Capt Wolf

The Empire of Eslandola: Sign-Up and Discussion, Era II

3 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

So who's going to be building new military units now that Eslandola has a new uniform torso?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb4538c01&idColor=48#T=C&C=48

Woah, that's an excellent torso for uniforms! I am thinking hussars, but they could be good for almost anything. Might be hard to come by in any quantity, though.

5 hours ago, Bregir said:

I am thinking hussars, but they could be good for almost anything. Might be hard to come by in any quantity, though.

That's what Bricks n Pieces is for, right?

3 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Thanks for pointing it out!

No problem!

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

That's what Bricks n Pieces is for, right?

My thought exactly :pir-grin:

Can you order this sort of piece from bricks and pieces? I'll need to try that out! How does it work? :)

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

Can you order this sort of piece from bricks and pieces? I'll need to try that out! How does it work? :)

Oh yeah definitely. I do it by going to lego.com and then clicking support --> buy replacement parts. You can then search by set # and find all of the parts in that set to order from the website. This green torso is from the new hotel set.

@Bregir I would also recommend having the item numbers of all the parts on hand before you load up BnP. The website times out really quickly (on mobile at least), so it isn’t possible to research an item number if you have things in the basket already. 

30 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

@Bregir I would also recommend having the item numbers of all the parts on hand before you load up BnP. The website times out really quickly (on mobile at least), so it isn’t possible to research an item number if you have things in the basket already. 

I haven't had timeout issues on a desktop, but I do for sure research the item numbers beforehand - makes it way easier.

I keep a Google sheet with my wanted list and their IDs as it adds up to many months' worth of LEGO budget!

Here is my current wish list: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cytvzxwkyu0j8xw/Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 3.11.09 PM.png?dl=0

Edited by evancelt

On 1/16/2022 at 10:23 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Yog !!! Even the set is worth an order !

The set is definitely fine. My wife bought it and was very happy building it. One of the best modulars TLG has ever put out.

My challenge with "Bricks and Pieces" is that I am still waiting for my order from Dec 15th... :pir_wacko:

I will not order something new before this has finally arrived.

1 hour ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

The set is definitely fine. My wife bought it and was very happy building it. One of the best modulars TLG has ever put out.

My challenge with "Bricks and Pieces" is that I am still waiting for my order from Dec 15th... :pir_wacko:

I will not order something new before this has finally arrived.

Yes word is TLG is combining Bricks and Pieces and the online version of 'Pick a Brick' into a joint ordering platform, and it is scheduled to go live Feb 1. Orders placed to BaP in the last few months are held up because of that reorganization.

I found a few of the sand green torsos on Bricklink for cheap (cheaper than BaP), but am waiting on BaP for some of those light nougat elements!

11 hours ago, evancelt said:

I found a few of the sand green torsos on Bricklink for cheap (cheaper than BaP), but am waiting on BaP for some of those light nougat elements!

It is obviously too early for the sand green torsos. At this moment, Bricklink offers 6 in total. :pir-laugh:  And only in US. So @evancelt go for it!

I will just have to buy the modular building several times :pir-huzzah1:

7 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

It is obviously too early for the sand green torsos. At this moment, Bricklink offers 6 in total. :pir-laugh:  And only in US. So @evancelt go for it!

Haha feel free to go for it with any on BL :pir-huzzah2:

I ordered mine last week, supposed to arrive yesterday but they are still on their way through the mail! I think they have left and returned to Chicago 3 or 4 times on their way to Colorado - taking the long way here!

16 hours ago, evancelt said:

Haha feel free to go for it with any on BL :pir-huzzah2:

I ordered mine last week, supposed to arrive yesterday but they are still on their way through the mail! I think they have left and returned to Chicago 3 or 4 times on their way to Colorado - taking the long way here!

I hope they will arrive one day - so did my Bricks and Pieces order. It arrived yesterday. I should have complained earlier in this forum :pir_laugh2:

I woulda joined you all, if I had the right colors and minifigs is all. When you start with 20 bluecoats, the choice is obvious lol. Anyways, I found these on my Ebay voyages. If I were an Eslandolan... I know for a fact that Audi2005 is excellent, if you are in the states at any rate.

Some Eslandolan Options on Ebay

I may yet... but they have decent lots of building pieces I should probably be loading up on. These aren't auctions but 'buy it now' prices. They seem to do this for a living, given the volume available.

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

Cardinal.jpg.685b4ab096f705ee93fee8bf7267d421.jpg

Cardinal Charles Francisco Cortez, Pirate turned Privateer turned Preacher self proclaimed Cardinal. Cardinal Cortez is a harsh unforgiving man for only the almighty can forgive a man of his sins, far from a kindly Padre he brings the Almighty's word to heathens and apostates at the point of a sword and the barrel of a gun.  

Anthony.jpg

Antonio Vasquez is the Cardinals faithful First Mate. Antonio has followed the Cardinal since he was a boy having joined his crew seeking his fortune and adventure on the high seas.  

Welcome to Eslandola!

Looking forward to the adventures of Cardinal Cortez!

1 hour ago, Jakedeg87 said:

Cardinal Charles Francisco Cortez, Pirate turned Privateer turned Preacher self proclaimed Cardinal. Cardinal Cortez is a harsh unforgiving man for only the almighty can forgive a man of his sins, far from a kindly Padre he brings the Almighty's word to heathens and apostates at the point of a sword and the barrel of a gun.  

Antonio Vasquez is the Cardinals faithful First Mate. Antonio has followed the Cardinal since he was a boy having joined his crew seeking his fortune and adventure on the high seas.  

Welcome to BoBS, Jakedeg87. Looking forward to learning more about the cardinal and his first mate!

Gday just wondering if there was any good recommendations for anyone that does custom mini fig torsos or stickers for Green Infantry 

1 hour ago, Jakedeg87 said:

Gday just wondering if there was any good recommendations for anyone that does custom mini fig torsos or stickers for Green Infantry 

One of the most popular options is to find (or make) designs you like and then print them onto your figs however you want (You can print stickers, decals or get them custom printed on torsos). I would recommend printing decals/stickers as it's dirt cheap so you can easily build an army. If you are planning on having the base torso white (like the classic lego red/blue coats) I would suggest that you make waterslide decals rather than stickers as it looks very similar to a custom printed torso. If you want to see how good water slide decals can look you should check out https://avfigures.com/, he makes star wars clone trooper decals. The only downside to water slide decals is that they only work on white torso's sadly. 

Another great option if you have a bigger budget, is to buy custom figures, some good sellers who makes Napoleonic era figures are https://brickguild.ca/ , https://www.unitedbricks.com/ and https://ktownbricks.com/ .

I personnally do not recommend you getting your designs custom printed as people charge insane amounts of money for that service. 

Hope this helps, the eurobricks thread I linked is where most people here get there sticker designs, there are plenty of great designs. If you find some you like that aren't green you can edit the colours via photoshop. If you do not have access to photoshop, I am sure someone can help you:pir-blush:

Edited by Justsomebrix

17 hours ago, Jakedeg87 said:

As for standard (non-custom) torsos, there are a few good ones. Take a look at the first page of this thread at 4-Military.

On 4/2/2022 at 5:33 AM, Jakedeg87 said:

You can also (if digital presentation is what you're mainly interested in) digitally change the torso colors in GIMP or photoshop.  It's a bit of a pain but at least it's cheap. :pir-laugh:  But it's hard to go to a really dark green, I usually turn blue torsos into bright green.

Is it time for Eslandola to change its structure of government?