Capt Wolf

The Empire of Eslandola: Sign-Up and Discussion, Era II

Introducing Captain Miguel De Resal of Eslandola! Growing up surrounded by explorers and traders, he always had a desire for wealth and adventure. After finishing his schooling, these dreams started to become a reality. Now a captain in the Eslandolan army, he is about to start posting MOCs in BoBs! 

20200413_113034-1.jpg

Edited by Beleg the Ranger

Welcome aboard, Captain Resal! We will all be looking forward to following your adventures throughout the Brick Seas! @Beleg the Ranger

A little tip: When posting pictures, you should host them at some other site (e.g. flickr) and then deeplink them into your posts. (There is a guide somewhere on Eurobricks) Eurobricks will only allow you very few very small pictures otherwise.

Hi guys! I asked a similar question in the Corrish thread… I am going to start an AMRCA in the Northern Ocean (probably you have seen the prelude) and a possible stop (I still have to decide) could be Northern Eslandola. Is there any real world inspiration/specific vibe that you want me to keep?

13 minutes ago, Keymonus said:

Hi guys! I asked a similar question in the Corrish thread… I am going to start an AMRCA in the Northern Ocean (probably you have seen the prelude) and a possible stop (I still have to decide) could be Northern Eslandola. Is there any real world inspiration/specific vibe that you want me to keep?

The northern coast of the old country on the continent? According to the "Geography" section on page 1 of this thread, this coast only has small ports and coastal towns and appears to be a bit rocky. The architecture from the southern coast would still be appropriate, just keeping in mind that it wouldn't get too large. And nobody is ever going to complain if you use the classic white walls and red roof styling seen in the Nova Terreli example or reminiscent of some of the Classic Pirate sets. While there are various real world inspirations for different parts of Eslandola, you're pretty safe with Spain and Portugal as models in this case.

@Elostirion 

A messenger in the guise of a uniformed officer from the Corlander Royal Navy arrives at the door of the Eslandian embassy in Kings Port. With him, he carries a sealed letter for the ambassador himself, for which he insists on a signature.

HMS Greyhound, Westface, 620

To his Excellency, the Eslandian Ambassador 

In the course of our due diligence in establishing connections to the Terraversan nation, we have uncovered evidence of a foreign power funding and arming rebels fighting against Terraversan independence! Everything points to Nola Mar being the epicenter of this insurgence, with the settlement having risen in arms. One of our officers has landed there to investigate, but has not been heard from since, adding to our concern. Unfortunately, we are not currently in possession of suitable evidence to allow us to approach Terraversan authorities directly.

I cannot stress enough the strategic importance of a free and independent Terraversa, located as it is as the gatekeeper to Terra Nova. Corrington is highly concerned that a foreign, and potentially hostile, power is contesting the control of the island, and will be endeavouring to preserve the independence of Terraversa. It is our belief that such concerns should be shared by Eslandola. With Terraversa in enemy hands, Halos and Terra Nova will effectively be cut off for all but the most daring captains, with the potential disastrous 
effects on our great nations.

I have dispatched a similar note to the Olean representatives and trust that our shared strategic interests will form a solid basis on which to cooperate to preserve Terraversan independence and neutrality, and hence free navigation of the Brick Seas. 

At your service,
Don Isaac Montoya
Consul, Corrington

Though Román Esteban Fontonajo had not been seen or hard of for years, his son maintained his activities as Eslandolan Ambassador on Terraversa. The response came with a slight delay, but it was 

To the Consul of Corrington, Don Isaac Montoya,

it is not only commonly known but also true that Colonial Eslandola has always pursued independence and peace - maybe more than any other nation. We believe that the freedom of choice by the people is much more powerful than acts enforced by the armpower of a selfish warmonger.

All strategic decisions are to be made by the Colonial Council, which I have immediately informed about your noble request. I am most certain, though, that Eslandola will not let all its past efforts for Terraversa go to waste, and that securing free trade will stay the highest priority of our foreign efforts. Be assured that we will stand besides our true friends once more.

A copy of this letter has been sent to the Colonial Council alongside your original message.

It was a pleasure hearing from you,
Fontonajo, Eslandolan Ambassador

@Bregir

@Elostirion

A hastily but neatly scribbled note was sent in reply.

Fontonajo? Is it my old friend Román Fontonajo, or perhaps the younger Fontonajo?

In either case, I am most relieved to have a trusted friend with which to pull through these so dangerous times for Terraversa and ourselves.

I shall await most patiently the reply from the Colonial Assembly and hope we can renew our acquaintances shortly.

Isaac Montoya, aboard HMS Greyhound

Eslandola's Colonial Council is back in session!

Council members and all Eslandian citizens are urged to assemble in the council hall to discuss important matters of the state.

Check out the trading post on Maldria for the new settlement of Punto Sur:

Calling all members of the colonial council: the council is convening to discuss aid to Terraversa.

Troopraising in Trador:

And I updated the second post in the MAESTRO topic. A quick reminder of our power to everyone :pir-skel:

Attention all Eslandola citizens!

The Colonial Council requires members to run for election/re-election each year. This simply requires a "campaigning" MOC sometime between now and January 31. The only council seats that don't need to build an MOC are the three seats appointed by the three trade companies (one each for ETWC, MCTC, and MAESTRO).

The elected seats are for representatives of the Sea of Storms, the Sea of Thieves, the Prio Seas, and a seat for independent traders (i.e., not affiliated with the TCs). Also, it has been proposed that we add a seat for the New Haven Seas. Any of these seats that do not have a campaign vig built by the end of January will be vacant.

The only requirement for running for a seat is that you have a property in the named region (or, if you don't participate in the EGS, then a build located in the named region).

Furthermore, the leader of the council, the Admius Legistrad, is also an elected position. Willem Guilder will not be running for re-election. FYI.

Looking forward to seeing some fun campaign MOCs!

My campaign MOC (campaigning for Sea of Thieves and Admius Legistrad) is up: