Capt Wolf

The Empire of Eslandola: Sign-Up and Discussion, Era II

There's something funny going on out there...

Small Banana (1).jpg

The Strange Stuff is continuing on Gunpowder Island!  This time it's the monkeys and the ETWC setting up shop with the newly created cocorite bananas on the island...

48323395811_547d5ffb5f_z.jpg

(Picture linked to topic)

Hello! I'm very enthusiastic to join BoBS and have done a bit of research and I'd love to partake in the Empire of Eslandola. I believe I'm posting this in the right place, but if I messed something up please do let me know! Anyhow here's my formal request:

I, Arthur Williams, pledge my undying loyalty under the Eslandolian flag. May the water's sail us true!

48930124191_1ff38ebeff.jpgMain by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

Occupation: Current owner of the "Golden Fang" merchant fluyt (currently under maintenance) 

Interests: Sailing and trading under MAESTRO's authority

Established history:

Spoiler

Whilst being born under the Empire of Eslandola's flag, Williams had a keen interest in becoming a merchant Captain like his father. Dreaming of sailing his father's ship: "The Golden Fang" (fluyt). 

48930120616_d8882bed08.jpgPart 1 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

Even from a young age, Williams strived to do whatever he could to make this dream a reality. Researching whenever he can and growing an acute intellect.

48930309187_6f3333706d.jpgPart 2 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

Sadly, in the midst of his learning, his father caught a dreaded illness. This illness would disable his father from being able to sail his ship, henceforth making the family extremely poor. Having to now provide for his family, Williams had to drop his knowledge in exchange for unsafe work in exchange for a very meager pay. His first job involved that of mining.

48929578968_6e76017c15.jpgPart 3 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

Having become physically exhausted and extremely filthy, Williams had to find a change. Luckily, one of the land's smaller merchant ships was in need for another crewmate. Williams was able to achieve this job and was immediately set to sea.

48929582003_a85b9cc5f1.jpgPart 4 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

Sadly, within just weeks of being at sea, the merchant vessel was attacked by pirates (not the SR) and was easily captured. The crew and the captain were marooned, but sadly to Williams dismay, Williams has never encountered pirates before leading to his direct verbal abuse to those he thought unintelligent and primitive creatures. Luckily for him the pirates were having a joyous day because the merchant vessel they hit was none other than a rum vessel. Feeling abnormally generous, the pirate Captain decided to throw Williams overboard along with a makeshift raft, leaving the sea to decide his fate.

48930123471_3767184bb6.jpgPart 5 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

Meanwhile, while Williams was at sea, explorer Johellen Abad was exploring the local jungle, gathering many herbs and seeking adventure.

48930121746_8617f29b95.jpgPart 7 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

After three weeks of being at sea, the boy was finally put to shore. Luckily, the winds were on his side, else he would have met a horrible fate at sea. 

48930308162_f18716455e.jpgPart 6 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

48929579808_197581d9bf.jpgPart 8 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

Upon being thrown on the land, Williams was greeted by Abad. Abad, having explored all of his life, immediately brought Williams back to the nearest town and afterwards cared for and restored Williams to his original pristine condition. After arriving back to his hometown, Williams decided to share a drink with his new friend.

48930307202_54d6f6f811.jpgPart 9 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

During his conversation with Abad, the town doctor walked in to the room. The doctor, hearing about the Williams return, had to inform him of the unfortunate news. After formal greetings, the doctor informed Williams that his father is on the verge of failing and would like to see his son before he passes away. Immediately after hearing this, Williams sprinted to the town hospital at record breaking speeds to see his father once again.

48930122861_b362091558.jpgPart 10 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

Upon entering the room, Williams was greeted with a smile from his father. Before Williams could say a word, his father immediately said, "Remember this my son?" and after showing the item at hand, he added, "the Fang is your's now, I know you will treat her well." After hearing this and speaking somewhat, his father stopped him short and added, "Please leave my son, no one want's to see their own father like this" and he added, "besides, the world is your vessel now that you have control of the sea." After, hearing this and sharing a few kind words in return, Williams left as requested. After leaving, he knew he need a first mate of his now owned ship, looking no further he turned to a recent friend.

48930308582_ff88b2ddb1.jpgPart 11 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

After a few years of great success, the Fang was hit by some cannon fire. Returning to port, the Fang was docked to have maintenance. It is said she'll hopefully be ready to sail within half a year to a year depending on how many issues arrive. Upon arrival at his hometown, Williams was shocked to see his father alive and well. The doctor claimed he has recovered from something no one else has because of his fathering saying quote "I cannot let this plastic body perish before I make sure my son isn't running the ship aground every rock and land possible." Although unable to ever walk again, William's father was more than capable of living out the rest of his life a happy man.

To this great news, Williams was ready to set sail again, this time with a new sense of hope to bring glory to his homeland under MAESTRO's authority. 

Thanks for listening to my story! Sorry for the bad quality of pictures and lack of bricks! I don't have many spare bricks so tried to do the best with what I had. Hope you enjoyed!

