  It may be just me but the gold contrasts with the rest of the moc to much.  Other than that I like everything about this.  Well done sir.

Entirely fair on the gold lasers. Looking at the pictures, I'm in two minds about them, but on the whole, I think they worked with the model in-person.

On 14/06/2017 at 2:19 PM, Nom Carver said:

Beautiful! Is this an original TIE design? I love it.

It's definitely original in the final execution but I took inspiration from this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/HU_Hunter_multi-role_starfighter as well, of course, as the original TIE Advanced design.

On 15/06/2017 at 8:09 PM, Kevii23 said:

Besides the nice ship, I really like your build for the stand! Nice one. 

Thanks! It's proven to be quite the multi-purpose design and will be showing up in future models!

On 15/06/2017 at 8:01 AM, Cyh Naan said:

Great design, it has a particular and original style, very beautiful TIE. I like the landing gear.

Not sure how well it shows but the idea was that the landing gear could act like claws for grappling.

Thanks again everyone!

As others in this thread have said, this looks like it would work very well as an official set, except for the techniques used to get the black rim about the wings.  Those are really clever, but I can't see TLG using them in a retail set.  This ship reminds me of concept art for TIE fighters from the "Neo-Empire" that chase the Millennium Falcon over a water world in the Force Awakens concept art book.  In the end they decided to go with the more familiar TIE look with colors inverted, but I'd be surprised if they didn't revert to those earlier concepts for Kylo Ren's advanced neo-TIE.  So I bet the actual set will look pretty similar to this.  (Disclaimer: I know nothing!)

I like the elongated fuselage behind the cockpit. It really flows well with the low profile wing design, and the red canopy oozes Sith appeal.