Hi there, welcome to BotBS!

An excellent introduction, your characters story is very detailed and well done. Looking forward to what you are up to, great to have you around! :thumbup:

P.S.: Where is that lovely torso from?

Edited by Darnok

Welcome to BoBs! Young Williams has had an interesting life so far. Looking forward to what he does with the Fang when it is ready.

And a nice job of using the "wrong" side of bricks to great effect. Good illustrative builds with minimal pieces. Well done :thumbup:

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Hello! I'm very enthusiastic to join BoBS and have done a bit of research and I'd love to partake in the Empire of Eslandola. I believe I'm posting this in the right place, but if I messed something up please do let me know! Anyhow here's my formal request:

I, Arthur Williams, pledge my undying loyalty under the Eslandolian flag. May the water's sail us true!

in by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

Occupation: Current owner of the "Golden Fang" merchant fluyt (currently under maintenance) 

Interests: Sailing and trading under MAESTRO's authority

Hello my dear sir.

And in the name of The MAESTRO Company, I am glad to offer you an apple with a glass of cider ! :pir-wink:

Well, it seems you have already one... :pir-grin:

Welcome ! @The Neighborhood Merchant

Felipe,

I look forward to sailing under MAESTRO and yes, I do think I could an apple and some more cider. Waiting at the dock for my ship to be ready is dreadfully boring.

Arthur

Thanks @Ross Fisher ,@Capt Wolf, @Darnok, and @Faladrin! Really appreciate the kind words!

3 hours ago, Darnok said:

P.S.: Where is that lovely torso from?

The torso is found on Professor Gilderoy Lockhart from Harry Potter. All the harry potter minifigures are absolute goldmine for minifigure pieces. It's pretty easy to find him in an old vintage lot on Ebay. Personally, I just bought a harry potter lot, kept him and a few others and just put the rest up for sale among my other pieces on my Lego Ebay store. I'd definitely suggest the old vintage harry potter lots as they are incredibly cheap if you find the right time and come with all the older colors and great minifigures. I'm currently looking in to getting the Sand Red version of him as his torso is absolutely breathtaking.

Edited by The Neighborhood Merchant

24 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

The torso is found on Professor Gilderoy Lockhart from Harry Potter. All the harry potter minifigures are absolute goldmine for minifigure pieces.

Thanks! I agree, the HP line has some excellent minifigs and accessories for fantasy, medieval and/or pirate themed scenes.

One general word of advice (or warning :pir-grin:): have some patience while getting into the game. BotBS is not very fast paced, so please don't get frustrated by things moving forward slowly. It's a marathon, not a sprint. :pir-classic:

Thanks @Bodi!

11 minutes ago, Darnok said:

One general word of advice (or warning :pir-grin:): have some patience while getting into the game. BotBS is not very fast paced, so please don't get frustrated by things moving forward slowly. It's a marathon, not a sprint. :pir-classic:

I'm actually glad it works this way as it takes a while for me to come up with ideas to build new stuff! Plus, it builds up the suspense...

I'm watching those corries... always advancing in technology... always needing more land...:hmpf_bad:

7 hours ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

I'm actually glad it works this way as it takes a while for me to come up with ideas to build new stuff! Plus, it builds up the suspense...

Build at your own pace, you are welcome at all times. And if you are out of inspiration or just want some rambling, we have our very own Drinking Hole. :pir-classic:

7 hours ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

I'm watching those corries... always advancing in technology... always needing more land...:hmpf_bad:

Yeah, those damn Corries... nowaitaminute... :pir-look:

In terms of land and exploration you are lucky: we just got a "map expansion" with multiple unclaimed islands east of the already colonised world. You can of course settle anywhere, even start new settlement(s) of your own pretty much anywhere - but if exploring actually new territories is more to your liking, it was just made a bit easier for you. :thumbup:

Thanks so much, @Garmadon! I look forward to all the interesting activities I'll be able to take part in. 

Appreciate the kind words, @Fraunces! Hopefully throughout time I'll be able to include more bricks to my smaller builds, but until then I still am very thankful to see the kind feedback to the little I can do! Also, a quick side note: I don't know if you've seen my Boreas's Haul (pretty rookie ship I made a bit ago), but I still have your fig in command of the helm on the old Trading ship. Thanks for continuing to bring me good loot with your voyages! :pir_laugh2:

Thanks for the cheerful welcoming, @Kai NRG! Glad you enjoyed the story and the dirty one was pretty much the only time my bag of demolished parts came in handy. Amazing that even parts in horrible condition have a part within lego builds! :pir-oh:

Welcome to the seas @The Neighborhood Merchant! Good to have a new member sailing around.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:24 PM, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Thanks @Bodi!

Well, we need space for all our fancy gadgets and gizmos!

As you start your Journey, the Corrie port of Quinnsville - the home of the semi-defunct Corrington branch of MAESTRO - will always have a room in the inn for Arthur.